You remember Xuxa and her songs (and probably named one of your pets after her)
You had at least ONE song from Carlos Vives you fucking adored (and probably still do, if you listen to it again).
You were obsessed with at least one classic Brazilian soup opera (Terra Nostra, O Clone, Uga-Uga, O Cravo e a Rosa- this one isnt exactly classic but damn if you didnt have a crush on Julian Petruchio), eventhough it was shown at night at adult hours.
You remember that venezolean telenovela, Mi Gorda Bella, and how much you adored its intro song.
Fucking Axe Bahia man.
You remember the original Ugly Betty, Betty la Fea (and how badass the intro song was).
You grew up watching Chiquititas and there’s a high chance that you watched Rebelde Way at first because it had the same main actors.
31 Minutos is Comedy Gold.
You may have had a Bandana phase or known a girl who did. (Screw you, you probably faved one song)
We know you watched Floricienta and faved at least ONE song. Don’t lie.
You remember Marcelo Tinelli back when his show was mean pranks and fútbol.
Casado con Hijos (Not the gringo one, but the one with Pepe Argento).
You remeber Shakira through her rockstar phase.
Musica Ligera by Soda Stereo is almost like Wonderwall by Oasis: Every douche with a guitar knows how to play it and thinks he’s cool for it.
There’s one murga argentina you fucking love. (SE VIENE EL TUTA TUTAH TUTA TUTAH)
Highlights from the Rebecca Mader panel at Storytelling Con, Barcelona, April 22, 2017
Asked about visiting Prague: “My favorite thing to do in Prague is just to walk around the old part, walk over the bridges, drink the wine and eat the food. I ate and drank so much in Prague it was fantastic. A really beautiful city.”
Asked about Elizabeth Mitchell: She missed working with her on Once Upon a Time but loved working with her on Lost.
About Zelena’s relationship with Hades: “That died a death didn’t it? Zelena and Hades no more. […] Being with Hades was the first time Zelena has ever been in a romantic relationship with a man or a woman. It definitely changed her. It broke down some walls around her heart. […] He was awful. She can do way better than him. He’s an amazing actor. I think she deserves to be with someone who doesn’t want to murder her sister. You know what i mean? […] I need some new blood. Someone new.”
If Regina and Zelena weren’t sisters would she ship them: “Yeah. It doesn’t matter because in real life we’re just Bex and Lana.” What story would you like for them? “To be lesbian lovers you mean? I’d watch it! It would have to be on cable or netflix. And for them not to be related. Just girlfriends, not sisters, two strong women? I ship it.”
Why she became an actor and move to the US: “I always wanted to be an actress but I couldn’t afford to go to college. So I just decided fuck I’m going to move to America and see what happens. So I moved to America with $200 and said I’m going to be an actress! And everyone said okay… and I showed them. Haters gonna hate….”
What would you like to be if you weren’t an actress: “I don’t have a plan B. I always wanted to be an actress so I did it. I don’t have an plan B. If it all goes wrong I’ll just have to do it at home.”
Asking about Glinda: “Yeah I love it when there are lots of Wizard of Oz characters. Tomorrow night, because you’ll all be watching illegally on your laptops, is a big episode for my character where you’ll get to meet the Tin Man and maybe the Cowardly Lion. I think it would be great if Glinda came back at some point. She’s beautiful.”
Bex cannot remember the Lost numbers.
Bex wants Star Wars characters added to Once Upon a Time.
How does she view Regina blaming Zelena for the death of Robin: “It was not my fault! I didn’t do it! I didn’t kill him! I killed Hades for her! I’m FINE! I literally killed my boyfriend to save my sister. You’re welcome. Regina lives because of me.”
FMK: Emma, Rumple, Regina. F: Emma, M: Regina, K: Rumple. Because Regina would cook for her and be a good wifie. “That’s a whole new tv show! I’d watch it.”
If Zelena had a pet what would it be: “A flying monkey. And a broomstick. And if you ever don’t see my baby in a scene, they’re like ‘the flying monkeys are taking care of it. They’re good nannies.”
A love interest from Lost for Zelena: Sawyer.
Funny stuff between the cast: She directs people to Snapchat and she suggests Lana is always trying to feed her and make her fat.
Favorite character on Grey’s anatomy: “The hot guy who is always moody and works in peds. And then like the hot blond lesbian. I love her. If I had a sick baby I’d take her to her stat.”
Promises that we’ll see some “sister stuff” in the coming episodes.
