1. Wearing gloves if you have them, trim off and discard the top and bottom of each jalapeño. Cut each jalapeño crosswise into 1-inch rings. Remove seeds and white inner ribs from each ring (a small melon-baller works well for this).
2. In a medium mixing bowl, stir cream cheese with lime juice, garlic powder, onion powder, and cumin until thoroughly blended. Season with salt. Using a butter knife, pack cream cheese into each jalapeño ring, filling it completely and smoothing the surface.
3. Fill 1 bowl with milk, 1 bowl with flour, and 1 bowl with breadcrumbs. Working 1 popper at a time, dip in milk, then transfer to flour.
4. Coat popper in flour all over. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet and repeat with remaining poppers. Let floured poppers stand for 5 minutes.
5. Working 1 popper at a time, return floured popper to milk, turning to coat. Transfer to breadcrumbs.
6. Pack popper in breadcrumbs, turning to coat, until an even coating has formed. Repeat with remaining poppers.
7.Heat 2 inches of oil to 350°F. Add poppers and fry, gently turning and stirring, until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined baking sheet and season with salt. Let stand 5 minutes before serving with salsa.