AU Fic Rec, Part 2
Sci Fi & Fantasy
So, This is a fun one! SF/F includes: Magic, Space, Future, Ye olden days, Fairy tales, supernaturally but still AU kind of stuff and uhhh anything else I want to put on this list. Yr welcome.
1. Not Part Of The Plan - This is Scaramouche so you know it’s going to be fantastic. But it’s long as fuck. I have got lost halfway through before. There’s magic, arranged marriage, warring nations, coups, love, errr other stuff. It’s just a really good read.
2. All Things Shining - Okay. You guys. This was one of the first things I read in the SPN Fandoom. There’s original mythology and so many realistic and wonderful Original Characters. It’s just lovely. A story about love. It’s so, so well written.
3. A Beginner’s Guide to Communing with the Dead - this one is fun! Dean is a cop, and Cas is a ? Something. There is magic. There is a greater evil. There is sass. You will enjoy this one I promise u.
4. Our Small World - DEAN IS THE SUN AND CAS IS THE MOON AND THEY FALL IN LOVE WHAT MORE DO YOU NEED READ THIS RIGHT FCKN NOW. Fantasy/Royalty AU.
5. Clean Air - Oh, how did this get here? Syke, it wouldn’t be a SF/F fic rec list without the most bestest post apocalyptic murder mystery love story, would it? Again, this is one of my all time favourites, I will not hear a word against it, read it immediately. I stake my reputation on this fic. It’s so good.
6. Paper Planes - Kind of like Interstellar except it was written two years before Interstellar came out. Dean gets to live in space with all the resources. His BFF Cas is stuck on the dying planet. I read it years ago when it came out during the 2014 DCBB so I don’t remember it clearly, but I know it’s good. I know it in my heart.
7. Dark Side of the Moon - ASTRONAUTS. Dean is on the moon. He is stranded there. They have to rescue him. It’s intense, honest to god. I don’t know what else to say without spoiling this other than that the plot is intense and the emotions are intense and it’s really good. Seven thumbs up from me.
8. A Place Where Nothing Moves - Ooooh, Something freaky goin on! This is another Original mythology and it’s so creepy and well written. I really enjoyed it. Enemies to lovers!
9. Stories from the In Between - Fairies! Witches! Magic! This is fun, and very sweet. Dean gets himself an imaginary friend. :)
10. White Albatross - Magical realism! This fic is so lovely and well written. Angst but a happy ending, imo. Please read it. Dean and Cas have been in love, and now things are stale. Dean doesn’t know what to do. THe heart ache u guys, honestly.
11. Off The Record - Cas moves to a new town and joins the local paper! He meets Dean! Something weird and awful is happening to him! This fic is amazing, and I loved it and highly recommend. It’s a good time.
12. A Melting Spell - this is some high fantasy shit. The world building is so well done and the different parts of their journey are so great to read. Dean sets off to rescue Lisa Braedon. Things don’t go as planned!!!!!!!
13. Do You Want to Play With Magic? - !!!! Witch Dean, Familiar Cas, Charlie is there, stuff happens, things occur, !!! Okay so Dean is a P.I. who has a complicated relationship with his magic. Enter Cas. Also Charlie in this fic is wonderful. If you like magic, hit this one up.
14. What Once Was Sacred - Cas is a sexy musical incubus, Dean is a retired hunter who is now a cop. Sam works in a weird club. I read this a while ago, and if you’re into incubus stuff, then this fic is a must(ard).
15. Once Upon a Hazy Memory - Royal Fantasy! OK u guys so Cas is a prince set up for an arranged marriage - but he runs away bc he loves Dean so much and wants them to be together. I loved the world building in this, the different kingdoms n shit. Super believable. Also the biggest case of “Wait let me explain” ever.
That’s all I got for u atm. Probably this will edited at a later date lmao.