The 「Junji Ito “Collection"」 anime will premiere on Tokyo MX on Sunday, January 7 at 10:00 p.m.
Director and character designer Shinobu Tagashira illustrated this key visual. It shows six characters from Ito’s works:
- Fuchi ("Fashion Model”)
- Tohru Oshikiri (“Oshikiri Idan”)
- Tomie (Tomie series)
- Soichi (“Soichi” series)
- Handsome Man at the Crossroads (“Shibito no Koiwazurai”)
- Yuko (“Namekuji Shojo”)
The anime will adapt stories from both the 11-volume Ito Junji Kessaku-shu (Junji Ito Masterpiece Collection) series and the Fragments of Horror book. The site has still not revealed which stories will be adapted, and noted that the characters in the key visual may or may not appear in the anime. The staff will not reveal story information prior to the show’s broadcast so that viewers will be surprised.
- Tagashira (Diabolik Lovers) is directing the anime and serving as the character designer at Studio DEEN.
- Kaoru Sawada (Diamond Daydreams) is writing the scripts.
- Hozumi Goda (Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni Kai) is serving as sound director.
- Yuuki Hayashi (My Hero Academia) is composing the music.
…in the way the flame on his forehead flickers. Still pulsing, earnest and yearning. Still sending out that staccato message, like an SOS in Morse code. I’m here. I’m here.
Come home, come home.
- mochida kensuke, chapter 11, (and maybe) we are;
no halo hat, because that’s post-canon. just koi patterned battle gear P:
the gif shows basically tsuna’s Default Dying Will State. it’s always flickering like that, hint nudge. reborn is just the only one presently who would recognize it for what it is and describe it properly, but 1) the first time he saw tsuna’s flame was during the harmonization process where he probably passed off the wild flickering as just Normal Harmony Procedure, and 2) the second time is in ch14 in which i kind of glossed over it because he had maybe 1.5 seconds before he was socked in the face.
but ye. whenever tsuna’s forehead goes on fire it flickers like this because he’s basically in constant full body Zero Point Breakthrough Revised mode. very unstable flame.