pls expand on your ridiculous experiences during one semester at a fake college
okay I got a few asks about this so let me see what I can remember right now. These might not all be in chronological order
- At orientation, they were talking about the reservation near campus and all these pretty sites and this kid in the back of the auditorium goes “So uhh…heard this place might be built over a Native American burial ground?”
- The speaker: “…Let’s not think about that, okay?”
- The freshman were on campus alone for like a week and a half (other than the RA’s) before the other students and I just. The parties. Were out of control. An ambulance was called basically every night.
- I walked into the bathroom the first night there to find a girl literally dying because someone slipped something in her drink and she was having a Very Bad Reaction
- Sting- you know, the singer- ‘s son lived in my residence hall. This boy almost accidentally killed me on three separate occasions (while I was just trying to do my laundry)
- I told my family about this at Thanksgiving. Everyone in the room advised me to seduce him
- I ate breakfast in the dining hall exactly once. I got scrambled eggs. I noticed no one had brought out ketchup with the condiments and politely asked about it. I received glares from at least ten different people. Apparently people there don’t believe in ketchup on eggs.
- There were these two boys in my English class known as “The Lumbard Guys”. They didn’t live in my residence hall, but they would come over almost every night, start a party, and destroy part of the basement.
- At orientation this one kid got mad and set his shoe on fire to prove a point
- Also at orientation like??? My roommate disappeared???? And I never saw her again???
- Listen like…this campus just looked like the perfect setting for a horror film, but none of the people from the area got that. They all thought I was crazy until some comic from Comedy Central did a stand up act and said “Why the hell is this campus so creepy? I feel like I’m gonna leave here with someone else wearing my face!”. I felt way too validated.
- ALL OF MY CLASSES WERE SO FAKE
- My “math” class was actually a disguised home ec. course???? All we had were word problems that were incredibly detailed recipes or instructions on how to fix things. The teacher, who I swear to GOD was actually my Mr-Rogers-Wannabe guidance counselor from high school in disguise, spent more time trying to come up with names and backstories for the models in the text book than actually trying to teach
- I had to take a class called “first year seminar” because neither of my parents went to college. It was supposed to be teaching you about how the school works and stuff but SUPRISE BITCH WE’RE JUST GONNA YELL ABOUT RACISM AND PRIVELGE FOR AN HOUR.
- Literally that’s all we did. Just the whole class bonding over all these struggles we had gone through and getting fired up. Like, it was great, but I also ended up knowing very little about campus and school stuff bc that was the class that was supposed to be teaching me lmao
- My Psych teacher was fucking hysterical for the first few classes but then he just. Vanished. I had to drop the class
- My Fine Arts teacher just. Couldn’t stick to a teaching plan. Her entire wardrobe was scarves. She was very passionate about African masks. She had a flapper haircut. She spoke quietly, but with a marvelously forced tone of voice that I’m certain was her trying to sound impressive and hide a Boston accent. She didn’t seem to understand the year was 2014. She took us into the city to go to the Art Museum and we lost her in there, never to be seen again
- I’m not even kidding
- My “writing” teacher was my absolute fav omfg. She was this long grey haired hippie lady who worked as a nurse for the Grateful Dead and was still stuck there. She may or may not have hooked up with my uncle. I was her favorite student because one day I came in wearing a “HAIR” shirt. She wanted to take the class to England for the sole purpose of going on a Beatles tour
- But like…she did not teach a writing class omfg. She taught a social justice class. All we did was have informed debates about The Issues and listen to music and occasionally watch the Breakfast Club. Every time there was a big paper due on the syllabus, she’d just sit on her desk and go “I mean, I don’t have to cover anything, right? You guys know how to write!” Like I genuinely don’t think she knew what class she was teaching
- There was a boy who sat next to me in that class. He was deaf in one ear and used that as an excuse when he got caught blatantly not paying attention. It worked every time. But I was right next to him. I saw him playing Yu-Gi-Oh on some website on his phone under the table. One time we started talking about model cars and he pre-cummed.
- There was a boy who roamed the campus in a long black trench coat and a weird hat. I never saw his body and started to suspect he might not have one, just the theory of one. He took interest in me because I was the only person in class who ever got his Doctor Who jokes. He’d come up to me at dinner and blast quiz me on various nerd culture before running off and disappearing into the shadows. Just as I was starting to grudgingly accept I was probably going to have to eventually hook up with him for the greater good, I apparently offended him by saying I like Picard more than Kirk. He didn’t stick around to listen to my reasoning. Whenever I saw him after that he would loudly start talking about how great his girlfriend was. Everyone knew he was lying. I wonder if Kirk ever sucked his theoretical dick as well as I would have.
- I gave a football player a shout out on Yik Yak. He really appreciated it, and gave me some fries laced with weed as a thanks. That was such A Night ™ , I watched the Lorax and left the dimension.
- Every time we had dances, this creepy guy named Horace would find me and use my obvious discomfort to make me dance with him. He’d hold my wrists and shove his crotch on mine while vaguely swaying to the beat. I had to escape to the bathroom every few minutes. Finally the security just banned him from the events altogether. I can still see his face clearly in my mind.
- One night, I walked into the bathroom to find a perfect, untouched pizza laying on the floor…but not in a box. Someone literally just took it out of the box and laid it down. I’m still fuming.
- One time I was in the mostly empty library when I smelled something. I walked down the rows of shelves before rounding the corner, and found the President of the college hidden there, sitting on the floor, smoking, a bottle of vodka in his hands. We held eye contact for a solid minute. He slowly shook his head at me. I said “Sir, your house is like…literally across the street.” He shook his head more vigorously. I left the library.
- One night, I heard screaming. I looked out the window to find a girl in a giraffe costume scaling my building. People were throwing water bottles at her. I was concerned. I didn’t know who to talk to for answers.
- I was in line trying to pay for dinner. One of the lunch ladies climbed on top of the ice cream machine and refused to come down. Her friend came over and they started recreating the balcony scene from Romeo and Juliet. Very few people acknowledged it.
- Someone jacked up the soda dispenser so it was only dispensing beer. None of the staff cared enough to fix it.
- I caught my RA in the middle of a drug deal so she gave me a coupon for free ice cream
- Also side note: The soft served ice cream machine on campus was actually a frozen yogurt machine. I had no problem with that, but like, advertise correctly, you know? Nobody else seemed to understand my confusion. Nobody else seemed to understand that froyo and ice cream are two different things. What the hell.
- There were just…so many moths all over the campus. A terrifying amount. When it started getting colder I was like, finally, I won’t be attacked by moths anymore! Only for even more moths to appear. I asked a local about it. “Oh, those are the winter moths!” What the fuck are winter moths? What the fuck, Massachusetts? My friend back home grew convinced that Mothman was in the area. I was inclined to believe her. Sometimes I close my eyes and all I can see are moths everywhere, waiting for the moment to strike.
- I’ve encountered deer many times in my life. I know how they act around people. But the deer on this campus were just weird. They’d run out at people all the time. One almost shoved me into traffic.
- My roommate gave my phone number out to literally anyone she found who mentioned they liked to read or liked Doctor Who. She was concerned I had no friends. No one ever called.
- I met a small Greek girl in my Fine Arts class. Our first day of talking, she made me climb a mountain with her so she could get to tutoring, even though I had no reason to be in that building. Her roommates kept mysteriously disappearing. She was late to everything. She’d call me randomly to get food at 1 in the morning. She kept somehow breaking phones and tvs and other electronics. When I asked her how they kept breaking, she waved it off with “Oh, I have OCD. You wouldn’t understand”. I have OCD, and I still don’t understand. One time she invited me out with her friends from high school. I waited outside her building for two hours, while the other friends waited in the parking lot for two hours, because we didn’t know how to find each other. She eventually came outside at 10:30 pm. We went to Friendly’s. She made us stop at her house so she could grab something. We pulled up a long, winding driveway and stopped in a parking lot. At the end of the parking lot were stone stairs that lead up to a mansion on a hill. She ran inside and the rest of us stayed in the car, listening to High School Musical and talking about Supernatural. When she came out 40 minutes later we decided to try and prank her. It went wrong. We almost ran over her friend’s sister with the car. They invited me to a pumpkin patch. When I started complaining about my roommate, she asked me to move in with her. I thought about the other three girls who had seemingly gone missing. I politely declined. Six months after I left the school, I received a text from her asking for notes for an exam, and radio silence after that. I can’t find her on facebook. I fear she might have gone missing too.
- One night, as I was standing outside huddled in the cold, a boy came up and offered me a cigarette to help me stay warm. I turned it down, but he stood around talking to me for a few minutes afterwards. I felt absolutely no awkwardness at all. He was a musician from Colorado. He sang a bit of one of his songs. He was dropping out of school to go to California the next week. He told me I had beautiful eyes, but his were the most alive eyes I’ve ever seen so I couldn’t believe the compliment. We talked for about ten minutes and I fell a little bit in love. He had to rush off to a club meeting, but he told me he’d rather keep talking. He gave me the sweetest smile before he left. I didn’t get his last name or number and I never saw him again.
