50 Pretty Words
I think I’d like to spend a life collecting beautiful words, like a magpie collects shiny things. So here’s 50 of them.
1) STELLIFEROUS: having or abounding with stars.
2) AEONIAN: eternal or everlasting.
3) JOCUND: marked by or suggestive of high spirits and lively mirthfulness.
4) IRENIC: tending to promote peace or reconciliation.
5) WEIRD: relating to, or caused by, witchcraft or the supernatural.
6) ETHEREAL: extremely delicate and light in a way that seems not to be of this world.
7) AMARANTHINE: immortal and everlasting beauty.
8) ANGELIC: (of a person) exceptionally beautiful, innocent, or kind.
9) KINESICS: a systematic study of the relationship between non-linguistic body motions (such as blushes, shrugs or eye movement) and communication.
10) EPOCH: a particular time in history or a person’s life.
11) HALYCON: defining a period of time characterised at idyllic, haooy and peaceful.
12) VIGNETTE: a picture that shades off gradually into the surrounding paper.
13) KOMOREBI: sunlight filtering through trees.
14) SYBARITIC: characterised by or loving luxury or sensuous pleasure.
15) LABYRINTHINE: twisting and turning.
16) INTERNECINE: mutually destructive.
17) FRISSON: an intense moment of excitement.
18) EPHEMERAL: lasting a very short time.
19) APOSIOPESIS: a sudden breaking off in the midst of a sentence, as if from inability or unwillingness to continue.
20) DULCET: sweet, sugary.
21) SOLILOQUY: the act of talking to oneself.
22) OPULENT: lush, luxuriant.
23) CRYOPHILIC: preferring or thriving at low temperatures.
24) ZEPHYR: a gentle breeze.
25) SUSURROUS: whispering, hissing.
26) PULCHRITUDE: physical comeliness.
27) DESIDERATA: things wanted or needed.
28) EPIPHANY: a sudden revelation.
29) SCINTILLA: a spark or very small thing.
30) LISSOME: slender and graceful.
31) ALPENGLOW: the reddish glow often seen at the top of a mountain just before sunrise or just after sunset.
32) INCANDESCENCE: light produced by high temperatures.
33) HALE: free from defect or disease.
34) EFFERVESCENCE: bubbles in a liquid.
35) AMATIVE: disposed to love.
36) PASTICHE: an art work combining materials from various sources.
37) LILT: to move musically or lively.
38) NIMIETY: excess or overabundance.
39) QUANTAL: of, relating to, or having only two experimental alternatives (such as all or nothing, dead or alive).
40) HIRAETH: a homesickness for a home you cannot return to, or that never was.
41) INTERSTITIAL: pertaining to, situated in, or forming small or narrow spaces or intervals between things.
42) EFFLORESCENCE: flowering, blooming.
43) PARAPRAXIS: a slip of the tongue or pen that reveals unconscious wishes or attitudes.
44) LOQUACIOUS: talking or tending to talk much or freely.
45) INFATUATION: an intense but short-lived passion or admiration for someone or something.
46) CUPIDITY: eager or excessive desire.
47) CELESTIAL: positioned in or relating to the sky, or outer space as observed in astronomy.
48) SUPERCILIOUS: a person or facial expression which expresses disdain or contempt.
49) SYLVAN: relating to, or inhabiting the woods.
50) INEFFABLE: too great to be expressed in words.