Storm Witch (Strega)
"You said you likes Storms. So I let you in. Turns out you can only handle a little rain, and I am a hurricane."
- Medium to dark blues; gray-blues
- Off-black and dark grays
- Medium and Light Gray
- Brighter Blues
- Whites/Very Light Grays
- Yellow and Yellow-oranges (Think Lightning; Storms at sunset)
- Neon blue, yellow, salmon (very sparingly- lightning in the night sky)
Metallic Colors (For accents, jewelry, etc)
- Silver, Platinum, other white metals
- Copper & Brass
- Gunmetal and Black
(Don’t go quite as over-sized as some strega fashions. Focus on flow, not bulk- at least for your outer layer).
- Long and/or flowy dresses and skirts. (The better it looks blowing in the wind, the more”stormy” it is).
- Tops with cowl necks
- Long, loose Cardigans
- Hooded shirts/jackets/etc, preferably over-sized
- Cloudy patterns (abstract or literal)
- Gradient patterns
- Muted water or storm/rain prints
- Lacey/crocheted (to break up large swathes of color here and there)
- Cloaks and Capes, preferably hooded
- Layered Jewelry. Include pieces that have drops/dangles that remind you of water, and/or multiple fine chains.
- Chunky stone/glass jewelry with patterns that remind you of storms or cloudy skies. Opals and Moonstone for mist/fog
- Jewelry/Accessories/tiny bells that make a light tinkling sound, reminiscent of rain/water.
- Leggings, Tights, knee-high/boot socks
- Pretty much anything storm/cloud/rain themed
- Rain and Clouds
- Stormy Lakes and Seas
- Water & Storm Magic
- Hurricanes, Tornadoes, and Waterspouts
- Fog & Mist
- Storm Quotes
Stormy Seas Witch: Add teals to your main colors, driftwood and seafoam to your accent colors, gold to metallics. Seaglass and seashell jewelry, ocean/sea motifs, nautical motifs. More tattered textures for a “shipwrecked” look.
I live near Lake Erie, and watching storms roll in is something I’ve enjoyed since childhood. Hence the Storm Witch Style. Suggestions are welcome!