I'm gonna get a lot of shit for this...
People have been giving YandereDev crap about a number of things but I think this is worth mentioning from my point of view.
Now I’m a feminist and I strongly believe in the rights of gender equality and empowerment of women but these accusations that are being directed toward YandereDev are way too overstated.
Let’s go over them:
1. “YandereDev is a pedophile”/“accepted nudes from a minor”. We were not present during this time and did not see what happened. From what he described, this young woman sent him (and others) these images on her own. You could argue that this is “accepted” because he probably saw them, but that would that every message we all receive is accepted. In my teenage years, I was sent quite a few indecent images from boys my age. I never asked for them nor wanted to see them but they were sent and I saw them. With the logic that you guys are using, I, along with other girls who have been sent these images must have “accepted” them as well.
He said that pedophilia is a disorder, an illness. It’s true that pedophiles idealize being in an intimate relationship with children, which is impossible. Unfortunately, pedophiles find themselves naturally attracted to children and at the moment there is no cure for that. Pedophiles and child rapists are two different things though. One idealizes and the other attacks. Don’t get me wrong, I would keep my child from a pedophile at all costs and I think it’s disgusting that they have that interest. YandereDev was stating that they are people as well but acknowledge that there is indeed something wrong with them, which I agree.
2. “YandereDev is a pervert/lolicon”. Have you noticed most gamers guys like cute girls with big boobs in revealing outfits? YandereDev is no exception. The guys I go to school with and even those older than Alex have that liking for cute girls with large breasts. Surely, you have an cousin or older brother who likes the innocent look that an anime girl has and enjoys seeing some cleavage. It’s sex appeal and guys like it. Lolis are often associated with Moe. Moe is when you have a girl with breasts but she looks super adorable. A lot of these girls are referred to as “lolis”. I have some really good guy friends who love “lolis”. They like that innocent but sexy look these anime girls have on them which is a major turn on for many.
Us girls even like seeing an anime boy in a revealing outfit or looking sexy. Seeing them in a small swimsuit would probably get us excited as well. The same thing goes for anime girls in tiny bikinis. By the way, I read the article and he just talked about the DLC. I didn’t see anything that would raise an eyebrow to me.
3. “YandereDev is lazy and does other things”. Have you ever had a job? I have. Sometimes, you wanna take breaks and he’s mentioned that when he takes the time to play another game or watch an anime, he feels guilty. He doesn’t lie about it, he admits it and is a human being. He’s a gamer and anime lover, don’t expect him to be a robot who works 24/7. With each update that comes out, they’re all promising and amazing. He lives up to his word. I also watched his April video, he put that he was going to be playing dark souls for one of those days and yet you go complain about it, saying he didn’t say anything. I have Unity and programming shit into that is tedious as fuck. Knowing what he can come up with in two weeks is proof that he spends a shit load of time on that game.
Have you noticed he stopped writing articles in late 2015 when he started focusing the majority of his time on Yandere Simulator? As for his fanfiction account, it hasn’t been updated since 2012. And don’t pretend that you’re innocent and that he’s a bad guy for writing certain types of fanfiction. Those in particular were written around 2006. He was 17-18 years-old at that time. My brother is the same age as YandereDev and I can say for certain that boys that age are ignorant and pretty mischievous. You can’t hold something against someone for what they did in their teen years. Teens are stupid. They make stupid decisions. I was one of them when I got an account on this website, you’ll all look back one day and cringe.
4. “YandereDev takes credit for everything”. If you ask him about the models, he will state specifically that he did not make them and link you to where he got them. There are articles where he’s been interviewed and states that he has not made them. He gives credit to his volunteers and has been in the gaming business. The latter is an explanation on why he doesn’t credit them in game yet (aside from very recently) It’s a sandbox build and currently things are constantly subjected to change. To constantly update the credits would take up time.
5. “YandereDev is a racist/makes fun of people with English disabilities”. News flash: the game takes place in Japan. Japanese people have light skin. As for the coach, stereotypical coaches in anime have tanned skin. Why? Because they’re in the sun a lot. And Bro, when you type English that bad and yell at someone for killing a fictional character, you’re gonna get quoted. It’s funny how it’s worded and it’s something to get a laugh out of. Like you don’t make fun of people who disagree with you on the Internet publicly or privately.
6. “YandereDev is mean and rude”. He’s human. I won’t lie, I don’t have a lot of patience either. Being spoken to or being asked stupid questions tips me off as well. It stresses me out and sometimes I’ll say some pretty rude things. When you work constantly like he does, you get stressed and lose a lot of patience. People on this site drive me crazy as well. You don’t know him personally, he could be nice but strict. I can come off as rude too when I’m annoyed. Has for the instance where he talked about his idol and bad mouthed him, he lived up to it and addressed his wrong doings. He’s mature for a guy around 27. Most guys that age are childish and don’t admit their wrongdoings.
7. “Where’s proof/YandereDev doesn’t have screenshots/he has misinformation on his blog”. Does he have to? Do I have to screenshot pictures of indecent texts that boys have sent me in order to prove that I’ve gotten them? Do I need to show a birth certificate that proves I have a brother YandereDev’s age? You don’t have to believe him but he’s sharing his side of the story. As for the blog, how many of you have written an essay and accidentally misread something from one of your sources? That happens. Humans do that.
Honestly, there are people like YandereDev everywhere and you and I have met them. Just because he’s working on a game doesn’t make him a special case. You all can’t keep judging people and getting offended by everything. That’s a problem with people these days. He hasn’t hurt anyone physically and he’s not any different from any other gamer guy you’ve all seen.
That is all. Take this post seriously or not. It’s your choice.EDIT: Because there are still people who still get offended by everything and believe every tiny thing they hear, there’s now a part 2: http://akarui-sakura.tumblr.com/post/144433311035/im-gonna-get-a-lot-of-shit-for-this-part-2