1. habit is the death of creativity.
2. freedom from habit requires some discipline
3. sometimes i let spellcheck choose
4. i couldnt write. i couldnt write. i couldnt write. will i ever write. i did graphic art. i did fine art. i did ballet, modern and jazz dance. i did mosaics. i did fiber arts. i couldnt write. i wanted to write. i couldnt. i wanted it. i couldnt. i wanted it. i learned to draw. i learned to sculpt. i learned i learned i learned. i have a bfa. but i wanted to write. i couldnt write. i wanted it. i couldnt. years. years. years passed. then LAAAAAA. suddenly i can write. i dont know why. i can guess. i dont care. (good not good) who gives a flying teslar fuck. im glad to be here with you people. sorry about the profanity. i love poets. i like myself as a poet. so ty poets.
5. i have sudden outbursts of intimacy where i share my shine then i have to go do the blanket sushi move and recover. re cover. ha. im a healthy introvert. i mean i think its not a disorder.
6. a perfect soft boiled egg
7. hi to brian my bff. hug
8. if i were a tree i couldnt choose.
9. passion about everything can be exhausting but you can love the way a slug has a suitcase of stuff on its butt if you pay attention
10. i need a lot of quiet, even from that which i love
11. i used to be a bug saver. even flies. until i did the @poetryriot prompt “carrion feast” and i researched what a fly is ready to do to me given the chance. the whole maggot thing. now i have a guitar shaped fly swatter.
It’s still juuuuust barely the 21st here (I’m late to the bandwagon here, I know, but I was stuck in a car all day, so…) and apparently that means it’s Fanfic Writers Appreciation Day. I don’t know who exactly came up with this idea, but I think it’s really great (and not just because of all the love I’ve gotten in my notifications - you all are too kind) and I thought I’d chime in with a few words of my own.
I’ve been reading fanfiction for ages now, and writing for a few years (though I’ve dabbled in original fic for a lot longer), and not only has it been formative for me, it’s also been transformative. (Spellcheck doesn’t think that’s a word. I call bullshit.) Fanfiction is what firmly entrenched me in this lovely little corner of the Agent Carter fandom, and it’s been a wild ride so far, from angsting over season two to holding our breath hoping for a renewal to petitioning and tweeting and tumblring our asses off in hopes of bringing this fantastic little show back.
So while this is a post about how much I appreciate all the fanfiction writers out there, that’s also inherently intertwined with how much I appreciate everyone I’ve gotten to know so far in the Agent Carter fandom. You all are one of the most opinionated, interesting, diverse, talented, and brilliant groups of people that I’ve ever had the pleasure of interacting with in fandom. I am so consistently in awe of the detailed, creative works that this fandom produces. You guys are wonderful.
fractalling all over me
spellchecker set on repeat
or spelljammer - ?
oh to fly
amid stars and wastes
& the great vast space
in between, blighted by night
rumble and rattle
amid my feet
i’ll keep you down
with iron gut and heart like stone
in any case:
blade to vein
or else to sail.
Whenever I see someone with the name Angle on my game I get really concerned as to whether not the person thought it was Angel and spelt it wrong or they really meant Angle. For example, I just seen someone with name “Destiny Night-Angle” Like did you want your name to be Angel? and you thought it was spelt Angle?? or did you really want your name to be “Night-Angle” and if so what is a Night Angle?? Please explain.