OK so imagine Steve and Bucky dating, it would involve:
• Steve drawing for Bucky because even though he’s a soldier now he’s still an artist at heart.
• Bucky being overprotective of Steve because even though Steve’s strong enough to take care of himself now, he still remembers what it was like before Steve had the serum and Bucky had to save him from getting beaten up in back alleys.
• Steve getting jealous when Bucky playfully flirts with other people, followed by Bucky kissing him gently and telling him that Steve is the only person he wants really.
• Bucky comforting Steve when Steve has a nightmare about the ice.
• Steve comforting Bucky when Bucky has a nightmare about the ice.
• Bucky hugging Steve gently whenever they part ways, telling him not to do anything stupid until he gets back.
• Super-powered super-soldier sex.
• Little smiles when they do stuff like kiss and hold hands in public because this would never have been accepted back in the 1940s and they’re so thankful that they are lucky enough to be alive now, in 2017, when they can be open about their love.
• Bucky still forcing Steve to go on the scariest rides at theme parks, and holding his hand all the way through.
I’m not saying it would be the greatest thing ever, but it would kinda be the greatest thing ever…
You don’t necessarily ship two characters together, but you appreciate the fanart and fanfiction made by the people who do and you have to admit people do a really good job of making the ship seem plausible.
Characters: Steve Rogers x Female Reader x Bucky Barnes
Word Count: 1267
Warnings: polyamorous relationship, explicit language, explicit sexual content, upset Bucky,
Author’s Notes: This part is based on two different requests that I combined into one: 1) I have an idea for the “two for one” series where Steve and Bucky go through a really fluffy and sweet aftercare routine with reader after things get aggressively steamy (yanno bc they’re these big, beefy super soldiers and y/n is only human. Sex is bound to take quite a toll on her). Maybe Bucky notices a bruise on her hip from his metal arm and freaks out a little with shame and concern but reader reassures him it’s ok AND 2) the reader gets hurt during sex and the guys freak out and try to make it better? maybe she has bruises or something?
***My work is not to be posted on any other sites (AO3, Wattpad, etc.) without my express written permission. Reblogs are fine.***
What better way to celebrate Steve’s birthday than with a Stucky Fandom Classics fic rec? :DDD (Edit: ok. I’m late. But I started it on July 4th so it counts!). I also made this list because it was requested a few times in my ask box.
Disclaimer: there’s no official criteria to qualify what constitutes a “Classic” or not. Of course, kudos and hits on ao3 count for a lot to determine a fic’s popularity, but not necessarily its quality. Although again, quality is subjective! So TDLR: take this list with a grain of salt :)
Without further ado, here are some Classic Stucky fanfics! :D
In 1947, Master Sergeant James B. Barnes’s surviving field journals were posthumously published as the classic war memoir The Night War. Now a high school history classroom mainstay and required reading at West Point, this highly anticipated 60th Anniversary Edition presents the original, unedited text alongside detailed historical notes that provide important context to the extraordinary wartime heroics of Captain America and the Howling Commandos.
I was going through all the Stucky fics by kudos and I gave up on finding this one on page 30. What the hell guys? Do you know what masterpiece you’re all sleeping on?!? I’ll keep saying it, this fic is so goddamn underrated, at least in numbers. Everyone who’s read it has probably fallen in love with it. This is pretty much the ultimate canon fic, and that’s why it’s a classic to me.