Best of Magikarp Pokedex Entries
- Ruby/Omega Ruby: Magikarp is a pathetic excuse for a Pokémon that is only capable of flopping and splashing. This behavior prompted scientists to undertake research into it.
- Emerald: Its swimming muscles are weak, so it is easily washed away by currents. In places where water pools, you can see many Magikarp deposited there by the flow.
- FireRed: It is virtually worthless in terms of both power and speed. It is the most weak and pathetic Pokémon in the world.
- Diamond: It is said to be the world's weakest Pokémon. No one knows why it has managed to survive.
- Platinum/Black/Black2/White/White2: A Magikarp living for many years can leap a mountain using Splash. The move remains useless, though.
- X: It is virtually worthless in terms of both power and speed. It is the most weak and pathetic Pokémon in the world.
- Moon: Its reckless leaps make it easy pickings for predators. On the bright side, many Pokémon enjoy longer life spans, thanks to Magikarp.