If you want to slowly transition your wardrobe to get Betty’s style, try these tips!
* Pastels, pastels, pastels! Betty is portrayed as “The Girl Next Door”. The innocent, good girl. Her wardrobe consists of tops/sweaters filled with pastels, mainly shades of blues and pinks. If you’re up for a change one day, switch to a light shade of red or mustard yellow.
* Wear your camisoles and tank tops under cute cardigans.
* Betty can be seen wearing a pair of brown/taupe ankle boots in a few episodes along with some grey converse. Invest in boots that are comfy and durable and wear them when you are more “dressed up” (e.g. a nice camisole or blouse paired with a cardigan) and wear your simple shoes, like converse or keds, on days when you are dressed more relaxed and comfy (e.g. wearing a sweater).
* When it comes to bags, keep in mind Betty is more on the girly side. In the show she can be seen carrying around a floral light blue backpack. If you’re going for solid colors, go for light pinks and blues (maybe white) and for printed patterns, floral is your go to but polka dots will suffice.
* Keep the jewelry simple. Never wear over the top necklaces or earrings. Simple pendant necklaces and stud earrings are prominent throughout Betty’s wardrobe.
* Keep in mind Betty’s style is simple and comfy yet classy.
* Everytime you pick something off the rack/shelf, ask yourself: Is it something you can see Betty wear?
Where can you find brands/stores selling Betty-inspired clothing?