Journey To The South: packing for my Sydney visit
With naught to do over the fleeting semester break, I shall journey to Sydney for something of a respite from Queensland over the next week. I begrudgingly admit that there are particulars within Brisbane’s cityscape that agree with me. However, for the most part I long to do some traveling around Australia’s truly great metropolises before my time studying in this strange (yet beautiful) country is at an end.
While in NSW I shall endeavor to visit all the familiar #menswear temples - Incu, Capsule, and Inventory to name a few - but the main purpose of my pilgrimage is to finally stand within the sanguine halls of patrickjohnsontailors for a long overdue meeting with an esteemed establishment. Let the record show I shamelessly declared it “Australia’s best menswear store” not more than a year ago, an opinion that holds fast to this day.
Here’s what yours truly is lugging all the way south in an effort to brave the cold:
- Suitsupply ‘beater’ suit in navy herringbone (S110 VBC)
- LBM 1911 cotton blazer (3 patch pockets, surprisingly versatile even in the winter)
- Drumohr flecked rollneck (42% cashmere/58% wool mix)
- Knit ties (Drakes wool/Knottery NYC silk)
- MP di Massimo Piombo shirt (semi-spread collar w/ medium stripe detail)
- Club Monaco 6 oz. foulard
- Club Monaco knit wool bomber
- Todd Snyder x CHAMPION sweatshirt (for running around museums & galleries in)
- Meermin MTO austerity brogue
- Adidas Stan Smiths (the ROTM kind, nothing fancy)
- Club Monaco sweatpants (for cosyboy feels)
A large volume of content involving acquisitions made in Sydney will be forthcoming early next month but be sure to follow along on my Instagram if you’re interested in seeing aerial views of espresso cups. That sounded far less sardonic than I’d like.