I will give you cookies and this puppy if you tell us about the List of Twenty Reasons Peggy Carter Is in Charge.
literally eight of you have asked for this so. i will write down as much of the List as i can remember. i might miss a few, its been a long time. the original list was added to by all of us howlies over a long while. its all written down in one of steves sketchbooks somewhere.
Twenty Reasons Peggy Carter Is In Charge:
1. because otherwise steve probably would have walked to austria. and probably he would have gotten lost. and all of us would have died.
2. because somebody needs to class up this unit, and none of us are doing it.
3. because shes the one with the intel.
4. because we do what steve says, and steve does what peggy says. except when steve says something stupid, then we just do what peggy says.
5. because she starts the best barfights.
6. because none of us know how to requisition gear and we might run out of bullets or starve without her.
7. because steve looks terrible in a red dress and heels.
8. because her plans usually end with nazis exploding, which is nice.
9. because she would kick all our asses if we got ourselves killed without her.
10. because who else will find people to fly us to terrifying new places to do terrifying new things.
11. because shes the only one who got out of the Cat-Raccoon Incident unscathed.
12. because she can drink all of us but steve under the table
13. and look good doing it too.
14. because none of us can do sneaky.
15. because the last time they let us talk to the reporters without her, dumdum punched one.
16. because somehow she always finds good coffee.
17. because she has the best accent.
18. because she’ll put up with all of us.
19. because she’d beat every last one of us in a fight.
20. because she said so. and none of us are dumb enough to disagree with peggy carter.
Anonymous said to buckykingofmemes: Ok but talking about salsa and swing I gotta ask if Steve’s done any dance sketches, it is in my contract as a social dance nerd
steve actually has a ton of dance sketches. he used to come with me when i wanted to go dancing and use it as life drawing practice. said it helped him get the unusual poses better.
anyway, this sketch is a really old one, from back before the war. that lovely lady im dancing with is my baby sister becca. becca and i used to do swing competitions together, and we were an unstoppable team, since we’d been dancing together since before she could walk. we danced with other people a lot, but when it came to competitions becca and i were pure magic. i was a pretty big guy and she was always tiny, so i could whip her through steps and lifts like lightning. and she always trusted me to catch her, since id been tossing her in the air for as long as she could remember, and never once let her drop. the two of us would invent lifts nobody else in brooklyn would dare to try.
sometimes we roped stevie into helping, because he wasnt much bigger than becca, and we didnt have mirrors to practice with. so if we wanted to see how a move looked, we’d teach stevie becca’s lift and she’d watch and figure out what needed changing. steve had no rhythm at all, but he was usually game for the lifts. later, in the star spangled show, they tried to make use of some of those, but he still didnt have the steps down, so it never worked out.
after i got drafted, becca kept dancing. by the time she was thirty, she held the title of brooklyns longest-running swing queen, with fifteen consecutive wins.