1. we would miss you.
2. it’s not worth the regret. either by yourself if you failed or just simply left scars, or the regret everyone else feels by not doing enough to help you.
3. it does get better. believe it or not it will eventually get better. sometimes you have to go through the storm to get to the rainbow.
4. there’s so much you would miss out on doing.
5. there is always a reason to live. it might not be clear right now, but it is always there.
6. so many people care, and it would hurt them if you hurt yourself.
7. you ARE worth it. don’t let anyone, especially yourself, tell you otherwise.
8. you are amazing.
9. a time will come, once you’ve battled the toughest times of your life and are in ease once again, where you will be so glad that you decided to keep on living. you will emerge stronger from this all, and won’t regret your choice to carry on with life. because things always get better.
10. what about all the things you’ve always wanted to do? what about the things you’ve planned, but never got around to doing? you can’t do them when you’re dead.
11. i love you. even if only one person loves you, that’s still a reason to stay alive.
12. you won’t be able to listen to music if you die.
13. killing yourself is never worth it. you’ll hurt both yourself and all the people you care about.
14. there are so many people that would miss you, including me.
15. you’re preventing a future generation, YOUR KIDS, from even being born.
16. how do you think your family would feel? would it improve their lives if you died?
17. you’re gorgeous, amazing, and to someone you are perfect.
18. think about your favourite music artist, you’ll never hear their voice again.
19. you’ll never have the feeling of walking into a warm building on a cold day
20. listening to incredibly loud music.
21. being alive is just really good.
22. not being alive is really bad.
23. finding your soulmate.
24. red pandas
25. going to diners at three in the morning.
26. really soft pillows.
27. eating pizza in neww york city.
28. proving people wrong with your success.
29. watching the jerks that doubted you fail at life.
30. seeing someone trip over a garbage can.
31. being able to help other people.
33. sitting on rooftops.
34. sweing every single country in the world.
35. going on roadtrips.
36. you might win the lottery someday.
37. listening to music on a record player.
38. going to the top of the eiffel tower.
39. taking really cool pictures.
40. literally meeting thousands of new people.
41. hearing crazy stories.
42. telling crazy stories.
43. eating ice cream on a hot day.
44. more harry potter books could come out, you never know.
45. travelling to another planet someday.
46. having an underwater house.
47. randomly running into your hero on the street.
48. having your own room at a fancy hotel.
50. think about your favourite movie, you’ll never watch it again.
51. think about the feeling of laughing out loud in a public place because your best friend has just sent you an inside joke.
52. tour survival will make the world better, even if it’s for just one person or 20 or 100 or more.
53. people do care.
55. hanging out with your soul mate in a treehouse.
55. snorting when you laugh and not caring who sees.
56. i don’t even know you and i love you.
57. i don’t even know you and i care about you.
58. because nobody is going to be like you ever, so embrace your uniqueness!
59. you won’t be here to experience the first cat world emperor.
60. WHAT ABOUT FOOD?! YOU’LL MISS CHOCOLATE AND ALL THE OTHER NOM THINGS!
64. you have a purpose, and it’s up to you to find out what it is.
65. you’ve changed somebody’s life.
66. now you could change the world.
67. you will meet the person that’s perfect for you.
68. no matter how much or how little, you have your life ahead of you.
69. you have the chance to save somebody’s life.
70. if you end your life, you’re stopping yourself from achieving great things.
71. making snow angels.
72. making snowmen.
73. snowball fights.
74. life is what you make of it.
75. everybody has a talent.
76. laughing until you cry.
77. having the ability to be sad means you have the ability to be happy.
78. the world would not be the same if you didn’t exist.
79.its possible to turn frowns, upside down
80. be yourself, don’t take anyone’s sh*t, and never let them take you alive.
81. heroes are ordinary people who make themselves extraordinary. be your own hero.
82. heing happy doesn’t mean that everything is perfect. it means that you’ve decided to look beyond the imperfections.
83. one day your smile will be real.
84. having a really hot, relaxing bath after a stressful day.
85. lying on grass and laughing at the clouds.
86. getting completely smashed with your best friends.
87. eating crazy food.
88. staying up all night watching your favourite films with a loved one.
89. sleeping in all day.
90. creating something you’re proud of.
91. you can look back on yourself 70 years later and being proud you didn’t commit.
92. being able to meet your internet friends!
93. tea/coffee/hot chocolate.
94. team starkid.
95. cuddling under the stars.
96. being stupid in public because you just can.
97. if you are reading this then you are alive! is there any more reason to smile?
98. being able to hug that one person you havent seen in years.
99. people care enough about you and your future to come up with 100 reasons for you not to do this.
100. but, the final and most important one is, just, being able to experience life. because even if your life doesn’t seem so great right now, literally anything could happen!
written for: @brightki [merry early xmas!!!!! i love you etc
It’s corporate tax season, so it takes Hermione a couple of days to notice that something has gone terribly wrong.
“Max,” she says slowly, staring at the crayon-smeared drawing stuck to the front of the refrigerator. It’s new. The drawing, not the refrigerator. The refrigerator has a ten-year manufacturer’s warranty. The refrigerator is not the problem. “Max, what is…where did you…is that a hockey stick?”
Max pokes at a tepid strip of grilled chicken with the blunted tines of his baby blue spork. His nose is scrunched up in disgust, and he keeps glancing at the cookie jar on the counter with transparently calculated longing.
“Yes,” he finally says, swinging his legs. “We played with Scorpion’s daddy.”
