Luck Amulet Charm
Description: A charm to bring good luck to the wearer
What you’ll need:
- Glass bottle charms
- Stove top
- 2-3 cups of water
- Pinch or two of whole cloves
1-2 sticks of cinnamon
1 orange or clementine (sliced)
Pinch of salt
Pinch of turmeric
Some small citrine stones
- Optional: A small luck charm of your choice
How to make:
Add the water, cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon sticks, and orange/clementine slices to the pot and bring it to a boil.
Once at a boil, drop the heat to low and allow the mixture to simmer for at least an hour.
3. After letting it simmer for some time, remove from heat and allow the mixture to cool completely. It is important that the mixture is cooled or you risk cracking the glass bottle.
4. Use a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth to strain out the liquid. Set the cloves and cinnamon stick aside, you will need them later.
5. Take some of the liquid, enough to fill your charm bottles, and stir in the turmeric for color.
6. Take the funnel and carefully transfer the liquid into bottles.
7. Add 1-2 cloves, 1-2 small citrine stones, and a small sliver of cinnamon bark to the bottle and seal it. Note: The cinnamon bark will now be rubbery and easily cut with scissors.
8. Optional: Add your luck charm to the bottle
Note: The liquid in the bottle most likely will darken over time. This is due to the cinnamon bark and cloves releasing tannins into the mixture.