Didn’t do anything big for April fools this year and couldn’t finish this list but here’s the list:
Produces great football players.
- They all play for France.
Known as “The Heart of Africa”…
- …“The dead heart of Africa”.
Democratic Republic of the Congo
Was called “Zaire”
- Now gets confused with its neighbour.
Largest nation in Arab world.
- Exploits previous non-Arab culture and civilization for monetary gains.
98.52% Average turnout for elections
- only ever had one election (which was for independence).
Named after Ghana empire.
- Never had any ties to the aforementioned Empire.
Name translates to “Ivory Coast” in English.
- Official English name is still “Côte d'Ivoire”.
Wasn’t colonized by Europeans
- colonized by Americans.
Has successful movie series as namesake
- Didn’t save us by trademarking name.
Once had a successful civilization.
- Doesn’t know how to exploit previous successful civilization for monetary gains.(See Egypt)
Only nation to leave African Union.
- Wants to rejoin African Union.
- Doesn’t do much else.
Largest oil producing country in Africa.
- Still has frequent blackouts and wants neighbours’ oil fields.
loves sheep; the most popular tv show is a most beautiful ram contest
- biggest holiday involves sacrificing sheep
Always appears in geography quizzes.
- As a capital cities trick question.
Became a thing a few years ago.
- Atlases everywhere became outdated.
Split up from South Sudan.
- Doesn’t change name to “North Sudan”.
Builds reputation as one of the most stable countries in Africa and the Arab world
- Starts Arab spring.
Feel free to add to this post