1. Get out- When it comes to the best movies of first half of 2017, consider this situation… Fucking Handled! Yo, Jordan Peele made the best movie of 2017 so far and it’s going to take a hell of a movie to knock it off. I had my reservations about this movie because movies that get this kind of hype on Facebook and social media never pan out but this one did! This movies comes correct from the first scene of my beloved Lakeith Stanfield walking through a, “superb,” in a situation that every person of color has feared would happened to them. A lot of praise should also go to the leading man Daniel Kaluuya too, his physical acting is incredible and as he’s required to change demeanors so many times during the movie and he never wavers for one moment. There’s so much to talk about with Get Out. All the white people come correct and are genuinely horrifying. I guess Lena Dunham isn’t the biggest villain on Girls. A true hallmark of an important movie is how it can change or shape your perception of a certain person, group or situation. While it sheds an incredible light on how most minorities and especially african american minorities feel about living in this country the most image altering part of this movie is that Jordan Peele made the fucking TSA cool. There has to be an award for just that alone.
2. It Comes at Night -This film is a “horror” movie that isn’t interested at all of scaring but instead it wants to horrify you. This movie relies on tone and atmosphere than actual jump scares to create the his dark (literally because most of the movie is in the dark) tense canvas for their characters to live in and instead of a big bad monster waiting at the end of the hall the true horrors are the people themselves, well intentioned individuals who because of circumstances are forced become the most desperate version of themselves. Those circumstances are left incredibly vague throughout the movie with only just subtle nods and hints to what’s actually going in the outside world and that allows us to not worry about the world but more so on the character themselves. Nothing is ever really explained in this movie but it relies on the viewers basic understanding of a humans connection to family, a teenagers connection to sexuality to a mothers connection to a son and so on and so forth. If you come to this movie to be scared you will be disappointed. But if you come for a gorgeously shot, tense and dark character study of human survival instincts you will be blown away.
3. Lost City of Z - Lost City of Z is one of the most beautiful movies I’ve seen in a long time. All the shots in the Amazon are breathtaking. James Grey has so much respect for all the beauty that the world has to offer and lets his camera linger on shots that a lesser director would have just blown through and moved onto the next one to service the plot. The way scenes fade in and out of each other is also masterful and makes me wish for nothing more but to leave my life behind and go exploring the amazon. Lost City of Z is also an incredible piece of period filmmaking. From the opening shots to the courthouse drama you’re submerged into 19th century Britain and that comes with it’s own baggage. Especially when it comes to Sienna Millers character who gets treated like an afterthought half through the movie. But the first half of the movie she’s terrific and her character is given a lot to do and deserves to be respected.
4. Win it All - As a person who enjoys people meeting and interacting with each other I can’t say enough about Joe Swanberg and Jake Johnson and their collaborations. Everything about this movie feels so real from the people, the relationships to the stakes. And by stakes I don’t mean just the gambling stakes, I mean the stakes of what it means to have a job, a girlfriend and have your life figured out. Shouts to my man Jakey J for now and forever. It may not have been as good as Drinking Buddies but for what it lacks in substance it makes up for with it’s absolute delightfulness. I never thought in a million years I would be saying a Joe Swanberg movie was, “delightful.”
5. Wonder Woman - I don’t really care for Super Hero movies that much anymore but Wonder Woman blew me away. Yeah the third act has issues and falls for the same old comic book tropes but everything leading up to it is amazing. From watching Princess Diana discovering what ice cream is to her walking across No Mans Land and unleashing hell on those machine guns all the way back to seeing baby Wonder Womans face on the big screen knowing she was going to be the hero of her very own story! It does justice to not just the woman part of it’s title but the wonder as well. It’s a wonderful movie.
6. John Wick: Chapter 2 - Spoiler alert: the dog live in this movie. Which is about the only real criticism that the first John Wick had and now that they fixed that they take this surprisingly successful franchise to new heights. Keanu Reeves is absolutely terrifying in this role especially considering I see about 5 Keanu Reeve’s look a likes walking the treadmill at the gym everyday and they’re all more likely to be doing someone’s taxes than they do gouging peoples fucking eyes out. But to each his own!
7. Logan - When all the fanboy dickriding and Johnny Cash settles you’re left with a really good superhero movie. All the action is terrific and is a very emotional movie.Jackman and Stewart play their f bomb dropping and eye gouging versions of their iconic characters perfectly and this movie is honestly a very nice course correction after visual garbage that was X men Apocalypse.
