subscribe people!!!

In Judaism, we do not say “Rest in Peace.” We say “may their memory be for a blessing” or some variation of the phrase. We don’t say rest in peace because we don’t have a fixed idea of heaven or hell nor are those concepts important to us. What is more important is the legacy we left on earth: the work we have done, the lives we have touched. Elie Wiesel’s memory will most certainly be for a blessing.

Multi-chapter fics need love

Attention everyone.

The more chapters a fic has, the MORE YOU NEED TO COMMENT. 

I’m looking at all these fics with lots of kudos, lots of hits, lots of subscriptions I’m sure, and then *crickets* at an update. IF THERE ARE SAY 100 PEOPLE SUBSCRIBED, WHY ARE THERE ONLY TWO COMMENTS?? Let’s say only 10% of the people still read it. That’s ten comments that should be there. 

Too shy or worried or blah to comment? Here’s some copypastes for you:

  • I love this chapter so much.
  • I love reading this fic.
  • I think about this fic a lot.
  • It makes me happy when I see there is an update. 
  • This story is so intense and well-written.
  • I’ve been following since the beginning and it’s better than I imagined.
  • I’ve fallen in love with your characterization.
  • *quote your favorite part* This is my favorite! 
  • This fic made me think about a lot of things. 
  • I’ve learned some things about myself reading this story.
  • This is my favorite fic of all time. 
  • I reread this all the time. 
  • *incoherent screaming*
  • This is absolutely delectable and I love it. 

Use one! Use all! There are endless possibilities! Don’t feel pressured to write an essay. Just say that you are still here and you’re happy! 

It would be preferable for you not to say 

  • Can’t wait for the next chapter!

It’s ok when combined with other things, but if that’s all you say…..? We’re looking for love on the hard work we just posted

When you post your first chapter/oneshot, you worry: “Is anyone reading it? Does anyone like it? PLease someone, anyone!?” and you wait for people to come into your space. 

When you post your Xth chapter, you already know that people are reading it, there’s already a crowd gathered. Even if it’s only a few people, you know that they are there. “Does no one like it? What’s going on? What happened? Everyone loved it before?? I thought?? Did I mess up?”

NOT COMMENTING ON A MULTI-CHAPTER FIC IS LIKE GOING TO THE THEATRE AND NOT CLAPPING BETWEEN SCENES. LIKE THERE IS NO APPLAUSE AT INTERMISSION. 

Love your author. They need it. 

youtube

i made a chatty video about how i developed my own art style. i show some older drawings that led me to the point i’m at today, and there’s some tips for how to discover your own unique style. xx

youtube

Sincerely, Me Reprise animatic!!!

I really hope you like it! 0: (reblogs are very very much appreciated!!)

Headcanons: Darkiplier + the other alter-egos (WARNING: LONG)

Originally posted by lum1natrix

Okay, so this was something that I was thinking about today because it occurred to me that it’s an idea not thoroughly touched upon by anyone else.

Like, there’s been a lot of talk about the nature of Darkiplier’s dynamic with Wilford Warfstache, whether he’s manipulating him or competing for power or what. But Iike…what about all the other characters at the meeting? What’s his relationship with them? Or rather, what COULD it be, seeing how we don’t see any indicators of it beyond some theoretical relevance to table placement.

My thinking is, if his aim is usurping Warfstache’s “Alpha” position (which is what I believe), the best way for him to do that would be via control over the lesser egos.* And since his whole thing is that he’s an expert manipulator, he probably has his own ways of sucking up to each individual group member; gaining their trust, influencing their decisions, potentially making them more partial to him than to their other boss (Wilford has leadership simply by being the oldest and most powerful, and it’s clear he’s really just kinda rude to everyone else). And he’s good at it, obviously. Here are some of my ideas regarding how he goes about this with each Mark persona:

The Author/Host:

Originally posted by markired

> The Author was obviously in a very vulnerable place at the end of Danger in Fiction