- There was a dance on Halloween. I couldn’t think of a sufficiently slutty yet classy costume, so I just went as Osgood from Doctor Who. When I got there there was a huge crowd, but people quickly grew bored and started leaving. There ended up being six people left (myself included). We stayed because we could see the upset faces of everyone who had planned the event, but actually had one of the most fun nights of my life. We- myself, the girl from across the hall, Trench Coat Boy, his tiny friend who never spoke, and a boy and girl I didn’t know who seemed to be professional dancers- danced nonstop for almost three hours. The strobe lights and poppy music solidified an unspoken bond. I had never and to this day haven’t felt as free as I did that night. The tiny quiet boy’s smile could have lit up a city. It’s etched into my mind. We all left the dance talking about the surreal feeling in the air, as if something had shifted. None of us ever mentioned the dance again. It’s still one of my fondest memories.
- For a solid month, there was someone in a gorilla costume running around campus.
- There was a rash of sexual assaults on campus. A gang of boys kept jumping girls in the woods. The only thing the school board did was give out free rape whistles at lunch one day. I missed that day, making me one of the only students on campus without a whistle. Later that night when I ordered pizza, the delivery guy tried to start up a conversation with me about all the assaults. He blamed the girls. I took back my tip.
- Sometimes the showers just…filled up with black sludge. No one knew why.
- The girls in the room next to me were very bizarre. They always shot me odd looks and whispered to each other constantly. I couldn’t figure out if they were sleeping together or not. They never washed their hands when we were in the bathroom.
- The doors to each dorm were thick and heavy and required effort to push them open. My roommate and I made sure to lock ours every night, and would triple check it. It swung open by itself almost every night. The channels on the tv would change with the remote equidistance away from us. Sometimes I heard humming in the showers when I was the only one in there.
- My roommate…deserves a whole separate post dedicated to her, honestly.
- She would call her mother and have her do her homework for her. She blasted music constantly, and it was either country or hard rap, nothing in between. She sexiled me constantly. I once walked in on anal. She’d meet guys on Tinder, fall in love with them after a couple of days, and then bring them into the school and into our room like it was no big deal. One of them made it clear he was a budding serial killer. She was in a new drama every week. One time someone called her a dilf on Yik Yak. She was firmly convinced her cousin was blonde because her aunt dyed her hair when she was pregnant. She tried her hardest to get me laid by a football player. She was the loudest drunk I’ve ever encountered. Honestly there’s just too much about her for this omfg
- John Zaffis, the famous paranormal researcher, came to the school on my birthday. I went because I’m a loser who’s been watching shows with him since I was a kid, and I was having a bad day so I decided it could be a treat. I sat in the front row. He held an uncomfortable amount of eye contact with me the entire presentation. He was impressed with my questions. He lamented about the fact he’s always cut out of movies or replaced by priests that look like him. He apparently came to the school every year around Halloween to do a ghost tour around the campus for the students. A girl allegedly killed herself in my floor’s bathroom. He apparently always got a lot of activity around the campus. Everyone in the freshman class started wondering if the rumors about the Native American burial ground were true.
- One time in “writing” class the teacher gave us a number and then whatever song came up as that when we put our music on shuffle we had to play for the class. I ended up with “Touch Me” from Spring Awakening. Midway through the song, the teacher from another class came to complain that they could hear everything. My teacher tried to defend that all music has an important message. “Molly, dear, tell her the message in this song!” I looked around the room and at the other teacher. “It’s about sex,” I said quietly. She stormed out of the room while the class started laughing.
- There was this girl that just had the natural ability to make anything boring. I feel bad saying that, because she’s such a sweet girl, and she’s smart, and she’s gorgeous, and she’s talented, but just…every time she says anything, it’s boring. I’m still friends with her on facebook, the talent transcends to writing as well. You could be having a fun, lively conversation and she could say something completely relevant to the point and yet it would still just be boring. It’s a baffling talent, I still don’t understand how she does it.
- There was a boy who’d come into my room. He lusted over my s’mores poptarts. He kept trying to hit the high notes in Broadway songs. He didn’t understand my sense of humor at all, so we both were constantly worried we were offending each other. He cried about Selena Gomez a lot.
- The dining hall only offered horrendous food. I had pasta almost every night because it was the only thing remotely edible. If you wanted good food, you had to go to Late Night, which was between like 10:30 and 1 I think??? They set it up specifically for stoners and people leaving parties. I was frequently the only sober person there. Except for the moths.
- The chief at the pasta place found out I like theater and got like…weirdly passionate about it. He kept telling me about different theater groups in the area and wanted to know if I was in the school musical. He asked me every time I went up for food.
- There was a disproportionate amount of large black birds to trees. It wasn’t hard to figure out why we so rarely saw smaller animals
- When I told my advisor I was thinking about leaving (mostly for financial reasons but also the fake classes were preventing me from getting an education I wanted, you know?), this little old man looked around his office as if checking for people listening in, then put his hand on top of mine, leaned in close, and whispered “Oh, you sweet little girl. Run as fast as you can.”
There’s definitely more but listen. This school was weird and fake and vaguely surreal and off-kilter. I am fully afraid that one day, years from now, I’m going to be driving through the back roads and pass the place where the campus should be, only I won’t find anything there at all, and won’t be able to find any trace of it ever existing. I won’t be able to find any record of it. I won’t be able to find a record of any of the people. Every time I think about this place I just get a weird feeling, like I somehow managed to escape the Twilight Zone but left a part of me behind in the process. Be careful when applying to college, kids.
Letters From War - another extremely well known fic among swen. a heart-wrenching and beautifully written AU fic. even if AUs aren’t your thing, seriously, give this one a try.
Emma is a soldier on reserve in Fort Benning. Regina is the Mayor of Storybrooke. Through a pen pal program designed to ease the ache of homesick soldiers, Emma and Regina begin sending letters to one another as their relationship grows from cordial acquaintance to something neither woman would have expected - until the letters stop coming.
A hostage situation in City Hall leaves behind a battered, broken sheriff, and a mayor wracked with guilt. Trigger warnings for violence and gun threats and general angst. Slow-burn swan queen.
Miles To Go- AU; emma and regina meet at a party and the rest is history. this ones pretty long (80 chapters), but so worth the read! angsty & lots of ‘sexy times’
Everyone has their own story, this one is theirs and it paints the picture of a love story that spans over two decades, with all the ups and downs and everything else in between. SwanQueen AU
Of Love and Loathing- a lot of angry sex in the beginning, which eventually turns into lovey sex. another well known and well written fic - this author is one of my favorites. *reaaallyyy hot smut
“I have been sleeping with someone,” Regina began tentatively, an acute awareness that once she said the words out loud that the madness behind her highly unorthodox situation became all the more real, “whom I absolutely loathe.” •Emma/Regina•
Meet me Halfway- one of the first swan queen fan fictions i ever read! still a classic to this day. AU
Emma Swan works hard every night as a bartender, struggling to raise her son and save up enough to own her own bar. Regina Mills is an upper class New York photographer who wouldn’t normally spare a second glance at people below her. When their paths cross, their lives adapt to each other, but how much are they willing to change?
Love Undefined- in the process of re-reading this one because of how much i love it. angsty as hell but such a beautiful story.
It’s been eight years since the last time Regina and Emma saw each other, eight years since Emma lost part of her happiness, her family, and everything fell apart. But she hasn’t forgotten those three years in New York, or any of what Regina had brought into her life. A late night phone call to Regina takes Emma back eleven years to when they met, saved each other from loneliness, and Emma started learning what it meant to live. She relives the moments that had changed her life for the better, and even the ones that had hurt.
Teacher’s Pet- KNOWN AS THE ONE TEACHER/STUDENT FANFIC THAT EVERYONE HAS READ.
Emma Swan is starting her senior year. Her friends tell her about the Creative Writing teacher that she has on her schedule and how no one had passed her class with an A, not even her bookworm friend, Belle. What will she do? And who exactly is this ‘bitchy Evil Queen’ as they claim her to be? SwanQueen. Student/Teacher. M for language and future chapters.
Lost in Translation- i wasn’t sure about this before reading it but i LOVED it. the description pretty much sums it up.
AU. Regina is deaf. Emma is the only one who refuses to give her pity. In response, Regina is thrilled by this new challenge and the stand-offs commence, but over time she finds out there is more to the blonde woman than just a target to throw a stinging quip and pointed glare at.
Send Up a Signal- emma and regina are actresses and their fans ship them with each other. ;)
Emma Swan is catapulted into stardom, the newest lead actress on a sanitized show featuring modern fairytales. Regina Mills is a long-undermined star with a chip on her shoulder and a thousand reasons why she’s invested. Naturally, they loathe each other on sight.Their characters’ fanbases, however, have other ideas.