8. Split - M Knight back? Possibly. This a very good movie with no discernible twist. Unless you count Jame McAvoy getting buff a twist, which I knew he had that in him the whole time (apparently he did too). But this a very good movie for the uneasy and tense thriller genre even though the most uneasiness to this movie comes from the real world horror and not the big bad swoll James McAvoy himself.
9. Kong - This movie is like going into a test and expecting a D and getting a B- and sitting there and realizing you could have had an A if you really tried a bit harder. This movie has so many moments of pure joy and pleasure but the over saturated World War 2 soundtrack and some over the top Unle Sam-ification of Samuel L. Jackson bogs this down from being a truly special movie.
10. Free Fire - Although I would have much rather this movie have more shoot em up scenes than, “hey are you still alive?” scenes I enjoyed the hell out of Free Fire. As much as I’d like to say queen Brie Larson was the best part of this movie and she’s terrific but it has to be Sharlto Copley and his A+ suit.
Chapter Summary: (3,513 words) First chapter of Mafia AU as inspired by @superrisu. In a city split in half by a tenuous truce between the two remaining criminal families, Fareeha Amari find herself caught between the machinations of her mother, notorious arms dealer Ana Amari, and her rival and business partner, Dr. Angela Ziegler.
Rating: T for Teen, rating subject to change in the future.
Probably the biggest sequence I was given on my short time on Lego Batman was of Gotham City being split apart. I boarded it with my friend Dave Needham and it was a ton of fun. I’m a little sad they didn’t keep my long orbiting shot of Joker/Bats connecting to the tune of Love Lifts Us Up but hey, you can’t win them all I guess.
A couple of rival gangsters whose agreed to split the city in two but, not where the line goes. Every day they spend finding more and more elaborate and cartoonish plots to off the other. and most of them succeed??? but then they’re back at it again the next day despite bullet holes and anvil-cracked skulls.
'Lego Ninjago Movie': See How Designers Turned Film's Setting Into Epic Model
With 2014’s blockbuster (pun intended) The Lego Movie and this year’s spinoff, The Lego Batman Movie, the toy brickmeisters have become a force in Hollywood. This fall’s The Lego Ninjago Movie will try to keep up the momentum. Based on an original toy line-turned-TV series launched in 2010 about a group of heroic minifigure martial artists, the movie version supersizes the premise. Lego designers worked hand in hand with filmmakers to make sure the film matched the toy aesthetic, and vice versa. There are 18 different Lego Ninjago Movie sets in the pipeline; Yahoo Movies has your exclusive first look at the flagship model: Ninjago City. Comprising nearly 5,000 pieces, the set is based on one of the film’s key locations (as seen in the trailer) and will be available Sept. 1 — just in time for the film’s Sept. 22. release. Click through for an up-close tour of the insanely detailed set, along with some never-before-seen concept art that illustrates how closely the toys and film align.
Ninjago City Concept Art Split-Level Overview
“To capture the scope of Ninjago City, we split the model into three sections, each representing a different chapter of the city’s evolution,” the designers, Nicolaas Vás and Christopher Leslie Stamp, explain in the set’s notes. “However, this led to the challenge of blending the levels together into a complete model. For example, we positioned the tower further back on the model, to give the impression of it rising from behind the buildings.” (Credit: Lego)
Source: Yahoo Movies
Ninjago City Film Concept
“In the movie, Ninjago City is unlike anything we’ve seen before in a Lego set. One of the main challenges with a model like this is the difference in size between the vast on-screen location and the smaller model version,” the designers explain. (Credit: Lego)
Source: Yahoo Movies
“As both [the movie’s set and the toy model] are built from Lego bricks, our approach was to choose key silhouettes and details which could be rebuilt at a smaller scale and still match the overall look [of the film],” the designers say. (Credit: Lego)
Source: Yahoo Movies
Features a bridge, sewer outlet, stream with translucent-blue and translucent-green water elements, sliding elevator with room for a minifigure, traditional fish market with fish and crab elements, house with dining room and bedroom with sliding screen doors and foldout solar panels, Sweep the maintenance robot’s service station with assorted tool elements, and a taxi stand with telephone element. (Credit: Lego)
Source: Yahoo Movies
Lego Ninjago Movie Concept Art
Storyboard panels show the characters in action. “I found the most fun aspect of this model was how easy the size allowed me to visualize the characters’ movements and interactions around the city,” says Stamp. (Credit: Lego)
Source: Yahoo Movies
Ninjago City Concept Art