> Like Mark said, he’d realized that his ability wasn’t actually control over things that happen as he writes them, but merely to know and write things as they happen

> Dark saw this, and he took advantage of it

> He’s the one that told the Author that his powers could be better suited to a different path in life, that as “The Host” he could gain the fame and respect he once had writing bestsellers

> It’s also possible he convinced him to stab his own eyes out

> But once The Host did abandon his subjects and his writing, it had a devastating affect on his psyche. Without any outlet, his powers overtook him, completely consuming his perception of reality

> Now he exists as a shell of his former self, aimlessly narrating the things that occur around him, aware of everything but too unfocused to comprehend anything

> Despite this, he gravitates naturally toward Dark, who assures him that this is good for him and that he has and will look out for him.

> Dark keeps him close, for his part, because one day The Host’s extraordinary abilities will come to a head, and he will have a lot of value on that day.

Googleplier:

Originally posted by luci-morningstar812

> Dark is the one person in the group who never, EVER takes advantage of Google’s subservient features

> He never says “OK Google” to order him to do something, and he’s always extremely careful not to directly ask him a question, as he knows how much he hates feeling compelled to answer

> Google appreciates this immensely, and has even once told Dark that it would be acceptable for him to ask for information if he required it. Dark responded by saying that he had no need for such a thing, as he already was privy to more information than the average human.

> Really he doesn’t need it because he believes he can get Google to do whatever regardless, but he wanted Google to respect his intelligence and view him as better than mankind. Which he totally does.

> One time during another meeting, an ego decided to try and “OK” Google into doing something demeaning as a joke, and Darkiplier made a show of getting very, very angry at him.

> “How dare you treat one of the most respectable and esteemed assets to our cause with such disrespect? Do you think that you can gain influence over the human masses by stooping to their juvenility? *the entire room vibrates, greyscale bleeds excessively into the walls and table* “This being has dignity far beyond your own and you should be glad you’re allowed to sit in his presence!”

> This one ego then spent several days trying to make sure Dark was no longer mad at him, which Dark allowed once he found something useful for him to do

> Now nobody messes with Google when Dark’s around

> Google and Dark see eye-to-eye on the need to take control of their host and his channel. Google believes this is a key first step to fulfilling his secondary objective. Three guesses as to what brought him to that conclusion.

> As far as Google is concerned, Dark is the most logical and reliable entity in their little unit. You will never see the two of them disagree on anything.

Dr. Iplier:

Originally posted by mollymeep

> The Doctor is very concerned with appearing professional and intelligent, and Darkiplier makes sure to indulge this

> The way he speaks to him is always very sophisticated, business-like. He uses big words, and he always refers to the Doctor’s PhD when inquiring him on something (which he never does in front of Google)

> Unlike most of the others, Dr. Iplier believes himself to be smarter than Dark, and he feels like he knows it. It’s not often people subscribe to his knowledge as a doctor and don’t question him remotely, so he appreciates that about Dark.

> I’ll bet you anything that after the Markiplier TV meeting, Dark tracked down Iplier to ask if he was feeling ok. According to him, he thought it was wrong for Wilford to steal his “I know best” catchphrase that always suited him so well, but he didn’t say anything because “Well, he is your boss after all”

> Basically trying to subtly Palpatine him into staying resentful of Wilford and becoming more partially loyal towards him

> It is unclear for the time being where exactly Dr. Iplier’s loyalties lie between the two of them, but he does like the TV pitch so Dark will have to tread carefully there.