“Scorpius,” Hermione automatically corrects, even as she inwardly sneers. Scorpius. Honestly. Why not just tack on an –aiden at the end and be done with it? “You played with Scorpius’s daddy.” She blinks. “Wait. What?”
Max shrugs. “I shot a fuck.”
“Puck,” Hermione bleats, dropping her spoon into her own bowl of meticulously fluffed quinoa. “You shot a puck, sweetheart.”
“Puck,” Max repeats dutifully, leaning forward to slurp at his chocolate milk. “I love hockey.”
“What? Since when?”
“Scorpion’s daddy plays hockey on TV.”
“I…yes, I know,” Hermione says, dumbfounded and more than a little appalled. “Believe me, sweetheart, everyone knows. Did he—so, he came to your school? To play…hockey?”
“My stick was red,” Max replies sagely. “I love red.”
Hermione’s nostrils flare as she reaches for her wine glass. “Oh, yeah?” She swallows an enormous gulp of Chardonnay and furiously tries to remember the name of the Netflix documentary about concussion rates in youth contact sports. “And what color was your helmet? Was that red, too?”
Max sniffs and puffs his cheeks out, flipping a carrot medallion around and around the edge of his plate. His eyes are big and brown and utterly without mercy as he twists in his chair to look expectantly at the cookie jar.
I JUST REALIZED while rambling about what I want Steve to be doing between Civil War and Infinity War
(reclaiming his autonomy over his body, including growing a beard. reclaiming his autonomy over his beliefs and convictions. standing up for marginalized groups by attending protests and rallies and metaphorically punching the trump administration in the face [maybe literally too]. and just being the epitome of Steve Rogers ‘fight me’ and recklessness in doing the right thing + embracing who he is post-Cap.
AND relearning how to have fun, and relax. etc)
THAT IT’S GOING TO BE COMMON KNOWLEDGE THAT
1. THE WINTER SOLDIER IS BUCKY BARNES
2. CAPTAIN AMERICA DIDN’T SIGN THE ACCORDS + LEFT BEHIND BEING CAPTAIN AMERICA
BUCKY BARNES aka THE WINTER SOLDIER
and it struck me while I was thinking about it in the context of someone having a conversation with Steve about him questioning his sexuality that based on what the public was told Steve leaving the Avengers BECAUSE of Bucky might be a very, very obvious conclusion for people to make.
tl;dr common perception post Civil War is probably leaning towards Captain America being gay as fuckbetraying America for TWS leaving the Avengers for Bucky.
Starbucks… Such an interesting experience. […] It’s weird, I think what happened was, because of traveling so much, I would always- Maybe that is the good thing about it. Sometimes it’s nice to see something you recognize in a very obscure, different place. And you go, ‘Oh, right, I know that! At least I know that.’ That’s why I go there all the time. Iced coffee.
Not sure if you really like the name you’ve chosen for yourself?
Use it when the barista at Starbucks asks for your name.
This is what I recommend to any trans*/nb person (or just anyone who wants to change their name).
The biggest problem for me when changing my name was it felt like I was betraying my parents. It felt wrong at first, because my parents had chosen my other name, and now here I was replacing it. Of course, a few friends of mine used my new name, but it just felt like a nickname.
So one day I gave the name Ashton to the barista. I was with some friends who don’t know about my gender identity, so I got a weird look, but it didn’t even come up in conversation later. That was the first huge sigh of relief. The second came when the barista called out my drink. I got up and took it like usual, but then I stopped. It didn’t even cross my mind that that wasn’t the name I was used to hearing. It just felt natural.
So if you’re unsure about your preferred name, treat yourself to some Starbucks.
(NOTE: This can apply to anyone who wants to change their name, they don’t have to be a member of the LGBTQA+ community)
What if James thought he was doodling on a scrap piece of paper and not the exam itself until a day later when he realizes and he's like OH MY GOD THE MINISTRY KNOWS I FANCY EVANS
“Merlin Prongs, calm down,” grumbles Sirius, trying to get him to shut up so that he could read his magazine in peace. Meanwhile James looks to be two seconds from tearing out his hair, wearing a hole in the floor with his pacing.
“Calm down?” he says shrilly, voice cracking, “How do you expect me to calm down when I basically wrote ‘Mrs Lily Potter’ across my OWL papers?”
“I thought you’d be taking her name.”
With an overly dramatic huff, Sirius throws his magazine off to the side, swinging his feet over the edge of the bed. Taking him by the shoulders he says, “Would you relax; you’re acting like it’s some huge shock for people to know that you fancy Evans.”
“Because it is,” James insists, slumping forward. “No one was supposed to know until I made a move.”
Sirius just stares at him for a moment, trying to discern whether or not he was joking. Finally, he says, “Mate, I don’t think there’s anyone out there who doesn’t know that you’re halfway in love with Lily Evans. Babies probably know and they don’t even have object permanence.”
He pouts sullenly, crossing his arms. “Evans doesn’t know.”
“You literally just asked her out in front of the whole school,” he tells him, eyebrows rising higher. “Seriously. Like half an ago. Snivellous called her that wretched word and she’s probably coming up with ways to chop off your balls and feed it to the giant squid. Have you been confounded?”
James suddenly goes very quiet and very pale, his eyes widening comically behind his glasses. He stumbles backward into Peter’s bed, wiping a hand down his face and knocking his glasses askew.
“Oh Merlin,” he whimpers, his voice barely above a whisper, “I just asked out Lily Evans.”
Sirius just groans, flopping back onto his bed and seriously contemplating sending a strong silencio his best mate’s way.