Note: This is a long post. I do not claim to know the ins and outs of Korean politics.
So I just wanted to address some of the thoughtless and ignorant comments i’ve seen amongst kpop fans, in response to the sudden news of North Korea declaring war on South Korea.
It was only a few hours ago that I first heard news that North Korea is declaring war on South Korea. Now my first reaction to this was “Oh shit, this is really serious.” But it seems like some had other concerns.
The first thing I see on Tumblr in a kpop related tag is a text post of someone saying “I hope my oppas and unnies will be safe and healthy!!” Now there is so much wrong with that whole sentence. Do you hear yourself? One of the worlds most dangerous dictators is deciding to go to war on another country, and you’re only thought is about IDOLS? For real? Did you forget about the other 50 Million people who live alongside your biases or did you think the whole of South Korea was populated by celebrities?
Let me paint a picture for you. A little under 30% of the South Korean population live in rural areas. In a worst case scenario, those who live in such areas might not be in the financial state to buy a plane ticket and evacuate to a safer environment. On the other hand, “GD oppa”, “CL unnie” and the rest of the yg squad can use their money, hop on a private fucking jet and buss out real quick. Not everyone is as lucky.
And to add, when you were thinking all about your precious idols, did you think about their families? Many of them are normal people same as you and me. Most probably live far away from their children. Just think about a war starting in your country and you are not able to check up on your family because you live too far away. We all care about the idols, but lets give some thought to all the others out there.
So to all you thoughtless and ignorant assholes who don’t give a fuck about what’s going on, go read a book and get your IQ up a bit. And to those who think they know the ins and outs of Korean politics, keep their politics out of your ugly koreaboo ass mouth. Thanks ^_^
p.s: South Korea and North Korea have been at war for years and years and still are. Technically, North and South Korea are still in a “war-state”. So don’t freak too much.
Edit: There have been numerous articles about the situation. Some state that the North has declared war and some say that no such thing has occurred. Since I don’t personally know what is true I advise that you only go to trusted news sources and just keep yourself educated. ;)
good grief can people not fucking mention North Korea criticising what is happening in Ferguson?
North Korea talking about human rights is like Nazi Germany talking about racism. That regime is an ultimate inhumanity, it’s such a cesspool of human rights abuses I’m not even sure any other government comes close to it in terms of being a totalitarian state. It violates so many human rights of ALL ITS CITIZENS. Millions DIED in a famine while the parasitic Kim family lives in luxury and rejected food supplies from overseas. People get sent to the gulag (along with three generations of their family) for insulting the Kim dynasty. People got EXECUTED for stealing even copper wire to sell after the state run economy collapsed. They have kidnapped South Korean and Japanese girls- allegedly to use them to train infiltrators into South Korea and Japan. North Korea is basically like the worst of China during the Cultural Revolution continued till today.
That regime is completely inhumane and don’t FUCKING use it to say “even North Korea is criticising us” because I can tell you for sure if I had to choose between living in the US and North Korea, I would fucking choose to live in the US EVERY SINGLE TIME.
What is going on in Ferguson is terrible, but if you’re going to say “even North Korea” you are trivialising what North Koreans suffer, what South Koreans suffer living next to a regime that has committed terrorist activity against their people numerous times. This regime had its terrorists blow up a civilian airliner- Korean Air 858- and killed more than 100 people because it wanted to destabilise the South Korean government and embarrass the country right before it hosted the 1988 Olympics.
Don’t put it next to Ferguson, because this fucked up regime exemplifies the worst of humanity and Ferguson protesters are surely demanding more than the hideously low standards of North Korea.
1. Supporters for Palestinians stage a protest rally outside the Israeli trade office against Israel’s airstrikes on Gaza, in Taipei, Taiwan, Wednesday, July 16, 2014. (AP Photo/Wally Santana)
2. Demonstrators assemble in Barcelona, Spain to protest the actions of Israels offensive in Gaza July 17, 2014 (DAVID RAMOS/GETTY)
3. People protest on July 16, 2014 in the central French city of Lyon against Israel’s deadly bombing of Gaza. (AFP Photo / Philippe Merle)
4.Protesters lay on the street symbolizing Palestinians killed by Israel’s bombing in Gaza during a demonstration in front of the White House in Washington, DC, on July 16, 2014. (AFP Photo / Jewel Samad)
5.Pro Palestinian protesters hold a Palesinian flag during a rally on Rialto Bridge on July 16, 2014 in Venice, Italy. After the recent unrest there have been several flash mobs, rallies and protests in different parts of Italy asking to stop the bombing of Gaza. (Photo by Marco Secchi/Getty Images)
6. Filipinos participate in a silent protest outside the Israeli Embassy in Makati, the financial district of Manila, Philippines, 15 July 2014 against the Israeli military strikes in the Gaza Strip. (Erik De Castro/Reuters)
7. South Korean and Palestinian protesters living in South Korea shout slogans and hold up banners during a rally against the Israel military attack to Palestine near the Israel embassy in Seoul, South Korea. 17 July 2014. The protesters demanded Israel to stop attacks on Palestinian territory. (EPA/JEON HEON-KYUN)
8. Around 400 people marched through center of Sarajevo on Friday July 18, 2014, demanding an end to violence in the Gaza strip. (Photo by Elvira M. Jukic)
9. Members of the Palestinian community in Chile take part in a rally against Israel’s offensive in Gaza, in Valparaiso city, northwest of Santiago, July 12, 2014. (REUTERS/Eliseo Fernandez)
10. Marchers on their way to Parliament as they protest against Israel’s attack on Gaza on July 16, 2014. An estimated 40 000 people poured through central Cape Town to protest the Palestine “massacre” at Parliament. (Picture: Bertram Malgas/Foto24)