Itagaki’s Kamogawa Boxing Gym Training is similar to his pre-gym training, but a little more difficult. The volume is up and there’s a little more intensity, so it is good to use as a hard day, if you’re new to the workout or use Itagaki’s earlier training as an easy day once you’re used to this workout.
Even geniuses need to work hard.
Itagaki’s KBG Training
- 3 Mile Run, 7 Sprints Throughout (Shadowbox 15 seconds at the 1, 2, and 3 mile marks.)
Afternoon (4-6 Hours Later)
- 20 Push-ups
- 20 Sit-ups
- 20 Squats
–5 Rounds, then
- 3 x 3 Minute Footwork
- 3 x 3 Minute Shadowboxing
- 3 x 3 Minute Heavy Bag Work OR Mitt Work OR Sparring
- 3 x 3 Minute Jump Rope
- 3 x 3 Minutes Speed Bag Work
- 4 x 100 Meter Sprint (15 seconds rest between sets)
- 30 Seconds on/30 Seconds off x 5 Rounds Speed Punching
- 3 x 200 Meter Sprint (20 seconds rest between sets)
- 20 Seconds on/20 Seconds off x 4 Rounds Speed Punching
- 2 x 400 Meter Sprint (30 seconds rest between sets)
- 15 Seconds on/15 Seconds off x 3 Rounds Speed Punching
- 800 Meter Run (1 Minute rest between sets)
- (CONTINUE ONLY IF 800 METER < 3 MINUTES)
- 10 Seconds on/10 Seconds off x 2 Rounds Speed Punching
- 1600 Meter Run
- Speed Punching to Failure
- You have the option of skill work and conditioning or speed work and conditioning.
- This workout is very similar to the Itagaki’s last workout, so use that as a guide.
- For speed punching, your goal is to throw as many punches as possible in the listed time.
- Speed punching to failure means that you punch at high speed until you can’t handle it anymore.
- If you are unable to complete the 800 Meter Run in less than 3 minutes, finish the workout and do not continue to the next exercise.
- Need some gloves for the workout?
That’s all for today! Until next time, good luck and train hard!