I wanna talk more about maia and magnus’ friendship:
- magnus is always teaching maia some of his own alcoholic creations he’s mixed over the years so maia can add them to the menu at hunters moon so that no other bar in the area can compete with the specialty drinks they’ve made. (magnus likes to tell her that he invented all the popular cocktails but maia just shoots him that look of “I know you’re lying but sure”)
- they totally have hour long conversations about the bachelor/bachelorette, discussing who they think should be given a rose and who should be booted out. they get super passionate about their favourites and always shout at the tv while they’re settled in magnus’ loft, eating takeout and sipping on margaritas
- maia loves reading so magnus let’s her borrow books from his library that contains every genre you could think of. for maia’s birthday, magnus gifts her a first edition book of jane eyre because he knows it’s her all time fave
- maia always takes magnus out for coffee at least once a week so they can catch up and she can tell him about all the crazy things that happened at the bar that week, how she had to break up a fight between two vampires, how some drunk seelie tried hitting on her and ended up vomiting on her shoes. magnus finds it all hilarious.
- maia is super worried when she finds out magnus has a shadowhunter boyfriend because she doesn’t want magnus getting hurt and she wishes all the happiness in the world for magnus so she’s very cautious when she first meets alec until she sees the look he gives magnus, one with such adoration and love, a look she’s often seen in magnus’ eye when he talks about his boyfriend and maia feels this huge sense of relief because magnus is truly happy and out of everyone she knows, magnus deserves love and happiness the most
- maia loves jewellery, not as much as magnus does but she’s always wearing gorgeous necklaces and rings which magnus always compliments. so they always get little gifts for each other. maia gives magnus a small black box at the bar one day containing a silver spiderweb ear cuff which maia claimed it was something she thought he’d like. maia comes round for dinner at the loft and get given a beautiful sapphire ring that magnus saw on his trip to Italy and tells her “something so beautiful must be worn by someone equally as beautiful” and maia just laughs.
- maia is a really giggly drunk which causes magnus to be a giggly drunk too seeing as maia’s laugh is so infectious. they were watching a tv show they usually love but lost interest and as magnus got up to get another drink, he stumbled and fell into the book shelf and stands there shocked “a book just fell on my head, maia” and maia giggles and says “I guess you only have yourshelf to blame”. they laugh over that pun for 20 minutes which is how alec found them, tears streaming down their face while they struggle to tell him what their finding funny without breaking into another laughing fit.