Us to Tumblr staff:
could we please add pictures to posts on mobile? :)
how about we take away spell check on tags and make it so you have to go through 1,882 slides just to reblog something and also let's make your whole blog your account tab so everything is harder to find and you can't view your stats as easily. oh. and the overall design looks like it's from 2002. :)
“For some reason, I had the impression that I saw a certain image when I watched the anime for the first time, but even re-watching it I couldn’t find it, so I’m drawing a rough sketch of it. Please someone finish it for me.”
Reply by Noriko Itou (animation director for YOI):
“I tried drawing it, but no matter how many times I look at it there’s no scene like this…”
Mitsurou Kubo intervenes (not linking the tweet because it’s just text): “Princess carry… It’s curious, because I have the feeling it already happened but indeed we’ve never drawn something like that… Why…?”
Itou: “We must have missed something… They should just go ahead and skate on the rink like that…”
Additional note: On her Twitter, Kubo later commented that in figure skating there are actually level 4 (=high score) princess carry and other techniques involving lifts. (I interpret this comment as her way of saying that talking about princess carry on an ice rink is not necessarily off topic because there are indeed techniques like that in pair skating and ice dance, lol)
They’re just so amusing and so random, lol… But I agree with the person who wrote in the comments: “I’m sure you’re just saving it for season 2, aren’t you?”.
Hi guys! Yesterday, I found out that Tumblr decided to flag this blog as NSFW. If you follow me, you know I don’t post any sexually explicit photos or videos of people committing suicide or any other content one may consider NSFW. I just write scary and weird stories. So, until I get this straightened out with Tumblr, this is now considered an adult blog.
What does this mean?
It’s really hard for me to get new followers now :(
Tumblr delists the tags I use like “scary stories” and “horror stories” and stuff like that and prevents my blog from showing up in searches. For all intents and purposes, unless someone encounters this blog through a reblog or finds it through another indirect way, no one will know it exists.
Here’s what I’m hoping you can do until I get this fixed:
If you have friends or acquaintances who are into scary stories who may not know about @unsettlingstories, ask them follow. If you think a story I write may appeal to your own followers, reblog it and ask people to follow. Tumblr has made it extremely difficult for me to grow this blog now, and I need your help.
10 Things to learn to improve your tumblr experience.
1. Learn to post for yourself, and only for yourself. It doesn’t help anyone when you only post and reblog things because they are popular at the time. You may think people won’t notice, but your followers do. Never lie to yourself. Your blog is your own. Use it.
2. Learn that not every fight must be fought. Sometimes it’s easier to just step away from a problem that triggers you too much - and that’s absolutely okay. You don’t have to fight things that you don’t feel comfortable to fight. You are allowed to step away.
3. Learn that you cannot please everyone. As soon as you start to put yourself out there people will come at you. It doesn’t matter if you’re trying to be the nicest, informed, and open-minded towards everyone. You will always offend someone. When someone searches for something to attack you, let me tell you they will find something. You have to accept that not everyone can be pleased. It’s hard, but it’s reality.
4. Learn to ignore anon hate or hate in general. People who want to hate you will hate you. You cannot do anything against it. Breath. Delete. Go on. Those people are not worth your time.
5. Learn that it is okay to click away. Tumblr is loud about voicing opinions, shipping and social justice. Sometimes from people who are not as educated as they try to give the impression and search for any little nag to push limits. Don’t start a fight. It won’t do anything good here on tumblr. If you feel the need to do something against social injustice go out and do it yourself. Don’t do it behind a screen. It leads to nothing except hate and venom and people trying to gut each other out. If you read something that just riles you really up - be it about a series or a pairing or something social or whatever - just click away. It brings nothing. You will only feel more angered when the person answers and it will go back and forth and back and forth and - time you could use to do something else more productively. And with less stress.
6. Learn that your opinion =/= the opinion of someone else. You might like x pairing, while someone else thinks it is disgusting. Or the other way around. Learn to accept these things and leave it be. What good does it bring to try and force your opinion onto someone else? You’re not a dictator. Everyone is free to have their own opinion. Just like yourself.
7. Learn to respect people. Learn to respect artists and writers and - yes - edit makers too. Some people sit hours before their screens to produce something. They don’t write/draw/do edits for you - they share their stuff with you. If it is something you don’t like, just ignore it. Never tell them what they did wrong in your opinion - remember point 6. Your opinion is not theirs.
8. Learn that attacking someone =/= educating someone. If someone doesn’t know something or said something harmful in a post, don’t attack them immediately. Often these people are just not educated about the subject. Going into their askbox and leaving hateful, sometimes vile messages and calling them names or even threatening them will lead to nothing. If you really want to reach out to them try to send a polite message. Check their age. Most people who react like this are surprisingly young. If they block off and don’t want to be educated, no matter their age, there’s nothing you can do. Swallow your anger and click away. It’s not worth it. The real world still waits for you after you log off and hating on a stranger brings you nothing.
9. Learn that no one is perfect. Definitely not you. People make mistakes. Learn to forgive and move on. Holding a grudge brings only sorrow and misery.
10. Learn that tumblr is not the world. The real world is so much worse. Try to enjoy your time here instead of letting it ruin you.
So this shit stain @travel-story has been taking photographers’ photos and uploading them without any credit what so ever. Including at least 3 that belonged to my friend @dennybitte.
Denny followed @staff‘s stupid convoluted process for reporting these photos and all they did was remove the posts.
Instead of banning shit stains like this guy @staff instead promotes them and allows them to thrive. Whereas other blogs that properly source their uploads and make sure to credit the photographer get shut down after only a couple of complaints.
Photographers of Tumblr, please check that shit stain’s blog to see if he has stolen any of your photos and if he has please make sure to report him.