Reset- SO. GOOD. 95 chapters. if you’re looking for long fanfics, this is for you.
Following the breaking of the curse everyone in Storybrooke is finding their happy ending, with one exception. Resigning herself to having lost Henry’s love and respect forever, Regina decides there is only one path available to her.
Take Me Home Tonight - AU!! lots of smut :) this is a newer one that i’ve seen around twitter and tumblr and i really enjoyed it! this one’s pretty short (14 chapters)
AU: Nineteen year old Emma Swan is a senior at the exclusive all girls boarding school, Foxhaven Academy. When her friends find out she’s a virgin they send her to the city to find a guy to take her v-card. But Emma is more interested in a sexy older woman she meets in a bar. A SwanQueen story.
The Staircase - non-consensual sex in the first chapter, so please be aware of that; its not for eveyone. this story is very dark but has a happy ending i promise!
Regina could still smell her cologne and feel the cheap pleather pressing into her back. The brunette sucked in a breath. She was still lying on the floor at the staircase’s base and she stared back up at it. Everything was different now. Changed. She felt broken by what had just happened, appalled and enraged, dirty. WARNING: NC17 for non-consensual sex. Dark. (But gets lighter.)
the trouble with emma- very very well known within the swan queen community. i’ll be honest, i never really got into the story but i can acknowledge that it is the most well-written fanfiction i have read to date. the author is truly talented. (the first in a series of fanfics)
Post ep 4x23, Emma becomes the Dark One and learns nothing is quite as it seems or as simple as black versus white. When Regina removes the curse no one in Storybrooke is prepared for the far reaching fallout which leaves none of their lives unaltered or untouched, least of all Regina’s.
Emma Swan is a PR agent who is sent on a holiday by her boss. Regina Mills is the owner of a private island named Shadow Haven. There is more to Regina than initially meets the eye. This story dips heavily into the BDSM subculture. Swan Queen romance / BDSM story.
the wicked stepmother- the one kinky fic everyone has read- or attempted to. i couldn’t get through the whole thing but the first few chapters,,, holy hell.
When the Evil Queen catches baby Emma along with Snow White, she decides on a new revenge. In Storybrooke, Snow White will be allowed to raise her daughter… but on her eighteenth birthday, Regina will come for her. Emma might just enjoy that.
in control - Regina had never been in the habit of relinquishing control, but when it came to Emma Swan, she was starting to find out that giving in had its benefits. - Established Swan Queen - One Shot. Rated M for language and content.
the collar - It will carry strong mature themes as well as a Mistress/Slave relationship but it is also a lot more than that. However, as a warning this story will celebrate the shades of grey of our favourite couple as they find their way to each other and will deal with darker elements of their characters. Emma’s history differs a little from canon but will be covered by the story but there is no Henry and she is an adult in this fiction.
Emma has been desperate to know what it’s like to kiss the smirk off of Regina Mills, but when she finally gets the chance, it doesn’t seem to be enough.
tempest - A storm ushers in an expected opportunity for Regina to finally rid herself of Emma Swan. She will posses the sheriff’s heart and then crush it. But what happens when nothing goes as planned? Rated M for language and Swan Queen sexytimes.
come on be nice - Regina has decided that the quickest way to get rid of Emma Swan is to scare off the commitment phobic woman with a come-on. This, as with many of Regina’s plans, does not go as, well, planned. Rated M for Swan Queen sex.
black lace - Emma and Henry find a way around the 'no visiting’ rule involving binoculars and the walkie talkie. Emma’s attention is fully on her son, she truly doesn’t intend to watch Regina at all. At least until the mayor begins undressing in front of her window..
dirty words - Regina is plagued by thoughts of a certain blonde. Deciding she is in need of cathartic release, she writes a quick narrative in hopes of cleansing her system. However, by a happy accident, the story falls into the wrong hands. What will Emma do with this new and intriguing insight into the mayor’s mind?
damn you, miss swan- Emma visits the mayor one night with a bottle of wine to cheer her up. Anger issues and smeared lippy ensues. WARNING: Includes a non-explicit passing reference to rape. This is my first story. A/N Jan 2015: Way back when I wrote this, no one knew anyone’s back stories, so I just made up stuff. Don’t be upset for canon divergence if you read it now. It wasn’t canon then.
mirror tricks- The Evil Queen has made her way to Storybrooke, but she only seems to be interested in one thing: Emma. When Regina realises this, her jealousy starts to get the better of her.
my enemy’s enemy- After her mother’s death, Regina finds a terrible surprise hidden among the witch’s belongings. Unfortunately, the only one able to cure her from the ailment is Emma…if she agrees. Strong language and mature themes. First stab at SwanQueen :)
to remember her happy ending - “She doesn’t even remember her family! How am I going to explain this to her when she hates me!” She was falling apart now. The way the women in the other room had just looked at her, with such disdain. That wasn’t her wife. That was the Mayor, the Evil Queen maybe…but not her wife.
for endings are where we begin - Regina Mills is your average working mom - she spends long hours at her bakery, loves her son Henry with all that she is, and can touch dead things and bring them back to life.Emma Swan is an orphan, an ex-convict, and a bail bondsperson residing in Massachusetts. She is also currently dead.This is the story of how they meet.
the loudest silence -New to Chicago Emma, a professional cellist, is shocked to find that a beautiful deaf woman is her new president of the board. As their friendship grows Emma begins to wonder, what does it look like when a world of sound and a world of silence meet somewhere in the middle? SwanQueen AU
broken - 16 year Emma Swan is a preachers daughter on a tight leash, what happens when Regina Mills returns to town, dark, mysterious and dangerous? Will her father’s expectations take over or will Emma follow her heart? Is Regina legit or is Emma cute little pawn? Will Emma be able to love Regina for who she is or will her dark past ruin it ALL! SwanQueen G!P Some BDSM
bring her home - Cora’s dead. Henry lives with the Charmings. Regina continues spiraling through grief and loss and hatred. Then Emma suddenly falls unconscious and Henry shows up at Regina’s door because he needs her help to bring Emma back. Reluctantly, Regina embarks on a wild swan chase through Emma’s mind, a whirlwind of ‘roads‐less‐traveled’ and ‘what‐ifs’ and ‘might‐have‐beens’, in order to bring her home.
if the blazer fits - Emma decides to dress up like Regina for a Halloween party at The Rabbit Hole, a seemingly innocent decision that surprisingly leads to a relationship. The romance is openly feared by some and secretly despised by an unlikely source, who plots to end it.
a fine line- Upon Regina’s banishment, the small town of Storybrooke becomes protected once again by an enchantment that prevents anyone from leaving or entering Storybrooke. Emma and Regina find themselves on the edge of the town, wishing for a way to the other side.
a pale imitation- Regina is furious with Emma after she brings back Marian, but since she can’t take it out on her, Regina creates a mindless clone of Emma to hit instead. The clone doesn’t stay mindless for long though, developing an obsession with Regina. Written for summer 2014 Swan Queen Big Bang. (TW for sexual assault/rape and graphic depictions of violence)
one fine mess- Regina’s gut twisted with an agonizing pull and, for just a moment, she thought she might need to take up the same position as the woman crouched before her. “You’re pregnant?” she whispered grimly. Emma’s only response was to turn and retch into the toilet again. — Swan Queen, magic!pregnancy
coffee at midnight - (so good) Slow burn AU that starts with two women from different parts of the USA meeting on Twitter. Emma is an insomniac loner who is a Personal Trainer. Regina is a writer with a sleepless baby. Their lack of sleep and love for coffee soon brings them together and after that they find it hard to part. This is a fic where coffee is taking to mythical levels, despite it’s bad effect on people with insomnia and people with babies - showing that sometimes what you need and want isn’t always the thing that is wholesome and harmless. But also that denying yourself it will only lead to misery, something which Regina has to apply to other parts of her life.
all the single ladies - With the library in desperate need of renovation, Storybrooke prepares for a fundraising dinner and bachelorette auction. What mischief and romance can be found as a result? SwanQueen with some RedBeauty Rating has been raised to M - now including adult content.
step into my office, baby - This is what you get for doing the nice thing, Emma thinks. You do that whole Pay It Forward bullshit - you buy a lady some coffee and you pretend like it isn’t totally motivated by how she looks in a pencil skirt - and she goes and insults your business card and turns out to be your company’s new Executive Director. Real fucking cute.From now on, she is drinking tea.or, the one where they’re in an office.
