Rapmonster (IF THERE WAS A MEMBER I WOULD MARRY IT WOULD BE HIM)
Real Name: Kim Namjoon
Born in Ilsan, Seoul, South Korea
Position: Main Rapper, Leader
Birthday: September 12, 1994
Languages: Korean, English
He taught himself how to speak English!
Rapmon also scored 900 on the Test of English for International Communication (TOEIC) while he was in middle school. He is also in the top 1.3% of the nation in the preparatory university entrance exams. “My score in my second year of high school was 148.”
His ideal type is someone “sexy, even to a brain. Someone that is thoughtful and confident”
JIN (MY HECKING BIAS!!! THE BEST DAD JOKES YOU WILL EVER HEAR!)
Real Name: Kim Seokjin
Born in Gwacheon, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea
Position: Vocalist, Visual
Birthday: December 4, 1992
Languages: Korean, Chinese
He blinks his left eye when he is hungry
He just graduated from Konkuk University with a major in Film
His ideal type is a girl whose looks and personality is similar to that of a puppy, who’s good at cooking, kind and takes good care of him.
SUGA (DON’T EVEN GET ME STARTED!!! THE BIGGEST STRUGGLE IN MY LIFE!!! I SWEAR HE IS MY BIAS WRECKER BUT I SWERVE SO HARD FOR HIM!)
Real Name: Min Yoongi
Born in Buk-gu, Daegu, South Korea.
Position: Lead Rapper
Birthday: March 9, 1993
He loves photography
He loves playing basketball, when he was a trainee he played basketball every Sunday and was scouted to play but was to busy with training.
His ideal type is a girl who likes music, especially hip-hop
JHOPE (SUNSHINE IN IT’S PUREST FORM!!!! AN ANGEL! BUT ALSO SINSHINE BECAUSE BOY CAN BE SEXY AF)
Real Name: Jung Hoseok
Born in Gwangju, South Korea.
Position: Lead Rapper, Main Dancer
Birthday: February 18, 1994
Chose the name “J-Hope” as his stage name because he wants to be a source of light and hope to his fans
He initially auditioned for JYP Entertainment he and B.A.P Youngjae auditioned together for their JYP audition.
Pre-debut J-Hope was a part of a street dance team, called NEURON. He won an underground dance battle and performed at a festival.
His ideal type is a girl who loves him, is good at cooking, and thinks a lot
JIMIN (TWO WORDS SMOL BUT SEXY…ALSO SLAYS HIGH NOTES BETTER THAN ANYONE I HAVE EVER WITNESSED)
Real Name: Park Jimin
Born in Busan, South Korea.
Position: Lead Vocalist, Lead Dancer
Birthday: October 13, 1995
He attended Busan High School of Arts for in the Modern Dance before his teacher recommended that he audition to be a K-pop star
Currently attends Global Cyber University
His ideal type is a nice and cute girl who is smaller than him
V (FOR ME HE IS THE BEST LOOKING IN BTS LIKE THIS BOY HURTS ME!!! HOW CAN ONE BE SO ATTRACTIVE!!! ANOTHER BIAS WRECKER)
Real Name: Kim Taehyung
Born in Daegu, South Korea.
Birthday: December 30, 1995
When he was giving his stage name he didn’t know how to pronounce it (v)
He used to play saxophone for 3 years.
His idea type is someone who takes care of him and loves only him and who has a lot of aegyo
JUNGKOOK (WHEN YOU HEAR THE TERM GOLDEN MAKNAE IT IS TRUE!!! I SWEAR THERE IS NOT ONE THING THIS KID CAN’T DO!)
Real Name: Jeon Jeongguk
Born in Busan, South Korea.
Position: Main Vocalist, Lead Dancer, Sub Rapper, Center/ Face of the Group, Maknae
Birthday: September 1, 1997
He went to the US for dance training because Bang Sihyuk PD told him,“No emotion. No emotion while dancing.” In the US, Jungkook learned Urban Style, Female Dancing Style, Powerful Dances, and more from famous choreographers.
Several entertainment companies wanted him but he chose BitHit because he was Rapmonster and thought he was cool.
His ideal type is someone who’s at least 168 cm but smaller than him, is a good wife, good at cooking, smart, has pretty legs, and is nice. Also a girl who likes him and is good at singing.
Week 4: Springing good news Week 8: A spring in step Week 12: Spring blossoms
I’m officially on holidays now and so, in an attempt to get myself drawing more, I’m planning to do the 9-month journey - one piece for each month (9 total). As you can see the 1st trimester is in spring so summer will be up next.
OK, list of positive events in the Reylo Fandom...(in chronological order)
So we’ve been through a lot of bad shit. We’ve had some major divisions, too. And just imaging all of the friends many of us old cane-wielders have lost along the way genuinely makes me very depressed and I hope somehow things change some day…
So frankly I’m done reading that sad shit- let’s get started with the good!!