Ed Edgar:

Originally posted by lum1natrix

> Ed is a business man, first and foremost, all about making a profit, so naturally Dark aims to connect with him on that front

> He’s one of the few members who never gives him grief for his…less than savoury practices

> Dark also has connections that the others don’t, and will provide Ed with resources for his trade

> Wilford does the same, but only when they’re collaborating together. And he’s more likely to be stupid and get them caught by the authorities than Dark, who somehow has never ONCE slipped up despite his repeated involvement in Ed’s trade

> (his trade is child slavery, in case you haven’t seen the video with this guy)

> All in all Ed respects Dark, and fears him at least a little. But he also likes the ideas Wilford has with Markiplier TV, so he too is rather torn between them

Silver Shepherd:

Originally posted by lum1natrix

> As a superhero, Shepherd has a strong sense of moral righteousness which…isn’t ALWAYS on point, but does lead him to feel distrustful of Darkiplier

> Obviously this provides an obstacle for him, but not an impassable one

> His main focus with him is creating MORE distrust towards Wilford, which obviously isn’t difficult because, you know, he IS a mass murderer

> But Shepherd is also a bit of a hypocrite, as he tends to let selfishness get in the way of his heroics (like in his indifference towards Markiplier TV), and of course he has his own multiple-personality confusion which tends to hinder his priorities

> And Dark is always capable of pointing these things out, the former if he wants him to cease his judgemental attitude, and the latter if he just wants to get him confused

> As a last resort, there’s always blackmail

> This supposed hero may not be as innocent as he seems

Bim Trimmer:

Originally posted by antisepticjack

> This guy is far and away the easiest person to manipulate out of all of them

> The man is like 85% ego

> And as we’ve seen with him, he’s attracted to blatant confidence

> Which is why he’s generally more drawn towards Wilford than Dark, as smug peacock-strutting is at least one thing Wilford is VASTLY superior at doing

> But Dark can still play that game

> (provided no other egos are around who’d be confused by it)

> And it’s easy to get him to do something or be okay with something if he’s told it couldn’t possibly hurt him because “You’re Bim Trimmer”

> But all in all Dark doesn’t concern himself with him very often

> In his eyes, he’s not very useful

King of the Squirrels:

Originally posted by antisepticjack

> This is one who Dark probably doesn’t interact with very often, as clearly he’s not part of the main group and no one pays him a lot of mind

> But don’t think that means he’s about to dismiss the potential value of royalty either

> Basically he gets on the King’s good side indirectly, by being kind to the squirrels that inhabit their office building

> He’ll often have food for them, and unlike most of the others he tends to let them go where they will without bothering them

> That his office is the one place they don’t poop everywhere seems to indicate appreciation

> And this of course works as a contrast to Wilford, whose one interaction with an animal that we’ve seen was that time he shot a dog, so…yeah

Aaaand odds are he never really bothered with Septiplier. They all knew he wasn’t going to last very long.

So that’s it! Let me know what you think, and please keep in mind this is all just based on a theory, not an attempt at facts. Thanks!

anonymous asked:

do you have any advice about getting your fics read a lot / popular / out there when you don't have a lot of followers on tumblr and ao3?

I started writing umfb with only a handful of followers on both tumblr and AO3 and none of them being YOI fans so trust me when I say it’s perfectly possible to get popular fics even if you have no basis to work from. Although honestly it’s a combination of your own writing, the preferences of the fandom and luck that dictates what gets popular and what doesn’t. 

First things first, you want to make what you write appealing to people to make them want to read it. Think about what someone is going to see on A03 when they look at your fic and if that’s going to make them want to click on it. Tag well, don’t put too many or people wont bother to read them all but tag all the things in your fic that people in fandom want to read so it’s easily searchable for people looking for specific things. Looking at the popular tags page of AO3 can help with this. Also, tag your triggers! If your story has anything potentially triggering like rape, major character death etc then tag them. Those tags are there for a reason and it’s very bad fandom practice not to warn people about potentially triggering material. 

Next, think about your summary. It needs to draw attention, people want to know what they’re getting into when they read a fic so don’t make it super vague or people wont bother but leave an air of mystery about the story to draw people in. Just enough information to make it clear what the story is about but enough intrigue to make people want to click on your story (summaries are the hardest part of writing for me so this can be a very difficult one!). Also, don’t degrade yourself in the summary or the tags. If you say something like ‘this sucks but read it anyway’ or ‘I suck at summaries but it’s good I promise’ or even ‘my first ever fanfic’, it’ll put people off straight away. It makes you not sound confident in your work and if you’re not confident in it then other people wont be either.  

