Shout-out to Kyle and James from the Cave of the Dark Mother coven for teaching me this awesome spell.
This is a variation on a simple candle manifestation spell. With candle magic, you charge your intention into a candle and light it. As the candle burns down, your intention is released and allowed to manifest.
With this spell, you essentially flip the candle upside-down. By doing this, you are inverting the energy of your intention. You are reversing the flow of its energy.
Let’s say you’ve been having a lot of bad luck today. You trip over your shoelaces, you misplace your car keys, and you spill your morning coffee. This spell would allow you to break that unlucky streak. You could charge a candle with that unlucky feeling, with those memories of misfortune, and then flip the candle upside-down and let it burn. By doing this, you are reversing your bad luck. You are changing it into good luck.
As another example, let’s say you are feeling extremely unmotivated to finish a project or do some chores. To promote motivation, charge a candle with your lethargy and procrastination, then flip it upside-down and burn it. This will reverse that feeling of lethargy inside you and change it into a desire for activity.
In practice, this spell can be used to accomplish a lot of different things, such as cleansing a space of negative energy, removing obstacles from your life, or even reversing the effects of another spell.
I keep coming up with new uses for it literally every day, some of which I’ve included at the end of this post. Feel fee to experiment and come up with your own uses, too!
To Reverse the Flow of an Energy
1) Obtain a candle. If you’re into sympathetic magic, use a colored candle that matches the energy you’re reversing. (Side note: Normal tealight candles are perfect for this, but I find tall pillars work better for larger intentions).
2) Flip the candle over, and free the wick from the wax by pulling gently on the metal disk on the bottom of the candle. (You may have to dig it out if it’s not exposed).
3) Gently pull the wick out through the bottom of the candle.
4) Stick the wick back into the candle through the top.
5) You now have a burnable candle that has been flipped upside down. (If the top of your original candle is curved like this one, make sure you prop it up with a dish or candle holder before you burn it).
6) Charge the candle with your intention, then light it and allow it to burn down. Treat it like any other candle spell. Pour your energy into this candle, and visualize the thing you are trying to reverse. Imagine the situation flowing the way you want it to instead. Believe that the circumstance is already being transformed.
Some things I’ve used this spell for:
Removing an obstacle (like financial troubles or delays)
Removing negative energy from yourself, another person, or a place
Removing a hex or curse
Undoing the effects of a backfired spell
Undoing someone’s power over you
Undoing a situation that has gotten out of hand
Reversing a string of bad luck
Reversing an undesirable outcome or occurrence in your life
Reversing a decision someone has made
Changing doubt into confidence
Changing an aggressive situation into a peaceful one