- As the manhunt continues for Steve Stephens, the family of the victim, 74-year-old Robert Godwin Sr., have taken to social media to honor the life of a beloved relative they say was “a good man” through and through.
- Below are some of the details of Godwin’s life, as described by those who loved him.
- “He’d give you the shirt off his back,” one of Godwin’s family members said during a tearful interview with CNN affiliate WOIO.
- “This man right here was a good man. I hate he’s gone. I don’t know what I’m going to do. … It’s not real.”
- Family mattered most to him. In an interview with Cleveland.com, Godwin’s son, Robert Godwin Jr., said that his father is survived by nine children, 14 grandchildren and many great grandchildren.
- He loved to fish and clean up litter. Godwin Jr. said that his father had gone fishing the Saturday before he was killed, a hobby he particularly enjoyed in his retirement.
- He also said that Godwin Sr. often patrolled the streets with a plastic shopping bag, picking up the aluminum cans he saw on the ground along the way. Read more (4/17/17 1 PM)
There's a black man going on a murdering spree in Cleveland, and BLM people are already saying "watch white people are going to do x" (mostly "murdering innocent black people") and one woman already made it about "the patriarchy." I fucking quit.