teaching miss mills - Swan Queen Teacher AU: Emma is a gym teacher, who moves to Storybrooke Academy after becoming disenchanted with her job back in Boston. Regina Mills is the Head of English who Emma somehow seems to keep having run-ins with, despite the best of intentions. Along the way, Emma adjusts to small-town life, gets her teaching mojo back and grows closer to Regina. NOW COMPLETE
troubled teachers- COMPLETE! SwanQueen AU. Geography teacher Emma Swan starts a new life far from her troubled past and meets history teacher Regina Mills. But all is not as it seems when it comes to the composed, intelligent, and beautiful brunette. Family struggles and difficult relationships lead to a friendship and soon something more blossoms. Rated M for Ch 7, 18, 22, 24, 28, 29, 31, 35 and 38
not a virgin anymore- When college student Emma Swan wakes up one morning with no memory of what happened the night before she’s very surprised she finds herself in professor Mills’s bed.
is that so, miss swan? - College student, Emma Swan, is confronted by her favorite professor and secret heart-throb, Dr. Regina Mills. What happens when Emma is forced to reveal her secrets? We shall see. AU. Slightly OOC at times. No magic. SwanQueen. Rated M for serious language and eventual sexy times between our two favorite ladies.
butterfly effect - in her final year of college, Emma finds she has more to account for than the extra credits she needs in order to graduate. Only… she doesn’t expect it to come in the form of her newest instructor, Professor Regina Mills. Complete. AU Swan Queen
a sophisticated seduction - Emma’s a college student, working as an intern at the Dazzle Magazine for a powerful woman she has never had the good fortune of meeting. But everything in her life is about to change when they finally meet. Especially when one falls so deeply in love with the other and the insecurities from a broken marriage comes to light. (Not Based on The Devil Wears Prada)
some other faves
down east decisions- Massachusetts State Police Capt. Emma Swan leaves her red-hot career to become the police chief of sleepy Storybrooke, Maine. She’s hoping for a less-complicated, less-dangerous life, a desire that is dashed on both counts. AU. No magic. Crime drama and romance. Swan Queen is endgame.
that drunken night- Emma’s wasted and accidentally calls Regina instead of her mom. And Regina isn’t as loathe to talk to the blonde as she usually pretends. Did things change between them so radically while they were in Neverland? (No copyright infringement intended.)
chasing henry - SQ. Tired of the tricks and lies of both of his mothers, Henry follows the dwarves, Red and Granny when they use Tiny’s magic beans to return themselves to their old land. Emma and Regina both chase after him, and they reluctantly travel together through the Enchanted Forest in order to find him and bring him back home safely.
so does this make us both the other woman? - Set after 3b in a peaceful Storybrooke where Regina is with Robin and Emma’s fallen into a relationship with Hook. Shame about all that subtext that’s rapidly threatening to become text.
Here you go@jimincentric and the other anon who asked for the long, mpreg Jikook fanfics! I tried my best to find my favourites, so I apologise if you’ve already read them? (Almost all of mine are bottom Jimin, too, so I’m sorry if you wanted something more diverse.)
(I had a hard time finding ones that were long, so please bare with me.)
(This is going to be so, so long. I literally have like, 400 bookmarks that I went through and found my favourites from. And also, I’m sorry if I don’t mention you! I didn’t want this to take me all night.)
Before I start listing off fics, make sure you check out these authors for their Jikook fics. (Also it’s more convenient so that I don’t have to keep listing off multiple fics from the same author.)
(Okay. That’s it. And wow, can I just say that this took me so long! I really, really hope you all enjoyed this and found some new readings to keep you busy! I love you all so, so much! And also, thank you for being such amazing friends and actually making it this far?)
When my friends and I began recreating Toy Story 3 in late 2011, we knew that we would have to create a full scale Andy’s room. I mean, let’s face it. You can’t successfully recreate Toy Story 3 without a realistic looking Andy’s room. It took about 2 years of work, but it was totally worth it. It’s the room that most of us grew up wishing we had. From the hardwood floor to the bright white woodwork, it’s all there.
It may sound a bit obsessive, but we tried incredibly hard to make sure that every little detail was captured. For example, there is a white board next to Andy’s desk that we, for the most part, replicated perfectly.
His posters were almost perfectly recreated for our room as well. I’ve got to thank my brother for those. The amount of detail he put into those things amazes me.
One of my favorite aspects of Andy’s room in Toy Story 3 is his door. I just love the dart board, scattered stickers and posters on it. It really gives off the teenager-vibe. With that said, I absolutely loved recreating it for our room. I still can’t believe we managed to find that dart board…and for only $5 at a thrift shop. Score!
A lot of time was spent on Andy’s desk. Before we renovated it, it was an old, broken brown desk. It was really awesome fixing it up for our remake though because it used to belong to my grandmother.
Some my other favorite details we captured in our real-life Andy’s room can be seen in this still from the film.
The crescent moon bed backboard:
The electric guitar:
And of course, the toy box:
So yeah, a lot of work went into recreating Andy’s room. But you know what? My friends and I enjoyed every single minute of it. The extra work really paid off. We can’t get over how great it looks on film.
YES, this, is for today’s prompt “Confession” and I’m absolutely NOT ASHAMED OF IT 8DD
I was kinda sad when I realized the crossover prompt didn’t win the poll so last week I was like “WELL SHIT I’M DOING A CROSS OVER ANYWAY” and litteraly made this one before all the other prompts
Lapidot reminds me a lot of other ships I love but the most similar is Alphyne but Lapidot is still my big fav tho so I felt the need to make this because it thought this was fun and because this is one of my favorite parts of Undertale and because I’m a huge trash
I mean come on you got the small blonde nerd having a huge crush and a cool, blue and strong one. The small one takes their blue gf in their fandom, they look at each other with the weirdest and cutest faces…Also you got a child, who help them making it work
I…just love these dorks <3
Btw I first didn’t know who would replace MTT but Sardonyx seems to be a good choice. I’m just currently laughing at what I’ve done lmao
“Not only are there no happy endings…There aren’t even any endings.”
Every time I read American Godsby Neil Gaiman, I find more things to adore about this novel. I read it this time while traveling across the United States, and I have to say, something about reading this book in transit just makes sense. It makes even more sense reading it while soaring over America itself, gazing down on fields and hills, a New Jersey import who lives in Chicago, went to LA a week or so ago, and just left Florida. There is something so intensely American about this novel, and it wows me every time. From the smaller mythic chapters telling folk tales and stories of the people who brought their gods to America, to the gods themselves and their characters, this novel always gets me. This was my third time reading this novel, and I’m going to dig deep to highlight new things that I had forgotten, so solid warning: Spoilers ahead.
I will never get over the way that Neil Gaiman melds together the idea of the gods and the land, and gives them both their own power and will. Something that wows me that I often forget about the standalone is now astoundingly diverse it is without being appropriative, and how Gaiman incorporates so many cultures, a diverse range of characters, as well as a huge amount of humor without it becoming problematic. I think this novel could be a guidebook for authors who want to know how to write diverse stories and mythos respectfully. I forgot about so many fantastic characters that Gaiman pours himself into, from Samantha Black Crow to side characters that brim with energy and character themselves, like Whiskey Jack’s son or Bilquis. I also never noticed before the two mentions of Mr. Nancy’s son that point to Anansi Boys. Not to mention the wealth of research and knowledge that goes into the bottomless well of background characters and visions leading up to the battle.
One thing I gained a new appreciation for in this novel was the character of Shadow. He is big, and not dumb, and I remembered all that, but what I forgot is how nice he is. Shadow’s such a cinnamon roll of a character, and I forget that. He stands up for a waitress and believes in the good of people. At the Lakeside library book sale, he tries to find the book that’s least likely to be purchased, so that he can help the library out by buying it. He performs coin tricks for children. He is obligated to hold Odin’s vigil, but he never questions whether he should also hold Mad Sweeney’s. As Laura speaks with the cutting, too-open words of the already-dead, Shadow still refuses to tell her about her appearance or to not hold her hand, because he doesn’t want to hurt her still. When Shadow picks up bodies with the coroners, he carries them always in his arms.
The scene between Shadow and Odin before his death is one of my absolute favorites (other favorite scenes include Samantha Black Crow’s protest kiss, the scene in which Shadow thinks snow into being, and Shadow’s long death scene). Odin recites to Shadow what he knows—the charms, in a long list. And it ends with that long scene where Shadow wonders what would have happened if he touched Odin’s hand, and wishes he had. And Odin’s twisting grift of the fiddle is so complicated and well done that even on the third re-read, I find myself forgetting about it until the moment Odin dies, and doubting myself on it until the moment Shadow says it out loud.
@neil-gaiman’s American Gods just gets better every time I read it, and I am cautiously thrilled and excited for the show coming out later this spring.
“It doesn’t matter that you didn’t believe in us. We believed in you.”
Lo is known, I think, primarily for her
Kylux/Reader work, so I’ve included one of those, here—but she has great work
outside of that, too. Her work gets straight to the fucking (hohoho) point and
is just excellent smutty fun.
