You hadn’t hesitated, not once. Not for your friends, not now, not ever. You’d done it for them. Done it to help Bill, to help Richie and Eddie, and Beverly, Ben, Mike, Stan. All of them.
But it seemed, now in this moment, they didn’t care.
“Open the door!” You screamed, “please! Please!” Your hands banged ruthlessly against the wooden door, trying everything to get it open. But no matter how hard you tried, it just wouldn’t budge. “Guys, please. Open the door!” You weren’t sure if it was them or someone else, but the door had shut on it’s own and now you couldn’t get it open again.
“Why would we open it?” A gasp escaped your lips, spinning around too fast for your own pace as Richie’s voice echoed around you. Smacking your back against the bedroom door behind you, you tried to look for someone through the thick darkness. “Why would want to ever open it?”
“R-Richie?” You called out, a tinge of hesitancy in your voice. “Are you there?” You asked, your fingernails scratching against the wood. You barely noticed the pain you caused yourself in the midst of your panic. Barely noticed the eery sound you made as the wood was scratched.
“You’re nothing.” A different voice. Bill.
“You’ve never been anything.” Beverly.
“And now, you’ll never be something.” Eddie.
“I-I… i don’t understand.” You whimpered, finding yourself at a lost of words. You couldn’t see anything, it was only dark and black and nothing. There was no light, there wasn’t anything to see. How could they be speaking to you? When a moment ago they’d been outside the door you were now separated by. “It isn’t real. It isn’t real. It’s not real!” You repeated, over and over.
“Not real?” Ben.
“Why wouldn’t this be real?” Mike.
“When we finally have the chance to get rid of you?” Stan.
“No.” You whispered, shaking your head. None of this made any sense! “No! No!”
“No?” Then suddenly, the lights flipped on and you could see everything. Your friends stood before you in a line, all disfigured and bloodied. You cringed at the sight, pressing yourself as tight as you could against the wall though it did nothing. Closing your eyes, you tried to stop your frantic breathing but it was useless, as your sobs slipped past. “Why no?” Bill asked, tilting his head in an unnatural way.
“Afraid?” Eddie smiled. “You’re never afraid.”
“Don’t tell me…” Beverly started, her hand against her chest; “you’re afraid of us?”
“But isn’t this not real?” Ben reminded, and you watched with wide eyes.
“Or… is it?” Mike asked, and you felt your knees quake beneath you.
“Oh, it’s real.” Stan declared. You let out a whimper, hitting the back of your head against the door. “Your fear, I can smell it. It’s always been real.” Stan’s voice grew out of tone, as if it wasn’t him.
“Aren’t you afraid, Y/N?” Richie asked, stepping through the rest and making his presence known as he stood in the middle. Though, the second you blinked your eyes, it was no longer Richie and no longer did your friends stand there. Instead, stood IT.
Letting out a scream, you spun around, your hands coming up to bang on the door and jiggle the knob. “Let me out! Open the door!”
“Get the fucking door open!” Richie screamed, and it took you half a second to realize that it was him, behind the door. Had he been there the entire time? “I’m trying!” Stan yelled, and you felt the doorknob move beneath your grip. Had they been there the entire time?
“Time to play, Y/N.” You felt your heart spike at IT’s voice, and when you turned your head he was running at you. His speed was alarming but you only turned back to the door, yanking desperately.
“Hang o-on Y/N!”
“Please!” You screamed, “please!”
You felt your body fall forward and wind rush through your hair, just as IT’s hands grazed your back. Though before your body could fall against the harsh ground you felt hands grab you. In your panic-stricken mind, you let out a blood-curling scream and you fought the grip, believing it to be IT. “Don’t touch me!”
“Y/N! Y/N!” A voice called and there were hands on your face, but you couldn’t focus. Your mind was running wild. “It’s Stan, Y/N! It’s okay, it’s okay!” Blinking, you felt your vision focus on what was before you; Stan. And then you saw Bill, and Eddie and Richie and…
“You left me!” Was the first thing that left your lips, in a shrill high-pitched tone. “You left me! You wouldn’t open the door!”