“My favorite part of designing this model was the opportunity to include things which we wouldn’t normally have in a Ninjago set, such as the pufferfish or the pink bonsai tree,” says Vás.(Credit: Lego)
Source: Yahoo Movies
Includes modern fashion store with two mannequins and assorted Ninjago products, a construction site with a bonsai tree, a comic book store with brick-built sign, cashier desk, comic book stand with collectible training cards, a crab restaurant with brick-built crab entrance sign and oven with that “crab-grilling” function, a cash-dispensing ATM, and a display stand with interchangeable movie posters. (Credit: Lego)
Source: Yahoo Movies
Lego Ninjago Movie Ninjago City Concept art – BI 1 – 4
“We shared a lot of the same inspiration that the moviemakers used, but we also drew inspiration from real-life places we have visited, amazing cyberpunk creations in the fan community, and of course the Ninjago TV show,” the designers say. (Credit: Lego)
Source: Yahoo Movies
Features a radio tower, rooftop sushi bar with sushi conveyor belt function and brick-built food, bathroom with sliding door, and brick-built puffer fish and squid sculptures, Lloyd Garmadon and Misako’s apartment with an opening window, bunk bed, kitchen unit and attic space for the Green Ninja Suit minifigure. (Credit: Lego)
Source: Yahoo Movies
Pufferfish and Squid Detail
Source: Yahoo Movies
Overview of Ninjago City and Element Details
Source: Yahoo Movies
A look at the fully assembled 4,867-piece three-level set, which includes a traditional fishing boat and 16 minifigures: Jay, Kai and Lloyd Garmadon, Green Ninja Suit, Misako, Jamanakai Villager, Sally, Ivy Walker, Konrad, Severin Black, Tommy, Guy, Juno, Mother Doomsday, Shark Army Gunner and Officer Noonan, plus Sweep the maintenance robot. It will retail for $299.99. (Credit: Lego)
“Coming!” you called out. Your fingers continued to twist your hair into a braid, knotted at the back of your skull. This project was something you did daily, but it was beginning to take longer and longer (not surprising, seeing as how your hair now reached your lower back when let down). You put the last pin in place and ran out towards the kitchen.
“About time,” Dean said. “Y’know, I never pegged you as one of those girls who took forever to get ready.”
“Shut up,” you muttered.
“What took you so long, anyway? It’s not like you wear a shit ton of makeup.”
The hunt had gone as well as could be hoped for. But during the midst of the sprint through the woods, your hair had come undone, trailing behind you. It was almost snatched by the creature but you quickly dodged left, twisting your hair up with the spare hair tie you always kept on your wrist.
Back at the bunker, you began the long process of brushing out your hair, removing a number of twigs and leaves, combing out massive tangles. You had to do this before showering, otherwise, your hair would never untangle.
“Hey,” Dean said, appearing behind you.
You jumped, startled, turning to find him looking at your hair with wonder and surprise.
“Holy crap,” he said, stepping forward. “Rapunzel, Rapunzel, let down your long hair.”
You rolled your eyes slightly. “Well, there’s something to be said for you getting the right princess.”
“Can I… touch it?”
“It’s not going to bite,” you said with a small laugh.
Dean combed his fingers through your locks. “I never knew your hair was so long. You always have it pulled up. Which, don’t get me wrong, is pretty, but this…”
“Please,” you said, picking up a few strands opposite of Dean’s fingers. “My hair is such a mess. Split-end city. I just… haven’t had time to get it cut.”
Dean was quiet for a moment. “I could cut it for you. If you wanted.”
“Yeah. I mean, it’s a shame to cut this off, but… I guess long hair and hunting don’t really mix.”
“Try telling that to your brother.”
“He’s next on my list.”
You smiled as you reached into your desk drawer, pulling a pair of scissors out. “Just… be careful, okay?”
Dean gave you a quick peck on the cheek. “Promise.” He ran his fingers through your hair. “How short are you wanting?”
“I don’t care. Just… try to make it even.”
Dean fingered your locks for a few more seconds before gently taking a section. He slid the blades into your hair; you closed your eyes, bracing for impact.
The slice of the scissors echoed around your bedroom; your head felt immediately lighter (and holy shit, how short had he cut that?!).
“Fine,” you said, trying to regulate your breathing.
Dean worked as quickly as possible, snipping through your long hair, tossing locks into the trash. Finally, he smoothed his hands through your hair.
“I think that’s pretty even,” he said.
You braced yourself, turning to look in your mirror. Your hair was now chin length, a little shorter than Sam’s. You knew there were probably problem spots here and there, but overall, it didn’t look too bad.
“Damn,” Dean said with a smile. “If I thought your long hair was pretty, this is…”
You couldn’t help but smile. “You also said my pulled back look was pretty.”
“Sweetheart, you could shave your head and tattoo scales all over it and you’d still be pretty.”
You turned and stood, giving him a small kiss. “Thank you.”