Whenever I Want: This is a Kylo Ren/Hux/Reader threesome—and it’s one of those
that, despite me not being into Hux, like, at all, I find myself still thinking
about. I think that alone is a testament
to its hotness—but it also has some good, nasty shit like cum-sharing and
Kylo Gets Off: The title is self-explanatory. We all love Kylo Ren jerking off.
But getting nearly 1000 words of it is such a blessing. He jerks off to the
thought of fucking Hux and Reader at the same time. Usually I don’t like
sharing someone’s fantasy spotlight, but I love this.
Punishment:I’ve recc’d this before on, like, two other lists, but I won’t stop
reccing it, because I love it so much. This was, I think, one of the first
sub!Kylo fics I read and loved. I still think about the line, “It’s so good,” he answered. “So warm and
fucking wet…” Like, kill me please.
If you’re looking for weird stuff, sad stuff,
or bloody stuff, Jinx is your girl. Not only does she have unique takes on
certain AUs—her writing is fantastic. Her descriptive language is dark and
poetic and beautiful.
A Full Confession: Okay, this seems self-aggrandizing, but hear me out. Almost
all of the ideas in this fic, and a ton of the gorgeous/tongue-in-cheek imagery
come from her. It’s easily some of her best writing, and you’d be doing
yourself a disservice not to check it out for that reason.
Exposed:I really love vampires. I really love Kylo Ren. So why not both? This
is the answer to that question. Good imagery, hot sex. Is there any more we can
ask for from a Vampire!Kylo fic?
The Angst Files, Chapter 3:All of the chapters in this collection are great,
but this one is a favorite. Not only for the idea of Kylo Ren getting hard from
his own tears, but the sex is visceral, too. A Sad Boy Sex Hall of Famer, for
Maybe even more than she loves writing Kylo
Ren, Beth loves writing Ben Solo. Her Ben Solo work is fantastic, and I’ve
included one of my faves. Her smut is raunchy and her dirty talk is nasty as
fuck. She pulls no punches.
Frozen NSFW: Beth will probably kill me for putting this here, but oh well, I’ll
face death bravely. Frozen NSFW is a fantastic collection of dubcon/noncon scenes
as Reader navigates her life as Kylo Ren’s new sex slave. And Kylo is just… an
asshole. A hot, sexy, asshole.
Solidarity: I’ve recc’d this before, too, but, look. I said this was the
greatest hits, goddammit. The sequel to another piece she so thoughtfully wrote
for me, you’ll find doggy-style dubcon inside. I frequently think about the
line, “Fuck this is the perfect little
cunt. I think I need this to greet me at the end of every day.” Christ.
A Hasty Landing: Just one of many great Ben Solo pieces, this is one of my
faves because of the intimacy and heat captured. I love the way Ben is written—snarky
and naughty and fun.
It was hard narrowing down the list of Fae’s
fantastic works to just three. There’s so much by her that I truly love. She’s
incredible at laying down themes in even the shortest one-shots, her
characterization is always engaging, and her imagery is unique and evocative.
On the Desk: I’ll be honest. I’ve probably gotten off to this thing like five
or six times. Professor AUs are hot, but this is just beyond everything I could
want from one. Professor Ren is dirty as hell.
Okay, Fine: No smut in this—but it’s one of my favorites. A twist on the
sweetness of a Coffee Shop AU, this fic instead features an antagonistic relationship between Kylo (in
his triplet form) and Reader. Enemies to Lovers, perhaps? Great dialogue, great
characterization, great narrative. It’s good-feelsiest fic around.
Don’t Tell Kylo: In this fic, you’re double-teamed by Organa Solo triplets Ben
and Matt. This fic is a perfect hallmark of Fae’s style—it’s hot with a
consistent thematic foundation and strong emotions.
Because Kat is known most widely for Love
is a Four Letter Word, I wanted to take this time to point out a few of their
other excellent works. Kat’s narrative style is so immediate and engaging, and
their language has the ability to drag tears of out of me, which is, like,
All Tied Up:This work is heavy noncon. Reader is kidnapped by the twisted
triplets and horrible things happen. You should absolutely not read this if it
isn’t your thing, but I could not fail to recommend it because if it is your thing, it’s fucking hot as hell,
and you’ll love it.
On Display: Reader is fucked against a window by Kylo Ren, an officer gets off
to the show. Exhibitionism/voyeurism are one of my big kinks, and this piece
just… hits all the right spots. One
of my faves.
Infraction: In relative terms of the
Kylo Ren fandom, this piece is older. But it’s still one of the hottest in my
memory. It has one of my favorite lines in fanfiction ever: “Yes, you would. You’d never leave, the only
thing you’d ever have to do is get fucked.” *SWEATS*
I’m going to imagine Tora will be shocked
I even included her, but she hardly gives herself enough credit. She’s been the
only person who’s managed to get me to enjoy Hux outside of a Kylo/Hux/Reader
context. Her sense of humor and sass come through brilliantly in her writing.
Valentine’s Day:I have to be honest. I really enjoy these Hux drabbles. As
mentioned, Hux isn’t my guy. But the banter and snark here makes me think maybe
he could be my guy.
Untitled: Another Hux/Reader drabble, which I won’t title as “this is dumb”
because it isn’t. There’s great sexual tension captured between Reader and Hux,
and the unexpected cigarette burn is so salacious.
De-Stressing: This piece is Kylo/Reader—and there’s daddy kink. Look, y’all know I don’t typically go for daddy kink,
but this one is enjoyable. If it’s your thing, this is right up your alley.
Every izuocha scene in bnha and other izuocha stuff
Despite this fanbase being so small, they actually have a lot of scenes together… so lemme start from the very beginning
Uraraka stopping Izuku from falling from falling on his face as well as saving from 5-6 seconds of utter embarassment.
Look at how happy he is to talk to a girl, and a cute girl for that matter, and it just so happens that she is actually the first girl Izuku has actually ‘talked’ to. It’s not like Izuku has never spoken to a female in his life before (I mean he has his mom, and I’m sure he’s talked to other girls in his past classes but you get the point), but this was like the first time according to Izuku that he had a real conversation with a girl.
Izuku is a hella nervous for the entrance exam and he sees Uraraka as a source of comfort, well at least someone to talk to for him calm him down a little before Iida stopped him. This isn’t like an actual romantic moment or whatever so don’t hate me for this please, but at least it’s something right?
Izuku saving Uraraka from the robot, this scene is what triggered their friendship. He could have chosen to run away like everyone else did, he had zero points but he still chose to sacrifice his chances of getting into U.A just to save her.
Uraraka going out of her way to beg them to let Izuku at least have some of her points, no normal person would do that… no one would go out of their way to make sure a complete stranger passed, I mean it’s an exam so it’s every man for themselves. And look at how touched Izuku is here… with the kind of shitty people around him (bakugou, his middle school classmates, his middle school teacher, that doctor) he never would’ve imagined anyone going out of their way to do something like this for him. They actually both made an impact on each other after the entrance exam. And I know for a fact that people are gonna argue with this and say that she was just being nice and shit
You’re telling me that you’re just gonna ignore this?!!! He indirectly said this girl was attractive.
Here he is acting like a normal socially awkward teenager who’s too shy to talk to a cute girl, and we’re just gonna ignore this??? I mean he can’t even look her in the eye, doesn’t that mean something?
Uraraka cheering for Izuku in the backgorund…
Uraraka being worried about Izuku’s swollen finger…
Izuku finds Uraraka to be very attractive again, twice.
Izuku blushing like crazy because he’s on the same team with a cute girl who just happens to be his first real friend, who’s a cute girl.
And this is probably the most important moment. Izuku easily accepted the new meaning that Uraraka gave to the the demeaning name Deku. We all know that it’s impossible to change the meaning of the word, especially a word that a lot of people already know the meaning of. I’m sure Izuku knew that. He probably would have accepted the name of it was someone else who changed the meaning but I don’t think he would’ve accepted it as quickly as he did for Uraraka, because it really touched him when she said that.
At first you’d think Izuku just felt super flattered for what Uraraka did to his name, but he took it to heart. Look at him confidently declaring the ‘new meaning of his name’, this surprised Uraraka too because… well she didn’t think he’d take it seriously.
Bakugou has zero chill XD
Izuku treasures the new meaning of his name so much that he even decides to make it his hero name, aka the hero name he’ll be using for the rest of his life, the name that he’ll forever be known as, and the name that sounds so demeaning… good luck with that my son…
Uraraka voting for Izuku knowing fully well that she could have voted for herself, but she voted for Izuku because of her admiration for him.
Uraraka being the only person to notice Izuku wasn’t in his costume. Izuku blushing, or getting excited… or blushing I can’t really explain what was going on here between these two but they were definitely having a moment.