“No, no, Y/N. W-We tried to get the door open, it wouldn’t- wouldn’t-” Richie tried to explain, his own words running over one another. “We wouldn’t leave you.” He finished at last. But your mind was too wild, too gone for you to listen and instead you only continued to sob.
“Where’s the rest?” Eddie asked aloud, looking past your bedroom hallway. “Get in here!”
“W-We would never… Y-Y/N we tried. T-That has to count for something.” Bill explained in a haste, holding onto you as he’d been the one to catch you as you fell. You heard footsteps, many footsteps and you flinched until you saw it was only the rest of your friends. Beverly, Ben, Mike…
“You wouldn’t open the door…” You breathed, your voice suddenly a lot quieter. “You said I was nothing.”
“We tried.” Stan shook his head, gripping your face with force so you could focus on what was in front of you.
“I-It wasn’t real…” Bill panted.
Beverly fell before you and she smiled much like before, but this time it was kind. “You’d never be nothing to us.” She soothed, her hand coming out to grab yours.
“Y-Yeah, you’re too hot to forget.” Richie laughed, and you let out a small chuckle yourself. Evening out your breathing, your eyes found your bedroom and the scratches against the door, the scratches you made. That wasn’t fake… but the rest had been.
Falling into Stan, you pulled Mike into you and the rest followed.
It wasn’t real.
Or was it?
i’m not sure what this is, it’s bit more… much that my usual stories. But i thought this’d be interesting to write, please let me know what you thought! It could even be a series, I don’t know, lol. Just let me know!
- After that, as the school year went on, the group he hung around clicked into place and you were happy to be part of it.
- Bill, Stan and Eddie were confused at why you and Richie suddenly liked each other, but they grew to like you too.
- Sass competitions. All the time.
- Getting Richie out of trouble is your job, usually.
- “WHAT HAPPENED?”
- *Richie, with his heavily ruffled hair, bleeding lip and bruised EVERYTHING.* “I ran into a lamp post?”
- *You raise an eyebrow*
- “…You know how Patrick Hockstetter always brings vodka to school?”
- “Please no.”
- “I may or may not have replaced it with vinegar. And bug replant.”
- “I…I can’t even complain that sounds amazing.”
- Stealing wearing his glasses.
- He acts pissed off but secretly thinks it’s kinda hot.
- You help him when his mom having an episode, which happens a lot. Richie actually likes spending the night at your house because:
+ Movie nights™
+ Cuddles for hours
+ Junk food for days
+ Kissing sometimes gets heated, in the best way
+ You randomly boop his nose because fuck it he’s so cute
- When his mom is completely out of control he comes to your house with a hand shaped bruise on his cheek and you feel the urge to march right back to his house and punch her.
- You tried to help but he wouldn’t look you in the eye.
- Gently stroking his bruised cheek until he calms down.
- Richie doesn’t think you noticed that his eyes were red and watery but you did.
+ Even more cuddling
+ He’s the little spoon when he’s sad ‘cuz he likes to have your arms around his waist and you hug him from the back like a koala. You usually sling one leg over his hip and pull him closer
+ Falling sleep on the couch
- You knew he only cussed to get the attention his mother never gave him, and you cussed right along with him so he wouldn’t feel alone. You knew that he needed attention so you gave it to him.
- Getting super defensive when people at school call him “Bucky Beaver” because of his buck teeth and glasses.
- You never call him this in public for the sake of his “trashmouth, practical joker” imagine but in private his nickname is Bambi because of his big doe eyes.
+ “I swear to god if you call me that one more ti-”
+ “Mmm, sure Bambi.”
+ He secretly loves how softly you say it.
- You never told the other Losers that you were dating him, until Ben walked in on the two of you making out kissing a bit.
- To quote Ben: “I’m not even going to ask.”
- Over the summer you get a hammock
+ Sleeping on Richie’s chest
+ This boi has one foot on the ground so he can rock the hammock to keep you asleep
+ Cuz he thinks you look adorable when you’re dreaming
- When the missing children reports become too frequent Richie holds your hand a little bit tighter.
- You weren’t there when he was attacked by “It” but you knew something was wrong the moment you saw him.
