What to do when you get a bad grade
1. Don’t mope around and keep beating yourself up. That will only distract you from your studying, and stop you from doing your best in other subjects.
2. Remember a bad grade is only a bad grade. It doesn’t mean you’re worthless or have failed as a person.
3. Try and find a way to let your feelings out through some kind of physical activity. For example, through running, jogging, or going to the gym.
4. Aim to do better on the next test you have. There will still be other tests where you can get a higher mark. Maybe see it as a wake-up call, and change your study habits.
5. Try and figure out why you received the bad grade. Do you need to study more, or to learn some new techniques? Did you not fully understand the course material? Did you just have a bad day, or were you tired or feeling sick?
6. Get extra help from your teachers if you need it. Most of them are happy to answer students’ questions.
7. Be determined to keep going and to persevere. It’s easier to do well with a good attitude.