- Colin Kaepernick isn’t done taking a stand for what he believes is right.
- After the White House unveiled a budget proposal calling for funding cuts that could hurt Meals on Wheels, the free-agent quarterback donated $50,000 to the cause.
- The gift to Meals on Wheels, a national organization dedicated to fighting hunger and feelings of isolation among seniors, is the latest in a series of socially conscious donations made by the star athlete.
- Following his promise to kneel during “The Star-Spangled Banner” to call out police brutality in communities of color, Kaepernick also pledged to donate $1 million of his annual salary to charity.
- Meals on Wheels thanked Kaepernick via Twitter on Tuesday. Read more (3/22/17 12:14 PM)