- When he found a missing kid poster with his face on it in the Neibolt House, you were the one to tell him it wasn’t real. He wouldn’t be forgotten like the other kids as long as you were alive to remember.
+ Also you MAY have grabbed the paper, torn it to pieces, thrown the torn bits on the floor and stomped on them like a rabid donkey. For good measure.
+ *Richie has never felt so many emotions at the same time in his life*
- When Bill and Richie get into a fight after Neibolt House you were there to pick Richie off the ground but he swats your hand away.
- You’re shocked because no one will listen to you and Beverly.
- Trying to explain that IT will kill all of you if you split up. It’s no use. Even Richie stomps away.
- You attempt to pull him back to Bill so they could work it out but he nearly throws you to the ground to get your hand off his arm.
+ So, since his rudeness rubbed off on you, you punched him
+ By “accident”
- And for the entire month that the Losers were split up, so were you and Richie.
- To get your mind off all the clown shit you went to the arcade. Well a humdidum dumbass is what you are because the arcade is where Richie is. ALL. THE. TIME.
- But again, his stubbornness rubbed off on you, so even when you saw him, you refused to leave and resorted to avoiding him. You weren’t sure if he saw you; he was really into his game.
- And at 10:30, when the arcade was technically closed, he was still inside. He probably gave the owner money to let him stay.
+ The arcade to Richie was like a bar to adults; a way to forget.
- You sat on the curb outside the arcade, sipping a slushie. You were supposed to go home, but since the clown at Neibolt you were scared of the flickering street lamps that lined your way home, and the arcade and other shops gave off a nice, bright light.
+ It was comforting in a way. Very aesthetic.
- And Richie almost falls down on the curb next to you
- You want to be mad, but he looks so tired from staring at a screen all day, although you suspect the video games aren’t the reason his eyes are glassy.
- “Got kicked out?”
- “Out of house or arcade?”
- You stand up and hand him the slushie, which he sips gratefully.
- “You’re leaving?”
- He looks exactly like a puppy, with huge brown eyes and messy hair. Well, a puppy in glasses, anyway.
- “If I’m leaving, you’re leaving with me.”
- Richie gives you a sleepy smile and takes you hand.
+ The entire way to your house he slumps against you, sometimes falling asleep mid step and his head falls on your shoulder.
- This boi. This fUCKING BOI. WHO PLAYED VIDEO GAMES FOR EIGHT HOURS STRAIGHT. IS USING YOU AS A PILLOW.
- At one point he closes his eyes and walks with them closed, his cheek pressed against your shoulder for support.
- Remember those nights when he comes over after a really bad day? This is one of them.
- So for the night, you and him are too tired to think about the huge fight.
- In the morning tho, you wake up to slightly burnt bacon and very burnt toast.
- Which would be nice, but..
- “How did you burn the toast but not the bacon? The toaster has a TIMER.”
- “It’s called Satan’s charcoal bread dispenser and you’re welcome.”
+ He’d feel soo bad for fighting with you??? Like, REALLY BAD
+ I mean, you did punch him in the face, so you and him were kinda even, but he still did all this extra shit
+ Playing with your hair
+ Sharing chocolate stolen from the store
+ Braiding your hair and you’re like “Richie??? You’re very good with your hands???”
- Yeah… you probably shouldn’t have said that.
- Richie never stops smirking. Holy fuck.
- “You know what else I can do wit-”
- “NO! Nope! No, no, no. Keep doin’ what you’re doing and shut up.”
- Really though, no fucking white paper-ass motherfucking bitchass dumbass pixie stick addict looking clown with a shitty pumpkin guts Halloween wig could break you and Richie apart. Period.
Summary:You and Richie had a thing going, and by ‘thing’ you mean rivalry. On the outside you hate him with all your might, but secretly you’ve been slipping love notes into his locker and praying no one ever sees you. Knowing your rotten luck, the person who catches you in the act is the one person you never wanted to be caught by.
Warnings: Cussing, because it’s Richie… Obviously. Also kissing an’ shit, and this was requested by @ireland37, who wrote their own series based off the idea. Check it out!
Word Count: 1,304
“Is it hard to be this stupid, or does it come naturally?”