“You’re welcome.” Dean slipped one hand into yours, the other still holding onto the scissors. “Now, let’s go see if we can find Sammy.”
So Catherine will be on the 3rd May ep of Masterchef. Set your DVRs and such!
The MasterChef semi-finals continue, as the eight remaining cooks head to the BBC studios in Elstree, where they are tasked to cater for the cast and crew of the drama Holby City. Split into two teams, the competitors must create two main courses and a dessert in less than four hours. After, John and Gregg decide which team will return to the MasterChef kitchen to cook again in a special Invention Test.’ (RadioTimes summary)
Walking out of your local supermarket, you looked up at the bleak, grey sky; it had seemed that way forever. Deeply, you sighed,there was never sunshine in your city. Carrying your heavy shopping bags on the way back home, you heard what sounded like a rough fight in the distance with cries of pain and cuss words screamed from two guy’s mouths. Fights weren’t uncommon where you were from, not since the wall was built. The stone wall at the edge of your city that split the next city apart from you was built of thick stone and was over 10 feet tall. The people from the next city weren’t allowed in. They were called ‘The Clan.’
The rumour had it that if a member of the clan so much as breathed near you, you would be overcome by evil thoughts and become a walking destruction machine. It all started in the early 1900′s when a great war broke out between the two cities and everyone the clan touched became obsessed with the person who changed them, doing whatever they pleased and killing the people from the opposite city. Of course, some parts weren’t true and the people over the wall would probably be safe, normal people but the government was so cautious and superstitious that the wall was built. In some places, it caused more anarchy and people still broke out in fights, scared that the other was in fact, an evil member of the clan.
Walking through the dark alley as a short cut, the fighting sounds got closer and closer, filling your body with anxiety. You were tempted to run back and take the long road but that would cause you to walk an extra half hour that your hands couldn’t take due to the heavy shopping bags. You bit your lip, your heart thumping as you came to the end of the alley and finally, you could see the two men in a fight and one of them was being held up against a wall with a knife close to his neck. You gasped, never seeing such violence before. The vulnerable man had blood dripping from his busted lip, a gaze on his cheek and bruised hands.
“I’m going to murder all of you good for nothing, waste of space bastards. You all will rot in hell.”
The man holding the knife growled, scrunching his eyebrows and gritting his teeth in fury. As the knife was getting closer to the man’s neck, beads of sweat began to roll off your forehead, not knowing what to do. You couldn’t just let the man get killed when you knew you could change the situation. Gathering all the courage you could get, you began to walk lightly on your feat, your pulse racing, sneaking closer to the man with the knife. With all of your might, you swung the heavy, large shopping bag across the man’s head, causing him to cry out in pain and fall to the ground. You heard something crack as he hit the floor; you were sure he wasn’t dead but you were also pretty positive he wasn’t going to get up for a while. Bringing your hand to your heaving chest, you looked up at the man you’d saved. He was pretty close to the definition of beautiful. Disregarding his injuries, he had luscious plump lips, smooth looking milky skin, deep brown eyes and the most eye catching thing was his platinum blonde hair that faded in to a bright blue. No one dressed like that where you were from; it was a breath of fresh hair. The man still had fright in his eyes. He was staring at you like you were an alien. It confused you. Finally, he broke the silence.
“Are you fucking crazy?! Why did you save me?!”
He exclaimed, you never thought he’d be angry that you saved him.
“You were about to have your throat cut open.”
You raised an eyebrow, freaked out at his reaction.
“I didn’t fucking need to be saved. I don’t need help from you guys. Don’t you get it?! If anyone saw you saving me, we’d both be shot on the spot! Get the fuck away before someone catches us.”
You were speechless, looking at him blankly as you picked up your now battered shopping from the floor. It was odd just turning around and walking away from the guy you’d just saved from murder with no gratitude, just a scream at you. You knew he was one of them, one of the clan members and that didn’t bother you, you were just disappointed that you never even got a thank you. Looking back one last time, he was glaring at you as still as a statue in front of the unconscious man. It was an odd day to say the least.
Request: This was requested from @letmetellyoumyfairytailme „Could you do one were the reader and Loki are total
opposites but they both need each other because she can’t attack and he cannot
defense but they do it for each other and they like fight with the avengers
against Ultron, they safe each other’s life and kind of stare each other in the
eyes and smile and finally start liking each other. It has to have a lot of
emotional details and be in 3rd person.”
Author’s Note: First of all, sorry that it took me so long,
but I have been so busy and have other requests and it just took me forever for
the next part of Feelings and Work. But here it is, I hope you like it. Please
leave feedback if you like, so I can improve my writing. And this is probably going to stay a one shot. I have so much on my list, that I don’t have time to take it further anytime soon.
came up, you were called in, knowing you were the best at defending the team.
