DIFFERENCE between MOON and SUN signs
The expression of a sign is much - MUCH -
different depending on the planet it is found. And in my opinion, this
is specially true when it comes to the sun and moon. The Sun is who we
strive to be, while the Moon is what we are most deeply. Sometimes I
even see that the Stereotypical traits of a sign are more evident in the moon than
in the sun sign. The reason I find for this, is that most of us express
ourselves through our feelings, particularly women or people with a
more feminine energy (what I mean by this, has nothing to do with
gender, but that you are in tune with your emotions) or sometimes it has
to do with your dominant planet. Here are the differences and
similarities of the signs placed on the sun or moon.
- Similarities: impatient
- Differences: Sun is more aloof, the Aries sun is more constrained, and composed, looks confident. Moon in Aries has a lot of mental energy, very passionate and changes their mind very easily. The Moon doesn’t know how to direct their energy and might feel restless, while the Sun projects their energy better.
Aries Moon feels everyone is out to get them while the Aries Sun does not. Aries characteristics are more obvious and pronounced in the Aries moon than
the Aries sun.
Similarities: stubbornness and charm, expressive.
- Differences: Taurus
sun are blunt and less careful with other people’s feelings. In this
particular sign, the Taurus sun is easier to spot than the Taurus moon.
The Taurus moon is more grounded than the Taurus sun. Taurus moon is
deep, while the Taurus sun is more shallow.
Taurus moon loves love, and stability, and this quality is less manifested in the Sun.
- Similarities: aloof, absent minded, easily bored
- Differences: Gemini suns want to appear easy-going, but it
isn’t necessarily their true nature. Gemini moons are truly easy-going
people. Sun wants to “be right” know the facts, while Gemini moons are
simply more cynical to guard their emotions. Gemini suns are less witty
(sorry…) than the moon sign.
Similarities: emotional, has pronounced mood swings.
- Differences: Cancer
suns act their feelings, like taking revenge, doing something about it
BUT the cancer moon express their negative emotions through crying or anger.
Cancer suns are easy to spot, while cancer moons may need to feel comfortable to express themselves. The happy go lucky cancer sun is evident, while the Cancer moon is more - way more - serious.
- Similarities: the Ego and the need for compliments
- Differences: The Leo Sun is a poser, they know it too! They are show offs, and while the Leo Moon is pretty damn good at everything, they know it, but will not say it. Will like to hear it, tho. The Leo Moon does not care about their appearance as much as the Leo Sun. The Leo Sun is more patient, annoy them a little, try harder, try again and they will get angry, the Leo Moon is more defensive and will kill you in less tries. The Leo Moon is more loving though, more sure of themselves and way more protective of themselves and especially, of their loved ones.
- Similarities: critical, analyzing
- Differences: I find in this sign the less differences. The Virgo Sun is more shy than the Virgo Moon, which I think goes against popular belief. (I also think this sign differs a lot depending if you are more masculine or feminine, I’ll do a post on that later). The Virgo knows how to live life correctly and will tell you how to lead your life, while being a mess themselves. Both are blunt, but you might have to push the Virgo suns more than the Virgo moons to actually get the real deal.
- Similarities: cares about what others think of them, passive agressive
- Differences: the Libra sign is very misinterpreted, whenever I read about them I hear: “shallow” and while they can be vain because they care what others think about them, they are still deep. They think and are witty people, like their fellow air signs. Libra Sun is more care-free and easy going than the libra moon and less romantic because they want to appear care-free and interested in others, but might not really be interested at all. Libra Moon people are more intense. They are romantic and still vain, but they are more modest and insecure the Suns. They are also secretive something the Libra Sun is not.
Here and in Capricorn is where I PERSONALLY find the most differences
- Similiarities: jealous, egocentric
Differences: if you still think that Scorpio people are the mysterious,
dark, non talkative people that the stereotypes have them for, you
really do not know many Scorpios SUNS. Scorpio SUNS want to be the center of attention and are charming, and talkative. When they get dark is when they don’t like you… Yeah.
Revenge is a big truth here. The Scorpio moon? Now yes, they are the
intense, dark, jealous you always thought Scorpios should be. Scorpio
Suns might be dark at their core but will
not show it, but Scorpio moons are what you see. The Sun is more
reckless because just like I said about cancers, in the sun Scorpio acts
on their feelings and the moons just feels them. So actually, in spite
of being more intense, the Scorpio Moon tends to be kinder and still
- Similarities: EXPLORERS and thin skin
- Differences: The Sun has a bigger heart. The moon since its the realm of emotions and Sag escapes, is less empathetic. The Sagittarius Sun is more bubbly than the moon, but the moon is more playful. The Sag sun is pretty easy to spot while the Sag moon might be one of the hardest to see. Sagittarius moons are more critical and snap easily. They are more blunt than the sun. Both are childish in way, it’s the Sag youthful spirit. The Sagittarius Sun is more philosophical and aware, the sag moon is more care-free.
- Similarities: confident and ambitious!
Are you kidding me? Capricorn suns are way way less introvert! They are not as reserved! The thing is, the Suns try to keep their feelings in check but the
Moon though, is naturally hiding them. It’s what they instinctively do
since the Moon represents the emotions. The Capricorn sun has a more
loud confidence, while the Moon is more cautious.
The Capricorn Sun might not be hardworking in areas that do not interest them, but if they want something, they will make everyone know they are going to get it. The Capricorn Moon are prudent and will get what they want with discipline and with anyone realizing how they got to the top! They do not need to say it, they will show you. The Moon is colder than the Sun and more intimidating. Way more intimidating.
- Similarities: I see not much resemblance in these two, maybe the aloofness and Idgaf attitude.
If I had to say who is the two face of the zodiac I would not turn to the Gemini, surprisingly enough. The Aquarius Sun tho,
they are volatile. In the Sun I have trouble understanding them and in
the moon they are obvious! The Aquarius Sun looks confident and
detached, but this might not be their true emotional nature, just a disguise.
They can be happy one moment and angry the next, loving for one second,
pushing you away after because of this fighting against what their
inner feelings are and what they want their public persona to be. The
Moon is less volatile because they really are detached, for the moon
it’s not a show. VERY VERY GOOFY, loves attention and IS WITTY. Very unique person and loves/wants to appear weird.
- Similarities: creative
- Differences: The Pisces Sun is sensitive, but more to their own feelings. The Pisces Moon is more sensitive towards others, not wanting to hurt other people. The Pisces Moon is truly the most sensitive of the zodiac. The Pisces Moon cares more about what people think than the Sun. The Pisces Sun is comfortable in their skin, the Moon is always fighting against their empathetic nature. “Why am i feeling so much, stop” but if only the Pisces Moon did not feel ashamed of their sensitivity they would hurt much less. Yes, the Pisces Moon that doesn’t like being empathetic, lives in a lot of pain. They Moon can be submissive and naturally wants to please, the Sun however, is more selfish. Also, the Pisces Moon escapes reality more often and is darker.