Richie snorted and, grinning widely, raised his middle finger at you. You didn’t notice the red tint to his face every time the two of you argued and he never knew that your chest wanted to explode whenever he insulted you, which was odd, but it happened anyway. Whether or not he had a comeback, you enjoyed the banter.
“If you want to talk about things that come naturally then you should see me in bed.” He fires back, crumpling paper into a ball and throwing it at you. You ducked and frowned, craning your neck to look at him. You were about to say something but the teacher walked in and shushed the class, and you were forced to turn back to the front.
Halfway through the boring class, you heard a quiet ‘thwip’ sound and felt something hit the back of your head. Your hand darted up to feel your hair, pulling a tiny ball of crumpled paper out of the locks. It was, to your absolute disgust, slimy.
I just wanna say like thank you all so much for the wonderful support on this story, i’m seriously gonna miss writing it SO MUCH! It’s crazy to believe i’m already done, but I mean, I did upload like everyday lol. Anyway, thank you all again so much.
I hope you all enjoy this chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it. Send me a little comment in the ask section or leave it below on what you thought of this chapter. It doesn’t have to be long, I appreciate every single comment I receive and telling me just helps inspire me to write it more frequently.
Pairing:Richie x Reader, and Loser’s Club x Reader, also slight Stan x Reader
Warnings: force, bullying, depressing and sad tones.
“It’s coming back now.” Stan explained, nodding at his friends who surrounded him. The group was silent, standing around Stan, battered by what had just happened in the sewers but happy that it was over and their friend was standing before them alive. “Only bits and pieces, but I remember IT just suddenly being there and that’s it. Then I woke up with you guys around.”
Silence echoed Stan’s words, as he slowly let his eyes move around the people surrounding him; hesitant to ask what was on his mind. “What happened?” It was obvious what had happened. IT had come back, just like you’d tried to tell him but Stan had been too stupid, too in-denial to listen, that’s how he found himself here. But, it was almost like there was more; like the day and a bit he’d been gone more had happened then he could ever imagine.
“Y/N t-told us about how IT had taken you.” Bill finally answered, his eyes landing on you for a split second before gazing back at Stan. “She said s-she found the words “W-WHERE’S STAN?” written on h-her ceiling in blood. A-After that, w-we came here to find you.”
As Bill explained, Stan’s eyes fell on you as you looked to the ground. The last time you’d spoken, he’d left you just standing there after practically begging for help. No part of you was mad, but you could tell he felt guilty, just by his gaze. And it didn’t help that he’d bee wrong, that’d just been proven after what’d happened.
“And um- Henry’s dead.” It wasn’t needed, but you felt like you had to say it. Henry was terrible to you but you’d still killed someone. You didn’t know what would happen, though you knew none of them would ever say anything but you’d physically murdered someone; didn’t matter if he was an asshat half of the time. “So there’s that.”
Richie noticed your discomfort, and could only imagine what you must be thinking. Leaning over, he grabbed your hand; ignoring the looks he received from the others. “You did what you had to do.”
“Richie’s right, Y/N.” Eddie interrupted you, turning to look at you with a sincere gaze. “Henry would’ve killed you if you hadn’t done what you did. He deserved it.” Richie squeezed your hand as you reluctantly nodded, giving a small smile his way.
“But, we’re glad you’re okay, Stan.” Beverly smiled, her blue eyes brighter than before. Despite the fact that you’d all just come from a fight with a murderous clown and quite literally from a trip in the sewers, everyones faces seemed a whole lot brighter. Even you yourself, you felt less empty than you’d felt for so long. The world seemed brighter and a lot more colourful, rather than the dull black and white you’d been seeing it in for the past four years.
“Yeah.” Mike agreed, nodding with a smile on his face.
I find find some amazing works of writing during my time on tumblr and I think it’s about time to share some of those. IF YOU WANT ME TO READ YOUR WORK TAG ME OR SUBMIT A POST!!! I love seeing all of your writing
a/n: This is long overdue… I haven’t been feeling well lately and I’m really sorry that it took this long to put this up. There is 65 fics on here so I hope that makes up for the wait <3 love you guys.