Once you’ve got your front page worked out, let’s think about the fic itself. The first thing that that will immediately make me exit out of a fic is no paragraph breaks. You need to present the story well so it’s easy to read or the likelihood is that people wont bother. Also, your first paragraph is really, really important. Your first line even more so. Think about what someone who has never read you fic before will see when they start reading and if it is gripping enough to make them stay. Your first line should hook the reader in and your first paragraph should make them want to know more. If it’s boring them might click out and go onto something else. There’s no set rules for what your first paragraph needs to be about but if you’re giving an in depth description of a character’s clothing or telling the reader all about the colour of their hair people might get bored and not bother to read further. Make it snappy, make it interesting, make people want to know more. 

The rest of your first chapter (assuming we are talking about multichapters here) can be whatever you want to be but remember that you want people to subscribe. There is nothing wrong with short chapters but something has to happen in your first chapter to make people care enough to be willing to wait for the next part. It doesn’t need to be anything big or game changing but there needs to be some element of suspense at the end to make people want to know what happens next. If the entire first chapter is just world building and nothing happens to any of the characters or the plot doesn’t move at all, some people might be put off. However, a lot of this depends on the quality of the writing, some writers can pull of something completely against everything I’ve just said and that’s brilliant. But as a general rule of thumb for getting started this is what I’ve seen to work more often than not. 

Finally, post at a good time. I’m not the best person to ask about posting times but if you google the best time to post on AO3 some people have come up with really good summaries of when the traffic is high or not. Sometimes posting in high traffic is good because there are more readers, sometimes it’s bad because your fic might get lots in the flood. Honestly it’s all just a gamble. 

Apart from that, the rest is pretty much up to you and the quality of your writing, fandom preferences and luck. If you write a popular trope more people will read it as opposed to something niche. It doesn’t mean your writing is any less quality but sometimes people just don’t want to read about certain things even if you want to write about them and there’s nothing you can do to change that. And the other part is luck. I’ve read some truly fantastic fics in previous fandoms that have very little recognition and some ones that I personally dislike but everyone else seems to love. Luck does play a huge part in whether your fic gets read or not, it’s just an unfortunate fact of fandom. 

And finally, this is not going to be helpful advice for YOI since it is now very established but if your main goal is popularity, write fast and write early. The newer a fandom is the more interest there is and the less fics are out there so the more people will read what there already is. I started writing umfb when YOI was still coming out because interest was very high and there were no rivals fics out there yet which meant I could write for a popular trope that currently had no competition. The bigger a fandom is, the harder it is to get recognized. That is absolutely not saying that you shouldn’t write for big fandoms! Every fic is a gift and there is no such thing as too much fanfic, especially when there is long waits between official content being produced. But don’t beat yourself up if your fic isn’t as popular as the big fics out there on the first page. I guarantee you most of them will have been started being written early on in the fandom  which means those writers were writing in completely different circumstances than you. Plus popularity is entirely subjective. Although it’s going to sound completely ironic coming from me, I’ve never actually been in a fandom where my favourite fic is the most popular one. Everyone likes different things, everyone writes about different things and even if your fic isn’t the most popular one out there it doesn’t mean that people wont love it. Just write what you want to write and remember, there is no-one who can write your fic like you can!  

Shipped- Tyler Seguin

Originally posted by brosillustrated

Ok so I’m old. We’ve established that. So I don’t know what a social media person is, but I know what a YouTuber is so I hope it’s similar anon? If this isn’t what you want, please let me know! Enjoy guys!

Warning: Tyler Seguin is a warning ok?

