1Daf Workout Challenge: Day 1 Psych Up Edition
Pro Tip: Exercise is meant to be fun. To remind yourself of that fact make sure you wear something colourful like neon spandex, a tutu, a wrestling suit, or that pink shirt Harry wore that one time at that school gym (Why was he there? We’ll never know…)
16 songs, 55 mins of non-stop Psych Up material! Put this on shuffle and don’t stop moving until you reach the end of the playlist.
Either in a large space outside (like a park, running track, sports field, or your backyard) or your local gym. You don’t need any equipment for this workout.
Part 1: Warm Up aka PSYCH THE FUCK UP FUCK YEAH ALRIGHT WHO’S WITH ME?!!? (10 mins)
- Walk at a steady pace for the duration Ready To Run. If you’re at the gym do this on a treadmill.
- Increase your speed to a powerwalk for the duration of Stockholm Sydnrome. You should be puffing a bit by the end of this bit.
Or at the very least blushing because this song is about a nympho
- Do 10 side lunges, 10 forward lunges, and 10 backward lunges alternating legs for the duration of I Should Have Kissed You. Don’t rush here. Go slowly and make sure your knee touches the ground on your forward and backwards lunges. Aim to increase your depth as you go along.
Part 2: SPRINT TIME
Sprint Track: Does He Know
Does He Know has exactly 30 seconds of verse followed by 30 seconds of chorus. Lucky for us, this makes it the perfect sprint track. You will sprint for a total of 1:30 per track but only 30 seconds at a time. It’s not that much. You can do it.
Outside: Find a long stretch of road/grass/track and prepare to sprint for 30 seconds.
Gym: Make sure your settings are right on the treadmill before you begin. For this activity you will be genuinely sprinting. Not jogging. Not running. SPRINTING. If you are confused about settings please ask a staff member at the gym for assistance.
- Press Play
- Do absolutely nothing during the verses. Just stand there looking fly as fuck. If you’re on the treadmill put your feet on the side and wink at the good looking guy doing bicep curls over by the mirror.
- When the chorus hits: SPRINT FOR YOUR FUCKING LIFE. Imagine you are being chased by a lion. Imagine Niall is being chased by a lion and you are going to catch that fucking oversized lounge rat before it touches a single precious hair on his precious perfect head.
- 20 crunches
- 10 jumping squats (like Harry, you must channel the soul of a frog, squatting as low as possible and then jumping for the clouds)
1 minute rest.
Repeat three times
2nd Set Sprint Track: C’mon C’mon
3rd Set Sprint Track: Alive
At this point I know what you’re all thinking:
And to that I say:
PART 3: Strength Motherfucker
- 10 jumping lunges in One Direction (heh), turn around and do 10 back
- 20 Mountain Climbers
- 10 push ups (on your knees if you find resting on your feet too difficult)
- 10 Pistol Squats (repeat on other leg)
- 1 minute rest
Repeat set 3 times
Part 4: Liam Approved Abtastic
- 30 second plank
- 15 leg lowers
- 30 second bicycle
- 30 second Banana Impression (and reverse)
- 1 Minute rest
Repeat 3 times.
Congratulations! You have completed your first 1Daf workout!
Don’t forget to stretch and drink plenty of water for the rest of the day.
Take a picture of yourself and your friends being fit af and send it through! Extra points if you include a screenshot of your playlist and/or a shot of yourself exhausted and sweaty passed out on the ground. Also, victorious jumping photos are encouraged.
I’m proud of you!