Uraraka teaming up with Izuku when he was all alone which brought Izuku to tears. She teamed up with him because she’s most comfortable with him, they’re both really good friends, and because she admires him so much. Izuku is surprised too, because if she teamed up with anyone else it would give her a better chance for her to win. So once again, Izuku’s touched by Uraraka’s affection towards him.
Uraraka getting jealous of Hatsume because she’s getting all of Izuku’s attention. It’s not like Uraraka wanted to be the center of izuku’s llife 24/7 or anything but how can I say it… it’s kinda annoying to be really good friends with a boy and then some other girl just swoops in from nowhere and grabs his attention, I mean I know I’d feel a little ‘ish’ if that happened to me, because Uraraka was basically like the third wheel throughout the cavalry battle, and no one likes being a third wheel.
Uraraka admiring Izuku’s strategic mind once again, although she mainly said this because she was feeling uneasy.
Izuku knew Uraraka felt uneasy about going against Bakugou, so he went out of his way to make a plan for her to win. It’s funny because this is exactly how Izuku felt before his first fight with Bakugou, and Uraraka was the one comforting him and trying to help him feel better, and now the roles have been reversed.
Although I’m glad Uraraka rejected his help, because it helped her realize that she couldn’t always rely on others for her success.
Izuku was rooting for her throughout the whole Kacchako battle (and jeez, have I ever said how much I love Bakugou and Uraraka in this fight) and he was concerned for her safety. Izuku was Uraraka’s motivational drive here, her motivation to win.
Izuku was rooting for her before the match even started, sure he felt nervous but at least he didn’t immediately think he she was gonna lose like EVERYONE else did.
Izuku feeling bad for not being able to do anything for her…
He’s the only one that goes out of his way to check up on her, not even Iida, or Tsuyu.
Izuku saw right through Uraraka and she obviously knew she was lying about being totally fine. He felt guilty that he wasn’t able to do anything to help her win… even though there was really nothing he could do.
Uraraka’s helped Izuku out so many times, so the only thing he wants to do for her, what he needs to do for her is return the favor.
This was part was pretty sweet on both ends.. although I’m still not sure if Bakugou was pissed off at Izuku because he thought he let Uraraka use her quirk carelessly and throw him off guard (gonna wait for the anime to clear that up, afterall this episode is gonna air in about 2 weeks or so…)
Anyway, Izuku is defending Uraraka here by saying she’s completely capable of devising strategic plans on her own.
Izuku getting super flustered after having a real conversation on a phone with a girl… who just happened to be Uraraka. Uraraka getting teased about being in love…. she could have called Iida too, but she decided to call Izuku instead.
Uraraka using Izuku as a source of motivation, again.
I think we’re all familiar with this scene. This is the moment Uraraka realized that she may in fact have a crush on Izuku.
And this is the moment when she sorta confirmed it, and she even said “probably”
This. This is just adorable.
My buddy @happycloude-91 pointed out in this post. This was probably one of the sweetest things Uraraka’s ever done. She did a little first-aid thing for Izuku to at least try and reduce the pain even though she knew it wouldn’t do much. She didn’t try and stop him and say “there’s no way I’ll let you go! Not with those injuries and blah blah blah”, because she understood the weight of the situtation and she understood Izuku’s feelings, plus Izuku probably wouldn’t have listened to her anyway.
Hell she even tore her shirt in half to help Izuku and seemed like it worked pretty well. We all know that Uraraka doesn’t have a lot of money, and she probably doesn’t have the best clothes either, yet she still sacrificed to help Izuku.
Hatsume is a trigger to Uraraka’s jealousy, since it mostly pops up when she’s around. Her face here, she obviously doesn’t like what she’s seeing, because not only was Izuku almost explodo-killed, he came chest-to-chest with another girl!
Uraraka getting a little more jealous here because Hatsume’s getting Izuku’s attention, but she mostly feels like she’s getting left behind and she wants to walk side by side with Izuku.
Uraraka’s feelings for Izuku confirmed. The fact that she was thinking about the whole thing with Hatsume all day shows something.
Uraraka noticing and admiring Izuku’s strength again.These pages just say it all…
In the hero license exam, even though ‘Uraraka’ came out of nowhere with absolutely no plan at all, which could have led to her failing right there…
Izuku still jumped in to save her, jeopardizing his own chances of passing the exam.
adding this because the way he carried her was just…PERFECT.
This is probably one of my favorite scenes in this arc. Izuku knew Uraraka wasn’t that careless, he knew that she was much more stronger than that.
This line has a lot of depth in it guys. Izuku knew Uraraka was a lot smarter than to come out without any sort of plan.
Uraraka believing in Izuku’s strength.Uraraka sees Izuku as an image of victory, that’s why she always thinks about him when she’s in a pinch or is she wants to win (let that be a reminder for those who think she’s ‘obsessed’).
Izuku is to Uraraka what Kacchan is to him, an image of victory. (but we don’t go ahead and call Izuku obsessed whenever he thinks about Kacchan, which he does A LOT, do we???) It’s not that she’s obsessed with being like him but she has the same feelings that Izuku has for Kacchan.
Uraraka getting jealous again and contemplating her feelings.
Uraraka’s feelings getting in the way of her focus.
Chapter 109 says it all, at least in Uraraka’s side, she knows that she has feelings for Izuku. I’m not gonna say the word love because this is a fan translation so it’s not 100% accurate, also the word love is pretty strong in Japan, so I think Horikoshi must have used a… how can I say it? a less serious word in the second panel… I could be completely wrong though.
We know that she ‘shut down her feelings’ but that doesn’t mean they’re completely gone right?
Uraraka notices things about Izuku, and you can read all about that in my other buddy @rex101111‘s post here.
Also, have I mentioned that they are ALWAYS together??!
And there are a lot more screencaps of them standing together and that includes the panels I used for this post too, but we know that I can’t fit all those screencaps in this post XD
The omake. I can already feel all of the kacchako shippers glaring daggers at me XD.
But anyway, many misinterpret this as a Kacchako scene… but it’s actually not. The reason is because, Uraraka came to talk to Bakugou about Izuku, not her, or heir fight, but Izuku. I know people are gonna be like “she sees through Bakugou!” or “Bakugou called her by her name!”, but let’s be honest, what Uraraka was saying here was: you either make up with Izuku or just stop being mean to him. Overall her primary concern was Izuku, because nobody likes to see their friend/love interest constantly get bullied right?
Another thing is the drama CD 7. The drama CD 7, the drama CD 7, the drama CD!!! I freaking love the drama CD 7, because it is a safe haven for us izuocha shippers.
Izuku and Uraraka eating lunch together, Uraraka teasing Izuku for nerding about heroes… well she didn’t exactly tease him, she giggled and he blushed!
Izuku and Uraraka chatting near Izuku’s desk before Bakugou came and interrupted them XD
Izuku saved Uraraka from the sludge villain and he happened to hold hands with her for a very long time, and Bakugou himself had to point it out!
Izuku stuttering and blushing after he realized just how long he held Uraraka’s hand and how good it felt. Then he starts to remember how he had to do a folk dance with a guy when he was in middle school because there weren’t enough girls… and I love how my son is such a loveable nerd/dork omg XD
Uraraka mistook Izuku’s flustered face as some kind of adrenaline rush which was adorable.
There were other good scenes in the drama cd, but these are like the cutest ones, and mind you the drama CD was written by HORIKOSHI KOUHEI!
So it’s technically canon :p
I know I said that the wiki is about 98% accurate, but if people can believe Jirou is a lesbian from reading the wiki then I can believe this right? I know the love is one sided for now, but Izuku has shown a lot of signs in the beginning of the series, he obviously won’t show any now because of where the series is going… but it’s gonna come back…soon.
and one more thing…
WHY THE FUCK DOES THIS TAG EXIST???? THIS IS THE ONLY SHIP IN BNHA THAT I’VE SEEN WITH THIS TAG!
There are only like two posts under this tag and one of them just happens to be someone answering my ask, and if you’re wondering why I like that post if you ever see it, it’s because I like all posts that answer my asks just to let the person know that I’ve seen their answer.
Hey, Nanite here. I’m a long-time Sonic the Hedgehog fan and am currently a mod on the @sonicpositive and @motivationalsonic blogs! Cutting to the chase, I’ve been asked by several people who my favorite ‘version’ of Sonic the Hedgehog is, since the franchise has so many different continuities to choose from. I couldn’t decide, so I’m gonna draw some Sonics (not all of them, we’d be here all day) and rate them! Starting we have:
Classic Sonic! What a guy who’s fly, a blue dude with a ‘tude– it’s the original Sonic! How could I not love him? Good and wholesome. Saves little animals. 12/10.
Archie Sonic! Boy does this guy bring back some of my best memories. Me showing off the latest issue to all the other kids in class, reading them out loud to my little brothers and trying my best to get their voices juusttt right. Tons of fun and action and some of the best characters in the whole franchise! Sad to see him go, but I have no doubt IDW Sonic will be just as way past cool! 100/10!