Anon Request: If it’s not too much to ask, can i request an imagine where she’s a famous social media person and she posts a pic of her and tyler seguin together. It’s cute and all and fans are all “omg i ship you guys!!” Hahaha hope that made sense??? Thank you!! :)

~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/

              You never expected to be this YouTube famous.

Keep reading

anonymous asked:

Hey, if you're still taking promts, could you maybe turn this meme into a supercat fic? Person A: I'm off to that meeting / Person B: Forget something? / Person A: Yes! *kisses Person B* / Person B: I meant your pen [whispers] but thank you

(I have only seen the one where it’s with the boss and since that’s been going around as the new supercat thing, I figured it would work)

Bent over the coffee table, staring at spreads and making notes, Kara was hard at work. Cat had asked her to figure out what seemed off about it and now she was digging through every word, every straight edge angle of the pictures, and every note that Cat had already made in order to try and make her boss satisfied with the layout. She jotted down notes with her red pen, the one she always used when editing anything.

Cat walked into the office, having just come back from a meeting with some builders to clean up the latest of the evil ex-employee messes. Thankfully it was yet another one that Supergirl had been around to take care of. She walked past Kara on her couch and went to her desk, opening her laptop and fingers starting to click on the keys.

Kara looked up, somehow having not heard her boss walk back into the room. “Ms. Grant, how is the construction coming along? Were they able to get the Supergirl sized hole in the conference room fixed yet?”

Cat looked up at Kara over her laptop, glasses gripping tight just below the bridge of her nose. There was no more pretending between them; Kara had finally come clean. But when at work, Cat had promised to pretend she didn’t know that the city’s superhero was on her payroll. “Yes, thankfully. Just a few more holes to plug with spackle and tomorrow a fresh coat of paint will make the whole mess vanish.”

Kara smiled and nodded. “Good. You know, I’m sure Supergirl would be more than happy to pay for it if you asked.”

Cat sighed. “I already told you, Kara, Supergirl has saved my life enough times that she doesn’t deserve to get slapped with the bill. Besides, I started a Superhero damage insurance fund for CatCo.”

Kara couldn’t help but laugh a bit. “Maybe you should offer that to people who subscribe to The Tribune for a year.” She was kidding but Kara’s face fell from the laugh when she saw the wheels turning in her boss’s head. “Ms. Grant I was totally kidding.”

Cat shrugged then looked down at the clock. “It’s five o’clock, by the way.”

Kara looked at her watch and sighed. “Damn it, I’m late for the meeting.” When Cat raised her eyebrow, Kara shrugged. “Nothing important. Just my side job.” She stood, packing up her things and bringing the layout over to Cat. “I found a few other errors but I’m not sure if I figured out what was bugging you. I could take another look at it tomorrow if you would like.”

Cat waived her hand dismissively. “No, no. I’m just being a pain. I’m sure you did a perfect job as always.” She took the layout and shoved it into her bag. “I’ll just take them home and give them one last look before Olsen can have them back.”

Kara smiled. “Okay, well, I’ll see you tomorrow morning.” She rounded the couch and stopped when she heard Cat clearing her throat. “Yes?”

Cat pulled off her glasses, eyes quickly shifting to the coffee table and back. “Forget something?”

Kara’s eyes went wide. “Oh, yes!” She walked over to Cat and leaned down, kissing her forehead. “I’ll call you when I’m home from my extra curricular activities.”

Cat blushed and quickly glanced outside of her office, relieved to see no one there. “I meant your pen.” She then looked up at Kara and smiled, whispering, “But thank you.”

youtube

When you get back in the saddle, yelling like a nadle.

can someone please explain to me why pj liguori doesnt have at least a million subs yet?? he’s been on youtube 8 years, all 8 of those years were spent making creative, original and funny content including some of the coolest characters, skits and stories ive ever seen??? everyone subscribe to kickthepj rn??

kimpalonen  asked:

Hello Aunt Jillie. Recently, I've encountered a few insanely weird, self proclaimed goths arguing that goth isn't a lifestyle (apparantly it's JUST a subculture) and that you shouldn't be goth outside of clubs and your personal life and that living as a goth in the sense that it's a lifestyle means you're stupid, insecure, immature and unprofessional. I feel I need for a second opinion on the matter.