You swore to never attack someone, even robots, but you promised to protect
everyone and defend them. You were a great sniper, but also the best at
showed up, with is brother alongside him. You weren’t fond of that idea, you
knew his history, but Thor swore that he was there to help and he might be
trust him . At all. He is called the trickster and was on the other side
before. Why would he help now? You kept an eye on him the whole time, making sure he wouldn’t change sides again.
Nobody is going to hurt your friends and you loathed disloyalty the most. As he was known to not be loyal, you didn’t leave him alone for just one second.
from that point on was a blur, because it all happened so fast. Now here you
are fighting an army of robots on a flying city. You are keeping them away from
your team as good as you can, even though they are everywhere and your team is
everywhere, too. So you try to keep it balanced, making sure to defend them as
good as you can. Including Loki, you don’t want to, but he is part of the team
after all. You get up on one of the bigger building to get a better view.You hated it, that you couldn’t be everywhere, normally you had a good view and shot on everyone but here you couldn’t. The anxiety that someone is going to get hurt, krept up inside you, but you pushed it down, focusing on the task at hand.
Tony flying around, trying to get as many robots to follow him as possible.
Steve and Thor are fighting together, Clint was making his way through the
town, followed by Wanda, Pietro getting as much robots as fast as he can.
the team is split all over the city, making it impossible for you to keep an
eye on all of them. But still you manage to blow up some robots, that your
teammates couldn’t cover.
you see a lot of movement from the corner of your eye. Loki is surrounded and
is fighting as much as he can, but the robots are circling him, attacking him
from all sides. He tries his best but there are too many, even for him.
shoot some of them from the building you are on, but see that it’s not going to
help him as much, because there are even more coming. Your sense of protecting everyone kicking in, causing you to quickly make your way
down and run towards him, getting as much robots as you can, on your way over.
You shoot yourself a free path and join Loki.
handle this alone.” he says.
that.” You sass back. You stand back to back towards each other, as you take a
look around. Loki attacks them and you are trying your best to keep the ones
that are trying to attack him and you away. Surprisingly the two of you work in
sync with each other, blocking robots, passing them on, connecting your attacks. Him lending you a
hand, to throw you up towards a robot that was shooting the two of you from
above.It’s great but on the other hand it feels weird, considering you never foight on the same sode together. You weren’t even as in sync with anyone else as you are with him now.
It took you two forever to take all of those
robots out. And the both of you still got beaten up pretty bad. You turn
towards each other still holding your posture, breathing heavily, even though you both wanted to
hunch down in pain.
really good, considering you are a woman.” He said, with a mischievous smile on
his face, letting you know he was just teasing.
really good yourself, considering you are a selfish asshole.” You replied, staring at him, not knowing what to expect. You couldn’t read him and it made you a little uneasy, but at the same time even more interested in him.
nice to say to someone who just saved your life a couple of times.” He answers.
right back to you.” You smile. The two of you keep smiling and looking into each
other’s eyes. He extends his hands to you and you take it with a smile and
shake it. But the movements causes an insanely strong pain on your right site,
causing you to hunch over and hold your rips.
okay?” he asks, moving an arm around your shoulders and his other hand around
your right arm., surprising you that he even cared.
pain.. probably broken.” You hiss and can’t even straighten up again. Then you
hear and see the helicarriere and that the civilians are moved onto it.
Let’s go, seems like the battle is almost over. Well over for you anyway.”
those comforting words.”
and starts to slowly move you over towards the gathering crowd.
had my way with words.” He simply answers.
bet you didn’t have luck with woman than.”
you are underestimating me.” He smiles the mischievous smile again, winking at
causing you to wince in pain. The two of you slowly make your way over and
board one of the ships, where Loki slowly moves you down on a seat.
you two just the cutest.” Clint says, seeing the two of you together.
“Shut it, Barton.”
You sweetly say to him. He winks at you and leaves to help gather more
go and see if my brother needs some more help.” Loki turns to you and nods,
before turning and trying to leave.
“Try to not
get all the attention on you. I’m not able to safe your ass again.”
realize who you are talking to, right ?” he answers.
I’m not able to safe your ass again, your highness.” You reply with a smirk and
wave your hands in an attempt to bow in front of him. He smiles back and
chuckles, but moves on.
comment? Now I’m disappointed.” You call after him.
I’m just showing mercy.” He has an evil grin on his face and moves on.
is going to be interesting. Maybe he isn’t so bad after all, you think to
yourself as a smirk makes its way on your face.