1. Those first two weeks after the film came out and people, still on their main blogs, started posting voraciously about TFA and started tentatively asking each other about a possible Kylo and Rey dynamic only to discover it wasn’t just them- others felt it, too.
2. The discussion in the tiny fandom over what to call the ship. There were multiple candidates, some simple, some other mishmashes of words, but eventually posts began to emerge saying “Well it’s settled then- Reylo it is.” Yep, the ship name was decided on Tumblr. And actually at the time I remember posting saying I preferred one of the other candidates (can’t remember what it is now, though- maybe kyrey?), but it wasn’t long until #Reylo became the main name and tag for the ship and, hey, you can’t fight progress.
3. The first amazing fan art started to appear! Many of our very first artists are still with us! I remember the first original piece of fan art I ever saw for this ship came from @solarfugue(arriku) and I was instantly in love.
4. Fics were steadily being written! Through everyone’s early stories, certain patterns began to emerge- ‘force bonds’ being the primary one. These would be things that would be included in nearly every single fic as a prerequisite after February 2016.
5. Just around the very, very end of 2015, the dedicated side blogs began to emerge and the fandom began to really solidify.
6. The first big exchange (to my knowledge) was the Valentine’s Day fic exchange Feb. 2016! Tons of people got in on it, and it started rumblings for possibly more writing projects.
7. SMUT WEEK was the last few days of february going into March 2016. Basically, after a stream of people happily chatting and giggling along here on tumblr, a whoooole lotta risqué art emerged at once, and as a consequence, I declared the second or third day of this trend to be Smut Week. Everyone really grasped onto the idea with both hands and the smutty art, and even stories, POURED in for 5 solid days more. There’s not been much of a need to call another smut week, because, well, we never actually dropped back down to any innocent level since. So, anyone who’s ever tried to avoid smut in fics in this fandom, it’s my fault. I’m sorry (sort of). ^^;
8. Art Fridays! For awhile in spring, going into early summer 2016, Art Fridays, organized amongst some of the artists in the fandom, became a thing to look forward to. There’d be a secret theme and on Fridays around 8pm or so, suddenly tons of new art would emerge. It was something I always looked forward to. Later the concept morphed into ‘Shenanigans’ and is held sometimes on days other than Friday.
9. Art Fridays eventually morphed into the Reylo Anthology, a collection
of artists who would still occasionally do art fridays stuff, but also
worked to focus more on big themed reylo art projects.
10. The Reylo Fanfic Anthology was a concept tossed around quite a bit during Spring 2016 before being taken up by a group of writers and is still going strong to this day. There’s one large project a year, dotted with side events often centered on holidays.
11. The Reylo Sin Anthology came to be! A fanfic anthology for all the smuttiest smut fics, written to various themes throughout the year- many of them very much on the risqué side which is how they liked it. (It later became the Reylo Book of Sins and still going strong.)
12. From Spring to Summer 2016, due to new revelations from cast and crew, the fandom contracted a bit, but ultimately became more concentrated and ‘regulars’ began to emerge. Summer was also about the time that ‘metas’ pretty much got exhausted (everything had pretty much been hashed out by then), so it got a little quiet…
13. In October the Reylo Short Story Collection was announced. Focusing on, obviously, short stories, the goal was to write within the word-count limits and then publish with each story having its own custom art. A new issue is published every four months.
14. In November, two of our own, @starwarsnonsense and @bastila-bae, began an analytical podcast, “Scavenger’s Hoard”, about the new films and also with the goal of being reylo-friendly in an increasingly aggressive fandom. They added women’s voices to the discussion and have since even won awards!
15. We lost Carrie in the winter of 2016, so that was pretty terrible. But just before that happened, we were abuzz knowing a title for 9 was coming, and also anxious for the latest new years’ fic exchange hosted by the fic anthology, something that a lot of us held onto as a positive distraction in the wake of tragedy.
16. Starting around the turn of the year, changes started to take place on the SW website, namely the Data Bank, and other places- talk of ‘intertwined destines’ and ‘fascination’ and ‘links’ with regards to Kylo and Rey…could it be? Did we finally have more reason to hope?
17. In January 2017, we got the title for 8!! “Space Bear” became “The Last Jedi”, and suddenly the meta writing was back in full swing!
18. In April 2017, we got the trailer for 8! And boy did we get our hope alright. Quickly we realized many of our ‘standards’ in fanfiction seemed to have fairly correct between the trailer and cast/production commentary at SWC: Luke the underwhelming teacher, Kylo suddenly maskless and with a much reduced scar than we ever anticipated…*cough* causing us to speculate even more strongly about his anti-hero role and desire to reach Rey. The new clues and speculation quickly began to filter into fic writing.
….and here we are today! Did I miss anything? This was sort of a greatest hits in the fandom. ^^; If I missed anything, let me know! It’s getting late and I’m a bit out of it, so forgive me if I have…gosh so much has happened!! We’ve done so much!! And I’m so proud to have been with all you guys, old and new, through it all. :,)