Bloodborne Sci-fi AU
Because I have waaayy too much time on my hands, and also space. Anyone who wants to add on or pitch some ideas to me, hit me up or just reblog this post!
- Old Yharnam is a colony on the Pthumerian planet, which humans found while exploring space.
- The Pthumerian planet’s surface was inhospitable to Pthumerians and as such their cities were built underground. However, most of them were wiped out due to a blood plague, the remaining civilization a twisted relic of its former self.
- Byrgenwerth was a large research ship captained by Willem, Laurence being his second-in-command. They were originally intended to only explore and research the Pthumerian labyrinths.
- The humans inhabited the surface of the Pthumerian planet under the command of Laurence, starting a colony there which they name Yharnam. Willem stayed behind in Byrgenwerth.
- The beast scourge is exactly the same, because space werewolves are important to me as a concept. Laurence also still creates the Healing Church, etc etc.
- The Healing Church is also basically the same, just aesthetically different and with greater power over the colony of Yharnam as their creator is also the creator of the colony of Yharnam.
- As things in Old Yharnam began to go awry, The Healing Church begins to start work on New Yharnam, a self-sustaining orbital colony that would be put into the Pthumerian planet’s orbit. Plans for such a city had been in existance for a while, and the city was completely just in time for Old Yharnam to fall and burn, literally.
- The Healing Church as well as related organizations move to New Yharnam, the city orbiting above the mostly destroyed planet. Most teleporters to Old Yharnam are out of service, except for one buried deep in the bowels of the floating city, which is even then blocked off by an ally of Djura.
- The Executioners and the Vilebloods are two warring factions, the Executioners of course being linked to the Church. Their purpose is (as in canon) to destroy the Vilebloods.
- The Vilebloods are also the same as in canon in terms of how blood affected them. They were a small group that arose during the time of Old Yharnam, gradually growing in power and size until they moved from Old Yharnam, starting their own seperate colony.
- The Church was displeased with not having a group in their control, and thus they created the Executioners to deal with the Vilebloods. The Vilebloods were, however, rather competent at defending themselves for a while.
- Eventually the Vilebloods moved to a massive mothership, leaving the Pthumerian planet completely in hopes of being left alone.
- The Church still wasn’t pleased with this, and they armed the Executioners with their own ship. The Executioner/Vileblood fued culminated in the elimination of every last Vileblood except Annalise, the Vileblood Queen and Commander of the ship Cainhurst. Logarius, Master of the Executioners (and of course Commander of the unnamed Executioner ship), guards the entrance to the ship’s bridge where Annalise is entombed, the immortal queen being the only thing that isn’t a shriveled corpse.
- Cainhurst, battle-torn, derelict, and without power, drifts through the orbit of the Pthumerian planet. Everything within the ship is coated in a layer of frost that was created when the ship’s hull was breached during its final battle.