Surf and Turf with Lemon Herb Steak and Shrimp
The favorite combination of steak and seafood is made even more delicious with a squeeze of fresh citrus. In this recipe, fresh herbs and lemon juice are used to marinade flank steak and jumbo shrimp before they are grilled to perfection.
SERVINGS: 6 to 7
TIME TO TABLE:
20 minutes prep, 12 minutes grilling.
Zest of 2 Paramount Citrus lemons
Juice of 2 Paramount Citrus lemons
2 cloves garlic, peeled
¼ cup olive oil
¼ cup fresh basil leaves
¼ cup fresh parsley
10 to 12 sprigs of fresh chives
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 ½ lb. flank steak
1 lb. jumbo raw shrimp, peeled and tails removed
Wooden skewers, soaked
1. Preheat the grill to medium-high, about 400 to 425 degrees F.
2. Place the lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic cloves, olive oil, basil leaves, parsley, chives, salt and pepper in the bowl of a small food processor. Pulse until all ingredients are finely chopped and well blended.
3. Place the shrimp in a medium bowl and the steak in a shallow dish. Pour half of the lemon herb marinade over the shrimp and the other half over the steak. Stir to coat the shrimp and flip the steak to coat it well. Let marinade for 10 to 15 minutes.
4. Place the shrimp on grilling skewers with two large shrimp to each skewer.
5. Grill the steak for 7 to 12 minutes, flipping halfway through, until it reaches your desired doneness. While the steak cooks, grill the shrimp for 2 to 3 minutes on each side until they turn opaque and begin to blacken slightly. Let the steak cool for 5 minutes and cut against the grain into thin strips. Serve warm with the shrimp.