1. What is your instrument’s full name?
2. When did you get your instrument?
3. What brand and model is it?
4. Is it a he, she, or somewhere in between?
5. What made you choose that instrument?
6. Favourite thing about your instrument?
7. Least favourite thing about your instrument?
8. What accent would your instrument have if it could talk?
9. Three adjectives to describe your instrument’s personality.
10. What classical song best describes your instrument?
11. What non classical song best describes your instrument?
12. Finish this sentence: “my instrument and I are like______”
13. Why did you name your instrument that?
14. What is your instrument’s aesthetic?
15. If your instrument could go shopping at the mall, where would it shop?
16. What musical era best suits your instrument?
17. What is the most damage that has been done to your instrument?
18. Write a letter to your instrument!
19. If your instrument was a character on “The Office”, who would they be?
20. What similarities do you and your instrument share?
Find a way that works for you in regards to school supplies and organizational methods. Some common ones include a folder for each class, a binder for each class, a notebook for each class, etc. Once you’ve found this system, and you’ve seen concrete evidence that it is effective (i.e. increased scores, less stress, etc) DO NOT CHANGE THE SYSTEM! The fact that the system is working is proof that you should continue what you’re doing!
Use a planner! Use a planner! Use a planner!
I can NOT stress enough the necessity to use a planner. Rely on the planner as if it is your own first born child, and your lifeblood. Planning is essential to staying on track with assignments and turning things in on time. Without them, you’re sure to not succeed.
Have a clean space
If your study space is not clean, then your thoughts will be as cluttered as the space is. Cleaning your study space will assist you in filtering out your schedule, and determining what needs to be done versus what will be done later. Filtering like this assists in the organizational process.
Keep your physical and mental health the main priority
There is absolutely, positively NO WAY to become organized if your physical and mental health are slacking. Your personal self needs to be prioritized over any assignment, ALWAYS. This is the key to success.
Many avid and dedicated studiers, especially within the studyblr community, work consistently with little to no breaks. I am here to discourage this as much as humanly possible. Taking breaks is essential to proper functioning and to excelling in academics. Normalize them, take them, and love them.
Originally designed for students, can be used with family members or friends who need that little nudge to think about things. It doesn’t cause a fundamental shift in views, simply makes the mind more able to think about new ideas and suggestions without bias.
Yesterday there were these guys in a van in my school’s courtyard giving random students free “hot chocolate”. I refused when they gave me a cup, although my friend took a sip. Turned out it was just hot water with a little chocolate powder on top. When we asked about it, our teacher said they were the school’s sponsors.