SB (@AlreadyKnow_SB) is giving you all a snippet of new song “Brand New Shxt” Thursday off his new mixtape “Scheme University 3” part of the #SUmixtape collections that can be found on Hotnewhiphop.com ( @hotnewhiphop ). Don’t for get the concert “Trapperz Delight” @ArtUndrPressure April 14th #Swagg
Okay, so since su3 is gone and we can talk about this politely now - what is going on with MIRI’s research output?
Explanations I won’t accept - MIRI isn’t hardworking (I’ve seen them, they are), MIRI isn’t smart or well-credentialed enough (they’ve hired a lot of math PhDs, former math professors, etc, all of whom have written good papers on their original subjects), MIRI is a scam (come on…)
Explanations that seem plausible:
1. MIRI are among the only people addressing a complicated problem and aren’t sure where to start.
2. People who said their research output was unusually low were comparing apples to oranges in some way or another.
3. MIRI feels like publishing their results is a waste of their time, they’re happy enough to just have them and share them privately with the relevant people.
4. There’s been some kind of delay in getting publications but it will start happening any time now.
5. Everyone else optimizes for publish-or-perish least-publishable-unit type of things and MIRI doesn’t do that, so they unfairly look like slackers.
Note that this isn’t an attempt to justify/apologize for MIRI or an attempt to attack it, it’s me trying to figure out something that doesn’t seem to fit given what I know.
@nothingismere, @yudkowsky, any thoughts? If this conversation gets interesting enough I’ll try to get info from Nate too.
If you are comfortable with your French abilities, why not take this little test?
Conjugate the following verbs for the correct noun and tense!
1. Imparfait – Je – Être 2. Passé Composé – Nous – Savoir 3. Subjunctive – Ils – Avoir 4. Future Simple – Tu - Connaître 5. Present – Finir – Vous 6. Future Proche – Il – Aller 7. Conditional – Nous – Correspondre 8. Imparfait – Vous – Vouloir 9. Passé Composé – Tu – Partir 10. Subjunctive – Je – Être 11. Future Simple – Nous – Utiliser 12. Present – Ils – Venir 13. Future Proche – Tu - Avoir 14. Conditional – Vous – Devoir 15. Imparfait – Je – Aller 16. Passé Composé – Nous – Descendre 17. Subjunctive – Tu – Devenir 18. Future Simple – Ils – Recevoir 19. Present – Il – Acheter 20. Future Proche – Vous – Naître 21. Conditional – Tu – Vendre