The camp will begin with physical abilities testing, followed by verifications on all four apparatus. As members of the U.S. national team prepare for this summer’s competitions, including the P&G Gymnastics Championships, scheduled for August 17-20 in Anaheim, Calif., the focus of the camp will be to finalize routine construction, improve technical execution of skills and exactness of dance elements.
au + 5 hc focusing on the Fire Nation royal family where everyone's gender is reversed, so daddy's girl Zuko and momma's boy Azula
Side note, I always have this debate with myself when I write genderswapped Zuko, because “ko” is a feminine ending in Japanese names.
1. Firelord Azula takes her younger daughter Oza with her to ask for the hand of Avatar Roka’s grandson. Poor Ursulon was uh, kind of engaged at the time, to another guy, and yes, his wife at their wedding still tells him she and the royal family own him now, and really this was not how Ursulon ever expected his life to go.
Firelord Soza and his daughter Azula have between them ruled the country
for more than a hundred years when Azula orders her younger daughter to
murder her daughter Zura. Azula was a warrior Firelord who led armies
in the field, and her daughter Ilah is leading an army against Ba Sing
Se. How dare her younger daughter Oza dishonor the memory of her niece,
another warrior princess, when Oza has never spent a single day on
3. Little Zura wakes up after a strange conversation with her father in the middle of the night to find her father gone, and her mother the new Firelord. Her face is still burned, and she is still cast out to hunt for the Avatar, with an all female crew, lest she muddy the succession with a pregnancy. Little Azulon is still favored and still a protege. One glaring difference however is that he meets Mai and Ty Lee through somewhat different channels, as he doesn’t go to the Royal Fire Academy for girls. Zura brings them over as friends, and Azulon sets out to steal them instead.
4. The really interesting thing about this AU for me is two things, after more than a hundred years of powerful warrior women Firelords, the Fire Nation martial tradition is gender neutral, and for many if not most Fire Nation people, the image of a fearsome warrior is female.
5. The other is how other people in other nations react to Zura. Sokka for example makes the terrible mistake of laughing at her, and loses a tooth and gets his nose broken as well as being dumped in the snow for his pains.
Sooo after talking with @omgsamchap last night about attitude turns (yeah bc why the fuck not) and whether or not they’re difficult, bc they might not necessarily look impressive, I feel like making a post about them.
The diffcitulty of attitude turns/pivot is that it generally takes you years and years of practice and technique to get a good position and I rarely see good ones in WAG, bc they don’t have time to focus enough on ballet technique.
My favourites in WAG are from
- Deanne Soza :
bc her back leg has a pretty “round” position and is not on the side like say Lieke (still love you) plus she manages to keep her hips rather square and has a nice alignment with her shoulders
- Morgi Hurd :
same qualities as Deanne /now kinda waiting for a Semenova ;) but there’s no rush
- Kseniya Afanasyeva :
her back leg is a tad too much on the side but she manages to bring it to an horizontal axis and she has a nice relevé
- Ksenia Semenova
kinda similar to Afan and what’s also nice is that both don’t bring their shoulders too far back as they settle to turn
- Olivia Cimpian also has a nice one which could be improved even more, but I can’t find a gif
NOW, MOVING ON TO RG, where pivots and turns are more important than in WAG, bc they really count a lot towards the D score and there are many in each routine
- Grace Legote :
even though her back leg could be further back, look at the square hips/shoulders, the relevé (plus her legs are like the size of Flavie Saraiva so it looks very elegant)
- Neta Rivkin :
best relevé out there, maybe her back leg a bit too bent and a very slight shift of the hips but her attitude position is above horizontal and her shoulders/hips really revolve around the same axis
- Yana Kudryavtseva :
very similar to Neta’s (even though this is her in 2014 and she broke her foot at the end of 2015 and now her relevé is slightly not as perfect as it used to be)
- Viktoria Mazur :
literally sob every time she nails one of her pivots (ukrainian technique at its finest), her back leg isn’t crooked or too bent at all. Ballet dancers would tell you she moves her left shoulder way too far back as she settles for her turn though
- Ganna Rizatdinoa :
She gets 2 Gifs bc one wouldn’t be enough to appreciate the perfection of ukrainian legs. Ganna is the queen of pivots of this quad, even though her relevé isn’t quite as good as Neta’s or Yana’s, but her attitude position is so good she can hold a ball with her leg..
and if you want more attitude pivots, rhythmics quals start next friday !!!
Summary: four times dan seethed in jealousy, and one time phil acted on it.
A/N: japhanfic!! i almost didn’t write anything bc i have no idea what’s in japan so all the locations are p vague :x
A/N 2: title from – you guessed it – the nick jonas song i used this ironically im soz
A/N 3: written in one sitting on my phone so like theres no read-more i am so sorry
A/N 4: my phil glossybutt is sick so this is dedicated to him we’re filming on thursday and friday u little shit get better (im jk i was sick when we filmed two weeks ago too im soz pls get better ilu no hetero)