what advice do you have in writing people of different cultures, mental state, sexuality and gender (principally aroace and trans/nb?
1. Research a variety of aspects using a variety of sources
2. Ask people who are a different religion, race, etc than you questions
3. Ask if someone can be your sensitivity reader
4. Look for betas of that culture, gender, etc.
5. Stay updated on current events that relate to the topic
6. Be very conscious of the controversial
@writingwithcolor is a good resource for writing different races and cultures
@scriptlgbt could help with writing different sexualties and genders
@scriptshrink is a good resource for writing characters with mental ilnesses
If any of my followers know blogs like the above or other resources for diversity, please mention them in the comments!
Also, if you are aro/ace and/or trans/nb and are open to questions, drop a comment :)