I’m sorry, what? WHAT?!

Well, those people are certainly entitled to their opinions. But in MY opinion (and, I suspect, the opinion of many, many other goths), those people are terribly wrong. So wrong, in fact, that I’m having difficulty wrapping my brain around what they mean. Do they think that unless you’re in your home, at a club, or at an event that you shouldn’t show any indication of your goth inclinations? That, in a way, goth is a costume you put on? How terribly … restricting. And sad.

Also, I am very, very suspicious of people who subscribe to the idea that showing your gothy inclinations somehow marks you as stupid, insecure, immature, and unprofessional. Because, again, they’re wrong. Because if they think that individuals should be like everyone else, and that no one should step outside of narrow, homogeneous boxes in public life, then these self-proclaimed goths are rather missing the point. Life, differences, and individuality are to be embraced and celebrated, not treated as something to be kept under wraps.

AO3 Feedback Hacks

Authors like positive feedback. (The post will get less obvious, I promise. And there are pictures to help make things clear. Behold my elementary Paint skills!)

However, some people don’t want to leave traces on themselves reading fanfic online. I also know some people don’t want to kudos something under their account. I admit I used to feel the same way about kudosing some fics, usually because it’s a super hot, super filthy fic. (Thank you, authors!)

But there are multiple ways you can leave the author positive feedback, with and without an AO3 account, and most of them only involve ticking a box!

Things you can do with or without an AO3 account:

Leave anonymous kudos: It takes five seconds to log out and hit kudos. And the author will get an email (if they have it set up) saying that a guest left kudos.

Leave an anonymous comment: You can leave a comment logged out, too. I know, because my mom comments on my fanfic from time to time and (as far as I know) she doesn’t have an account.* Just don’t be a dickhead. Because you’re not a dickhead, right? Yeah.

Things you can do with an AO3 account:

Anonymously bookmark something: If you like a fic enough to bookmark it for…reasons, you can make the bookmark private just by ticking a box. You will be able to access your bookmark (it will have a lock icon in your bookmarks), but it won’t be counted as a public bookmark and nobody else will see it.

So why do that? Well, so you can access it, but also, in the statistics section of their account, the author will see the number of bookmarks is higher. For example, the public bookmarks count on one of my fics is 13, but when I go into statistics, it’s 22. So I know nine people have privately bookmarked that.

I don’t know if they bookmarked it because they hated it or loved it, but I’m going to assume they liked it. So thank you, strangers I don’t know and can’t see the names of.

Publicly (yes, this is the only public thing on this list) rec a fic you bookmark: If you really like a fic and are willing to have a public bookmark that shows under your account, you can also hit the rec button (it will have a heart icon in your bookmarks). It will show up when people search for recs. (If you mark it private and a rec, it defaults to private and nobody sees the rec.)

Subscribe to an author’s work; it’s anonymous: Finally, if you like an author’s work, you can subscribe to them. Subscriptions are public to nobody. But authors can see the number of people who subscribe to us, and that can feel good. It’s knowing you like us enough to check out our newest work.

Note, if you subscribe to a completed fic, you’re not subscribing to the author, and you’ll only be notified if they do something substantial to that work. If it’s a completed work, they’re probably not going to change it. Maybe you actually meant to subscribe to the author? (If it’s a WIP, hell yes, subscribe to that work, and you’ll be notified when it updates.)

Now, subscribing isn’t super intuitive. If you hit subscribe at the top of a fic, it subscribes to that fic. You need to click on the author’s name to subscribe to the author. (I checked with this author, and she said I could use her as an example. Thank you!)

Look at all of these easy ways you can give the author positive feedback!

* But nothing with more than two people; if she’s reading my mutipartner fics, she’s not telling me. Thanks, Mom.