Crystals tip #1
A cheap and fun way to incorporate stones and crystals in spells, especially if you’re new to the use of crystals, is to use crystal chip beads. They are sold in long strands and are usually very affordable (about 2€/2$ each). They can be used in many ways, and I love how versatile and easy they are to use. Don’t be fooled by their size: tiny crystals carry as much power as the big ones, but they are much cheaper and convenient.
🔮 You can use them in… 🔮
- Jar spells: just put a couple of crystals in your jar along with the other ingredients to enhance the power of your spell.
- Mojo bags: you can fill small fabric bags with all sorts of herbs, oils and other ingredients. Adding the right stone can help you obtain a more effective spell.
- Tiny talismans: you can take one or more different crystal beads and use them to create charms to carry around with you. Cleanse the crystals with some sage or incense and focus your intention on what you want the crystals to do (bring protection, courage, attract love…)
- Magic room sprays: put some crystals along with some water and essential oils in a spray bottle and use it to cleanse and protect your room or your house.
If you want to light up romance with your loved one, spray water infused with rose quarts, rose and jasmine essential oils and some basil leaves around the room.
For a very strong protection use holy water, obsidian and mint (I would suggest doing this if you think you’re under the effects of a psychic attack or malocchio).
💎 My favorite crystals 💎
- Carnelian, which can be used to enhance courage and strength or to stimulate lust and sexual power. Use in combination with thyme, and with warrior deities such as St. George, St. Michael Archangel, Ogoun.
- Rose Quartz, the stone of love and trust. It can be used to bring back romance in a relationship or to help build trust and friendship between two people. Use in combination with basil, and with love and beauty deities such as Erzulie Freda, Mater Dolorosa, Aphrodite.
- Fluorite, the crystal of wisdom and intelligence. As a scientist and a student I love this stone, because it helps me focus my intellectual energies and it brings clarity to my mind. Use in combination with sage, and with deities associated with wisdom, such as Athena, Isis, Ganesha.
- Clear quartz, the most versatile stone, can be used for all sorts of spells and rituals. I find that staring into a piece of clear quarts helps me focus my intention and brings clarity and spiritual power.