enjolras probably falls into the most dramatic positions while he’s asleep, like marble statue, pre-raphelite, impossibly beautiful, head tilted, arm flung across his brow, lips parted, curls like a halo across the pillow poses.. he’s constantly waking up to grantaire sketching him & by now he’s very used to the first words he hears on waking being “don’t move. stay just like that. ah, you angel.”
He’s in a local band that does open mic nights and house show gigs around town. But even when he’s not physically in front of a drum set, he literally taps beats on everything and air drums when he can’t.
It’s what his fidget patterns boil down to every single time as well.
i just got back from seeing the brazilian production of les mis and here are some of my thoughts on the brazilian enjoltaire:
- grantaire is really sad??? maybe the saddest grantaire i’ve seen?? i don’t really know how to explain it but even in his line in red & black he was more like a sad drunk than a playful drunk.. i thought that was a really interesting portrayal of R
- instead of teasing enj, grantaire was kind of abrupt to him for most of the show and it almost felt like R didn’t trust himself around enjolras
- R quietly nodded along enj’s words quite a few times
- enjolras doesn’t really acknowledge grantaire till the barricade when he hands R the gun
- after eponine’s death, grantaire literally doesn’t take his eyes off enjolras
- in drink with me, when grantaire starts singing his part, enjolras breaks into the most beautiful shiny grin????
- but as soon as enj realizes what grantaire is singing/talking about, his smile disappears
- also during his lines in drink with me, R is throwing stuff around angrily and no one is really being able to stop him
- enj runs up to grantaire and everyone backs off
- grantaire stops and, for the first time during the show, allows himself to get really near enjolras and they hold the most intense and longest eye contact???/)/
- my favorite part about this was that you could really see how much enj cares about grantaire
ok so this is what i gathered from watching les mis brasil tonight. can’t really confirm if this was what the actors were going for… im so far up enjoltaire’s ass i may have read way too much into their actions. buT ANYWAY both the actors who played enjolras and grantaire were AMAZING and they deserve all the love!!!
grantaire is that person who blows into beer bottles to make the loudest sounds and he does it all the time halfway through debates and pretends to be drinking when anyone (enjolras) glares at him for it
ok so has anyone ever considered stage actor enjolras and techie grantaire???
some important points
- grantaire most definitely plans his lighting cues exactly when they make enjolras’ hair glow like a halo
- enjolras always playing the leading man/love interest characters because he’s just so beautiful and has the voice of an angel
- because of all the women that he very convincingly kisses on stage, grantaire is so sure he’s straight
- this doesn’t stop grantaire from flirting with him whenever possible (and most definitely missing sound and light cues because of it)
- when costumer jehan tells grantaire that enj is gay as hell, he couldn’t be happier
- stage manger combeferre is definitely done with all of the pining and shit like come on guys its distracting from the show
- enjolras’ fellow actors cosette, courfeyrac, musichetta, and marius keep trying to tell enj that grantaire likes him, dammit, but enj is having none of it. theres just no way, and besides, itd distract from the show
- the very small pit of éponine, joly, bossuet, montparnasse, and floreal (who i really should talk about more)
- feuilly is the set designer and he builds them with the help of his boyfriend bahorel and they are killing it
- valjean is the director
- no, cosette got in on pure talent
- valjean aint about that favoritism life yes he is