Modern Sonic! Fun games, great music, and a rockin’ look! This guy is all about fun and being a hero and he inspires me every day. Keep on running, Sonic. 10/10.
SatAM Sonic!! I remember being a kid, finishing an episode, and going into the woods behind my house so I could pretend to be a Freedom Fighter and protect the forest from Doctor Robotnik. Tried to dig a hole beneath an old stump so that I could retreat to my own “Knothole Village”. Didn’t get far, but boy was it fun. 15/10.
Dreamcast Sonic! (Adventure Sonic)! Boy oh boy, this guy was the BOMB! Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2 STILL are two of my favorite games. From the Chao Gardens, to the fun stages, to the absolutely unforgettable music, I think Sonic made a pretty decent transition into 3D. Open Your Heart, dudes. 11/10.
Boom Sonic. Is this the one everyone was waiting for? I sure hope so. I had lots of fun playing Sonic Boom. Yeah, it was glitchy, yeah, it was tough, but there was something incredibly charming about it. I don’t know if it was the character interactions, or the humor, or maybe it was the fact that I had someone else to play it with and it’s more enjoyable with a friend. Say what you want but I liked the game and I love the show. Boom Sonic is funny, relatable, and as always, cool. 10/10.
And last but certainly not least, Werehog Sonic. I love him with all my heart and can’t get enough of this hoggo. He’s not as fast as any of the other Sonics on this list, but his heart is just as big, if not bigger. He only looks scary!! He’s actually a big softie who loves his friends, just like any Sonic should. Sit, Stay, Roll into a ball. This Sonic is a Good Boy. 10000/10.
Annnnnnd there you have it! All the Sonics are good to me and they all have a special place in my heart. “But Nanite, what about Metal, Underground, Aosth, and Riders? What abou–” Hold up!! I intend to rate most of the Sonics I can think of, but I’ll be saving those guys for next time. Though something tells me we’ll come to a similar conclusion haha. Anyway, hope y’all liked the many Sonics! If you actually read to the end of this the surprise is that they’re all transparent and free to use!! Sonic gets a lot of flack, but hopefully this helps spread some positivity! Love ya, Sonic!! <3
“ ‘Cubitum eamus?’ ‘What?’ 'Nothing.’ He transferred the cigarette to his left hand and offered the right one to me. It was bony and soft-skinned as a teenage girl’s.”
“Boo,’ he said. We both jumped back. Francis smiled thinly, light glinting off his fraudulent pince-nez. Cigarette smoke curled from his nostrils.”
drives an old convertible Mustang very very carefully
“Good girl,’ said Francis, winding the bandages around the arch of her foot. Like most hypochondriacs, he had an oddly soothing bedside manner. 'Look at you. You didn’t even cry.’ 'It didn’t hurt that much.’ 'The hell it didn’t,’ Francis said. 'You were really brave.”
“Francis, barefoot and still in his bathrobe, stepped precariously over rocks and branches, balancing his glass of ginger ale. Once we got to the lake he waded in, up to his knees, and beckoned dramatically like Saint John the Baptist”
such a drama queen
“Francis sent me a six-page letter about how bored he felt, and how sick he was, and virtually everything he’d had to eat since I’d seen him last.”
he cooks fancy elaborate meals for his friends
“this man was not Voltaire we killed. But still. It’s a shame. I feel bad about it.”
very good kisser even if NO ONE APPRECIATES IT
tastes like tea and cigarettes
dresses like a victorian age fashion icon
that scene where he sits on a windowsill and drunkenly eats maraschino cherries at 6 am
“Somebody – one of those damned toddlers, I guess – got my favorite scarf off the bed and wrapped up part of a chicken leg in it. That nice silk one with the pattern of clocks on it. It’s just ruined.”
has a bad habit of burning furniture with his forgotten cigarettes
signed his suicide letter with “Cheerily, Francis”
Hey :). I'm new to the fandom, and I was wondering if you could recommend some Thor/Loki fics, perhaps the more popular ones? Thanks lovely!
HELLO. :D This is a perfect excuse for what I’ve been meaning to do! If you’re new to fandom, I imagine it’s pretty hard to navigate your way through all the massive backlog the fandom has–there are SO MANY brilliant fics in this fandom and I would love to shove every single one of them at people, but I’m going to limit myself to my Five Ten Fics I Would Recommend To Any New Fans, that this is a list specifically for ones I think would be good at luring new people in and cementing them here with us or else for more casual fans who might just have a passing itch they want to scratch, rather than a deep dive!
→ No Such Liberty by Xparrot, thor & loki + other asgardians + avengers + thanos, action fic, redemption fic, 147k Thor takes Loki back to Asgard in chains, but this does not mean that the god of mischief’s schemes are ended, or that Thor has or ever will give up on his brother. But when Thanos threatens the realm to claim his lost prizes, on which side will Loki fall?
It’s very easy to read Thorki into this fic–the author is very much a shipper and Thorki is their OTP–so I’m recommending it despite that it’s a genfic, but more importantly it’s brilliant Thor and Loki characterization, it’s brilliant worldbuilding, and the emotional moments made me cry like three separate times. This fic spoiled me for Thor fic in the fandom, but it’s absolutely and utterly worth it.
→ Bedding the Wolf by leonidaslion, thor/loki + implied background thor/sif, NSFW, hard dub-con, 13.4k If Sif thinks she’s going to get away with wedding Loki’s idiot brother, then she’s sorely mistaken…
OR Thor is smarter than Loki thinks he is.
This is one of the first NSFW Thorki fics I ever read and it set the tone for me in fandom, where Loki thinks he’s this genius manipulator, but is not actually as smart as he thinks he is and Thor knows that he needs a heavy hand to deal with him. It’s more dub-con than some might prefer, but if you’re all right with that, it’s one I return to again and again to reread.
→ My Love Is Like To Ice, And I To Fire by amberfox17, thor/loki, NSFW, jotunn!loki, intersex!loki, 9k Post-Avengers, Thor brings Loki to face Odin’s decree: he is stripped of his magic and confined to the palace but his true punishment is to be disowned and forced into his jotun form. Thor begins the slow process of trying to repair his relationship with Loki, and along the way discovers five new things about the jotun and one about himself.
Anything by Amber is absolutely worth reading (I also love this one and this one and
Wild Ambition Fortune’s Ice Prefers is a massive AU fic with incredible worldbuilding for Jotunheim and a complicated relationship between them), but I think this one is a great first place to start. Amber writes brilliantly and choosing one is impossible (seriously, just fling yourself at all their fics!) but if I had to, I’m picking this one because it has a special place in my heart.
→ Covenant by RobotSquid, thor/loki + others, NSFW, intersex!loki, dealing-with-being-jotunn!loki, 72.9k
Frost Giants are ugly, cruel, and malicious creatures. Thor has always known this to be true. So then how can Loki, his beloved little brother, be one of them?
I’m biased because this was a birthday present for me, except, no, shit, it’s legitimately one of the best fics I’ve read in the fandom! It’s a Loki-focused piece, but all the characters around him are well characterized, Thor is spot on in the background and when he’s with Loki, and it does a gorgeous job of worldbuilding for Jotunheim and the growing relationship between the two characters. This fic saved me at a time when I was feeling burnt out on the fandom and single-handedly revived me, so it’s a forever fave for me.
→ Shadow Plays by dreamlittleyo, thor/loki, NSFW, time loop, dub con, 24.4k In which Thor lives a single day more times than he can count, and Loki doesn’t know how to fix it.
dreamlittleyo is one of the authors that was writing early on in the fandom and they’re classics, so I have a ton of nostalgia for them and Shadow Plays is one of the first that I read that gave me so much of what I wanted, strong Thor characterization, messy and manipulative Loki, Thor seeing through that, and a rough edge to them with hope for something better.
→ If You Built Yourself a Myth by cavaleira, thor/loki, NSFW, 27k A magical artifact causes Thor’s elemental powers to backfire and overload him, leaving him comatose and barely holding on as the power consumes him. Loki is the only one who can stop it, by going inside Thor’s mind and helping him master the power once more. Loki must find his way through Thor’s memories in a desperate bid to find the real Thor amongst the chaos before it’s too late.
cavaleira has written many good fics (I’m also still very much in love with the King!Thor/Prostitute!Jotunn!Loki AU!) but this one is my favorite, where Thor is put into a magical coma and Loki has to wade into it to save his brother and face up to what Thor really wants from him, that he can’t deny that Thor actually does love him. And the ending is just absolutely perfect.
Miscellanies by karuvapatta, thor/loki, NSFW, various, 15.3k This is a repost of my tumblr ficlets, which are largely unrelated. Tags do not apply to every chapter.
