I made some appetizers with a pack of Ahi tuna I bought at the supermarket a few days ago. The pack I got was only sold for $14, cheap for the kind of tuna it is.
This dish of mini taco is something you can make easily at home. You can just prepare some vegetables, Ahi tuna and a sauce! Then you’re all set to go.
The tacos are slightly Japanese- styled. I used Wasabi mayo, but feel free to use the ordinary mayo!
½ cucumber - sliced into strips
1/3 cup arugula leaves
Ahi Tuna (a chunk that can be divided into 8 slices)
4 tbsp chopped olives
1 tbsp Wasabi
4 tbsp Mayonnaise
1tbsp Sriracha sauce
1. Cut the tortillas into smaller pieces - about 2 on each tortillas, using a cookie cutter.
2. Prepare the Ahi Tuna. Sprinkle salt and pepper on the tuna and pad it on until it stick to the tuna. Lightly torch the tuna until the outer layer turns milky white.
3. Prepare all the vegetables and olives for the tacos.
4. For the sauce, mix 2 tbsp of mayonnaise and 1 tbsp of Wasabi. This will be the Wasabi Mayo sauce. In another small bowl, mix together the 1 tbsp Sriracha and 2 tbsp of mayonnaise. This will be the spicy sauce.
5. Then assemble the tacos. Layer first with 2-3 arugula leaves, then cucumber slices. Then place the torched Ahi Tuna on top, then the sauce and finally the chopped olives.