Hi! Can I request Hux headcannons? What would he do when you try to celebrate his birthday? (Cupcakes, presents, the whole deal)
A/N~ Shout out to Fae for helping me transform these from a mess into something more composed! ♡
- Armitage’s hostile childhood didn’t come with any festivities regarding his birth. It was treated more as a stain on his father’s name then a cause to celebrate. For this reason Hux had completely forgotten the significance surrounding the day.
- It had been years since he’d last acknowledged it, but you weren’t about to follow that example. You counted down each day in anticipation.
- When the time actually came you had everything planned out to the smallest detail. From the placement of candles on the cake to the tiny party hat you’d placed on Millicent’s head (despite her mewling protests)
- It had been a long day in the command center for Hux. He intended the rest of the evening to play out as always did but that ideology was shattered the moment he walked through the door of your shared quarters.
- Seconds after entering he was covered in a shower of homemade confetti followed by your own rendition of the happy birthday song. Needless to say he was definitely surprised and a little startled.
- As you sang happy birthday to him Armitage shifted awkwardly. What was one supposed to do under these circumstances? His military academy training didn’t cover this.
- You lit the candles on the cake after and requested he make a wish, which he thought was silly. How was a candle supposed to grant wishes?
- He did it anyway.
- Next came his gift, a new hat you’d had custom made just for him. There was even a gift from Millicent; a new set of gloves that she took the liberty of covering in her fiery orange fur.
- It was a simple party for just the two– three of you. All in all it was a bit overwhelming but it spoke volumes to him. For the first time in Hux’s existence someone remembered and honored his birth.
- After your little party you asked what he’d like to do next, It was his birthday after all, and his response was nothing more than a sweet kiss to your lips. “Thank you.” he whispered against your skin. It was thank’s not only for the party, but for showing him what real love felt like.