Honestly, I could not pick just one of karuvapatta’s fics, they’re ALL worth reading, but this collection has a ton of ones that I remember reading and falling in love with–they’re another author who clearly loves both characters, writes beautifully, and has that weight to the characters’ presence in a room that I love.
In the Grip of Grace by proantagonist, thor/loki & odin & frigga & avengers, NSFW, 90k
When Loki learns the truth of his heritage, he quietly leaves Asgard behind. The search for the lost prince continues for nearly a year until Odin hires a professional tracker to find him, sending Thor along on the hunt to ensure Loki’s safe return. They locate him on Midgard, living on his own in a run down apartment—depressed, weakened, and trying very hard to disappear.
While Bargaining is my very favorite of their work (I CRIED LIKE THREE TIMES READING THAT FIC, it’s a genfic and more about Loki and all his relationships, not just Thorki, so I’m picking this one instead. proantagonist’s work is gorgeous, the kind that sweeps you up and engages you and is absolutely a must-read.
→ The Sound of Letting Go by Velvedere, thor/loki + background characters, mildly nsfw, 35k He was going to do it. Thor knew he was going to do it. He had seen that look before. That look echoed across a childhood of stolen nights and broken trespasses. Of dangers fought, revisited, and conquered. It was the look in Loki’s eyes when he’d made up his mind.
I am ALWAYS AND FOREVER a sucker for “Thor jumps after Loki and everything changes” fic (Flowers on the Sand is another great one, though, there’s less of the kissing type of resolution, but still a lot of great worldbuilding!) and this one is great–where there’s other Realms and worlds and culture and plot, but also Thor trying to understand Loki, understand what happened while he was gone, and the slow burn of them finding their way back to each other.
→ Black is the color by cunninglingus, thor/loki, NSFW, heavy dub-con, intersex!loki, rough sex, pregnant!loki, manipulative loki, size kink, 53.3k “Have you not thought about what it would be like to mount me?” Loki goes on in that mercilessly sinful voice. “About what is between my legs, now that I am unable to work my glamour to disguise my malformation?”
There’s a reason intersex!pregnant!Loki tropes have become super popular in fandom and it’s because so many of the fics are SO MUCH FUN and so sharp and hilarious in the right moments and hitting our ids at just the right places. It has such a sharp and brittle and manipulative Loki, while also a good slow burn towards bringing him back around and also a whole lot of ridiculously hot sex.
Oh, could you tell me which drarry fanfics are your favourite? (sorry for bothering you if you already have in the past)
OF COURSE I CAN, I am always down to spread some Drarry love around (╯✧∇✧)╯〜♡
(and it’s never a bother for me to rec fics, you needn’t apologize!)
Sara Holmes’ stuff is what first got me hooked on Drarry, I have read literally everything Drarry she has written; unfortunately her fanfiction.net account was hacked awhile ago and all her fics were deleted, and I don’t think she’s uploaded the entirety of her HP oeuvre to AO3 yet, which hugely sucks for me because I sincerely love her stuff and love re-reading it from time to time. I think Mental is her big classic (it’s also the piece that converted me to Drarry in one fell swoop)
Cheryl Dyson’s stuff is just super super cute, I’ve read and re-read p much her entire body of work to kind of an obsessive degree (●´□`)♡
Saras_Girl writes amaaazingly intricate worlds that feel super organic, with characters that feel extremely well-rounded with a lot of nuance and dimension. Her stuff can get long, but it’s always worth it! Turn and All Life is Yours to Miss are absolutely amazing, and I’m really looking forward to re-reading them whenever I have free time ;u; her Turn!verse has one of my favorite written Ginny’s, and the way Saras_Girl writes Ginny’s divorce with Harry is just so beautifully heartfelt and sympathetic; she does an amazing job of writing both Harry and Ginny as two people who still care for each other, and are trying their best to be happy, and also to be happy for each other.
who_la_hoop’s stuff is always gold, I love her sense of humor and her style of writing; her dialogue and banter never fails to make me actually laugh out loud. Hot and Cold has some of my favorite lines uttered by a snarky!Draco, and her fic Tea and No Sympathy is probably my current favorite Drarry fic for how beautifully written, well-paced, funny, heartwarming, and downright adorable it is. Also, her Draco in that one is just so beautifully crafted with all his nuances and flaws, and the way he grows as a character throughout the story is like watching a flower blossom (*꒦ິㅿ꒦ີ)
(Also, I just finished reading Written on the Heart a day or two ago and it’s a really satisfying slow burn 8th year fic with lots of banter and interhouse Slytherin friendships (which is my favorite (๑ˊ͈ ॢꇴ ˋ͈)〜♡॰ॱ ), with probably my absolute favorite iteration of Blaise)
(I intend to do so much fanart of who_la_hoop’s version of Blaise in the future, haha)
Lettered’s The Boy Who Only Lived Twice is another favorite of mine, though I haven’t reread it in awhile (I’m waiting for more time to pass so I can have a fresher read because I am a dork like that)
birdsofshore is another author I really love, she just has such a way with words and so much style in her writing! She can switch moods at the drop of a dime in a really skillful, cohesive manner that makes her writing really fun to read. I just finished Aural Gratification and it’s so tongue-in-cheek that I couldn’t stop laughing p much the entire time I was reading it
zeitgeistic writes the theory behind how magic works amaaazingly, she puts so much thought into it and makes it so fascinating and tangible. Azoth is an amazing read for this and really makes you appreciate just how much potential there is in the HP universe for developing the inner workings of magic and how much life that can bring to a story.
firethesound’sA Convenient Impracticality I also love a ton, I am a huge sucker for Harry and Draco hooking up while being too emotionally stupid to know what they mean to each other, causing all kinds of misunderstandings that leads to convoluted scheming (I am actually on the lookout for more fics like that if anyone has some good recs (•‾⌣‾•)و ̑̑♡)
Also Kreacher and Harry’s relationship in this might just be my favorite thing ever??? I would happily read a 200k+ gen fic just about firethesound’s Harry and Kreacher escalating their passive aggressive shenanigans to really ridiculous levels.
..Um, I’m probably going to stop here because this post is getting way too long, haha. This is by no means a comprehensive list of Drarry that I think is worth reading!! It’s really only the tip of the iceberg and just what I can remember immediately off the top of my head because these are the fics I’ve most recently re-read; I actually feel really guilty because I know I am for sure forgetting some pretty amazing authors who have played a huge part in permanently shaping my own headcanons for Draco and Harry. u____u;;
I also tend to gravitate towards happy fluff so the majority of this list is fics with gooey happy endings, but Drarry is also a great vehicle for hurt/comfort/darker fic, and there’s some really stellar stuff out there in that vein. @capiturecs (who is an absolute saint) has an amazingly detailed drarry rec list that’s sorted by genre / subject / word count / etc. ; I reference it whenever I’m looking for something new to read but don’t know where to start looking!
I hope this was helpful! Have fun going on a nutso Drarry binge where days of your life inexorably slip by in blurry haze that you emerge from in a grizzled stupor (⋈◍＞◡＜◍)
*✧ ✰ ｡*
The more chapters a fic has, the MORE YOU NEED TO COMMENT.
I’m looking at all these fics with lots of kudos, lots of hits, lots of subscriptions I’m sure, and then *crickets* at an update. IF THERE ARE SAY 100 PEOPLE SUBSCRIBED, WHY ARE THERE ONLY TWO COMMENTS?? Let’s say only 10% of the people still read it. That’s ten comments that should be there.
Too shy or worried or blah to comment? Here’s some copypastes for you:
I love this chapter so much.
I love reading this fic.
I think about this fic a lot.
It makes me happy when I see there is an update.
This story is so intense and well-written.
I’ve been following since the beginning and it’s better than I imagined.
I’ve fallen in love with your characterization.
*quote your favorite part* This is my favorite!
This fic made me think about a lot of things.
I’ve learned some things about myself reading this story.
This is my favorite fic of all time.
I reread this all the time.
This is absolutely delectable and I love it.
Use one! Use all! There are endless possibilities! Don’t feel pressured to write an essay. Just say that you are still here and you’re happy!
It would be preferable for you not to say
Can’t wait for the next chapter!
It’s ok when combined with other things, but if that’s all you say…..? We’re looking for love on the hard work we just posted
When you post your first chapter/oneshot, you worry: “Is anyone reading it? Does anyone like it? PLease someone, anyone!?” and you wait for people to come into your space.
When you post your Xth chapter, you already know that people are reading it, there’s already a crowd gathered. Even if it’s only a few people, you know that they are there. “Does no one like it? What’s going on? What happened? Everyone loved it before?? I thought?? Did I mess up?”
NOT COMMENTING ON A MULTI-CHAPTER FIC IS LIKE GOING TO THE THEATRE AND NOT CLAPPING BETWEEN SCENES. LIKE THERE IS NO APPLAUSE AT INTERMISSION.