once my private instructor actually said to me “don’t let poor students play oboe or bassoon. They’ll never be any good because they won’t be able to afford reeds, lessons, or good instruments, and you’ll be wasting your time even if they can pay you for lessons.”
so I’ve made a point to give my students handmade reeds for free and I loan them books that I buy and I will never call a poor student a waste of my time because they are not.
She was met by a group of 250 students from CMC and neighboring colleges. The protesters chanted slogans of “Black Lives Matter” and eventually shut down the talk.
Students involved in the protest now say that the school’s administration is threatening to prevent them from walking at graduation on May 13 and withholding their transcripts for violating the school’s code of conduct. Read more (5/11/17)
Student 1: "Are you sure you like girls? Are you sure it's not just a phase?" Student 2: "No I'm not sure. It's a Thursday and I'm not sure of anything on Thursdays. Only fools who want to get taken are sure on Thursdays. It's why not a single professor will schedule an exam on Thursdays. So, are you sure you want to ask that question?"
oh thursdays we wear c r u s h i n g u n c e r t a i n t y
1. What is your instrument’s full name?
2. When did you get your instrument?
3. What brand and model is it?
4. Is it a he, she, or somewhere in between?
5. What made you choose that instrument?
6. Favourite thing about your instrument?
7. Least favourite thing about your instrument?
8. What accent would your instrument have if it could talk?
9. Three adjectives to describe your instrument’s personality.
10. What classical song best describes your instrument?
11. What non classical song best describes your instrument?
12. Finish this sentence: “my instrument and I are like______”
13. Why did you name your instrument that?
14. What is your instrument’s aesthetic?
15. If your instrument could go shopping at the mall, where would it shop?
16. What musical era best suits your instrument?
17. What is the most damage that has been done to your instrument?
18. Write a letter to your instrument!
19. If your instrument was a character on “The Office”, who would they be?
20. What similarities do you and your instrument share?
A Republican Oklahoma lawmaker is being hotly criticized after proposing the state cut spending by rounding up its 82,000 non-English-speaking students and turning them over to U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
Republican Rep. Mike Ritze is also being criticized by members of his own party for suggesting Oklahoma isn’t obligated to provide an education to undocumented immigrants.
The state is facing a $900 million budget gap and Ritze told local CBS affiliate KWTV that turning the kids over to ICE could save $60 million.
“Identify them and then turn them over to ICE to see if they truly are citizens,” Ritze said in a Wednesday news segment, adding, “Do we have to really educate non-citizens?” Actually, yes, you do.
In its 1982 Plyler v. Doe decision, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled states can’t deny students a free public education based on their immigration status, according to the Washington Post. Read more (5/12/17)