Bones headcanons (2)
• Bones has a ring on his pinky finger. It’s a memento from his mother and he never removes it. Mccoy never explained it so, it started many rumors within the crew such as a romantic relationship (Sulu started a betting pool) and even Kirk has to admit he doesn’t know the truth about it. Bones’ a tease and neither approves nor denies their hypotheses.
• It isn’t the only jewelry piece he owns. Actually he has two more rings: an imposing silver one from his father and a thinner golden one from his ex-wife. He also wears, more often than not, an old-fashioned watch that Jim got him when they were at the academy. Finally, he wears a light necklace underneath his uniform that he’s been given by Spock. He doesn’t know why the Vulcan gave him such a gift nor why he wears it but he finds its presence appeasing not that he would ever tell the hobgoblin.
• Bones is one of those persons who are always cold so after some malfunction in the temperature control unit, he comes to sickbay with a turtleneck sweater under his uniform. It left both Jim and Spock open-mouthed because god, Mccoy looks freaking good.
• Bones isn’t really a good cook. Sure, he can cook some damn Spaghettis but… let’s just say he had to change his oven three or four times. He’s also infamous for his burned-like-they-were-baked-in-hell cookies. So, before he went on the USS Entreprise, Joanna kept cooking meals for him that he could bring back home. She wasn’t the best either but that didn’t stop Leonard from proudly showing his lunch to everyone that passed by.
• Leonard kept a list of all the times Spock said he made a mistake just so that he could use it one day and shut the damn hobgoblin’s mouth for once. It backfired.
• When he joined Starfleet, Mccoy bought a small apartment downtown. It’s small but cozy. There’s only one room but the sofa can turn into a bed when he needs it to be so it’s fine when Jim storms in or when he’s lucky enough to see his daughter. When he left, he gave one key to Joanna and one to Jim. At some point in their five years’ mission, he gave one to Spock too.
• Bones isn’t very gifted in learning new languages but he, at least, knows the basics: all of the most utilized curses and how to order a drink. Most of the senior crew find it funny (Jim thinks it’s hilarious) until it came handy and pretty much saved everyone’s sorry asses.