These are the most interesting answers of the creators to the fans’ questions about the third season of Wander Over Yonder (my personal thoughts are indicated in italics):
1. Could you possibly give us a hint
as to what sort of episode a 22 minute long ep in season 3 wouldve been like?
wouldve there been another musical?
It was another four
part serialized story that tied the season together. Had talked about
maybe making the last one an hour long finale special. (Hour episode of WOY! Imagine!)
2. Even if Disney wouldn’t immediately renew WOY can you
still work on it when they change their mind, like a few years later?
Craig McCracken: If they change their mind
someday I would most definitely work on it.
3. Did the cancellation change any
plans you had for the story in season 2? Did you avoid starting any ideas for
story or character arcs that wouldn’t have been satisfactorily resolved by the
end of the season? Or bring forward some things so that it could?
was wrapped on S2 five months before we received word of the cancellation, so
we didn’t really have the opportunity to adjust stories. We also held off on telling some MAJOR stories for all
four of our mains to have somewhere to go. Season two was a lot about testing
Hater; three would have been about testing Wander in a really cool way.
4. On the topic of the pirate ship shown briefly in The Waste of Time, does that ship belong to a villain or a hero or a neutral character?
Can say you’ve already seen the original owners, though. (Have we seen?)
5. That monkey pic on “the waste of time”…was that season 3 material?
That was a character called “Monkeyboy” who was going to play a big part in Season 3, yes.
5. If Peepers recruits his species as an army
for Lord Hater, what is his status back on their home planet? He must be pretty
high up there to be able to do that. Is there anyone on the planet ranked above
him or no?
Sigh. Season 3.
7. As the show went on and other villains and Dominator were introduced, Peepers ended up playing the hero more often. Yes for conquering reasons but still. Yet from early early days it’s always been stated that Peepers is more villainous than Hater. Had the show gone on, would we ever see anything come from that?
Most definitely. Peepers had a heck of an arc planned.
8. What was Peepers’ story arc supposed to be like?
C. Peeps was going to be tempted by the dark(er) side (After these two answers, I start crying)
9. If Hater was reformed would Commander Peepers follow Hater? Or would he
Cannot answer in case we get back to it. We had something planned
10. If Peepers and the watchdogs are native to the galaxy in the series,
does that mean their home planet was destroyed?! Would we never get to see it?!
11. Will we find out what happened with
Lord Dominator next? Or we have to forget about this character in the third
Dom was a big part of
the third season plan. Craig had an amazing new angle for her that was
delightfully petty but wholly Dominator.
12. Since the threats of season 3 are
worse than Dominator, that has me wondering. Do they know more about Wander’s
weaknesses and how to use them against him?
Dominator knew how to
exploit everyone’s weaknesses. The S3 villain knew how to exploit everyone’s
strengths. (I wonder, how it is?)
13. So like is there a
whole planet of magical electric skeletons or is Hater special?
All will be revealed in
14. That Hater’s energy that his max
power created will have consequences? Like waking up certain monkey.
It would, in fact, have
consequences, but not what you’re thinking.
So, it was a very long post! Thank you, if you have read this far. So, are you ready to put up with this? Are you ready to just let it go and never see these wonderful things? And I’m not ready. So that’s the reason for all of us to @savewoy!