Question about Zelena finding true love, someone suggests Emma, “Sorry Hook. Maybe she should break up their relationship.” More suggestions about Zelena and Belle. “At the end of this season I don’t know that she’ll find true love. She’s still getting over that Hades thing.” But says she doesn’t need a man.
Favorite ship on the show: “Zelena and her broomstick.”
Favorite bloopers: “When i forget a line I say such awful things. There is a reason I’m not on the blooper reel much because when I forget a line I immediately swear. Once my sister came to visit me in Vancouver in September and we were in Mr. Gold’s shop and Regina, she was the Evil Queen, and there was Rumple, and my sister was by what we call video village where the monitors are and I walked up to the Evil Queen and ‘FUCK! I forgot what my fucking line was!’ and I heard my sister in the back scream and that made it so much worse. I don’t even remember what the question was.”
Favorite life advise: “Be yourself. Piss off hater. Do you. Just do you boo. And whatever you are doing in life just don’t give up. And when things are really awful and you just want it to be over and you don’t want to do it anymore it never feels the same the next day. Hashtag ThisToShallPass.”
What it was like working with Barbara Hershey: “Awh mama. Barbara Hershey was wicked. She’s really kind. She had really good candy. I had a bit of a love affair with Barbara Hershey. We fell in love and she would like hold my hand. We had these beautiful scenes with Barbara, Lana and me, and before we shoot while the cameras were rolling we would just hold hands and look into each other’s eyes and just say ‘I love you’. The three of us together was magical.”
Would she like to have a romance with King Arthur: “A bit weird because Liam is a very good friend and I know his fiance so I’m going to say no.”
She’s only ever been to an airport in Sweden. But she’d like to go there and see more then the airport.
What does she think about the Black Fairy: “I love her. I’ve known the actress who plays her Jaime Murray, for seven years. Jaime Murray is an amazing actress. But it’s nice. We’re the same age. We’re both English.” About the final battle: “Buckle up for safety, it’s about to get real.”
Memorizing dialogue: She learns each line and then the second, and then goes back to the first and does both, and then goes onto the third, and repeats until she learns all of it. She credits doing soup opera acting.
Another headcanon, this time Lance is … a shipper.
Since his romantic life sucks and all the girls rejects him all the time, he starts to ship his team. Mostly for fun because teasing his friends is the best way to forget about rejections AND best source of soup opera in the space (There is no internet or TV i guess).
imagine him teasing shallura (just for example) and his typical smile, beautiful smile.
hidge, kidge, heck even shidge at some point. And don’t forget about Galra people.
This boi is all about romance. “Bad romance”.
I see him as a cupid now… where is my pencil and paper?
She lost the love of her life on Earth 2, when Oliver died at the Queen’s Gambit and his father survived, becoming their Green Arrow. She moved to Star City from Earth 2 and became a meta-human. Zoom recruited her: help me or die, so she saw no other option but to do what he told her to do.
Team Flash captured her but Prometheus let her go, and once again she was given the choice: help me or die, so she is doing it for her own survival.
Considering all of this, I don’t see her as a villain. She has good inside her, we could see it in her scene with Quentin, when she worries if he’s fine when she locks him. I can bet she lost her father on Earth 2 and that’s why she wanted Chase to bring him no serious harm (we know he won’t keep his word btw).
Since KC is a regular on the show once again, I believe - and hope - that they will start on her redemption arc, cause she deserves it.
I love the actress, I loved Laurel from E-1 and I love Black Siren. She deserves to live a life free of threats, free of that shit.
And as much as I want to respect all shippers, what I saw on twitter today let me sad… People (olicity shippers) calling KC all names possible. People hate her cause she used to be the love of Oliver’s life? Because in comics Black Canary and Oliver are a classic couple just as Clark and Lois, Iris and Barry? Please, this is a comic show, and I’m all for respecting its origins, so if Arrow does it sometimes, even if its a little bit, with bringing her back for good, maybe redeeming her, so be it! I like Felicity even if I love Laurel and want to see BS redeemed.
also: no need to hate on Dinah…she is also a badass…I think the two of them can work together and it would be AWESOME.
There is a thing called maturity. U don’t need to hate a character or an actress just because u ship something. If u criticize others for doing it and act the same way, u are no better than them.
I bet Felicity’s line about annoying shippers of soup operas was directed to this kind of shipper: that throw hate and annoys the hell out of people.
Not generalizing, just making a point: this is insanely ridiculous. Just as in any other fandom, hate towards cast and crew is ridiculous.
I’ve run into a lot of discussions on the WWE recently, and the discourse around it is split in a lot of ways. Obviously some people, myself included, aren’t very happy with the way it’s being run currently, I’d say recently, there were a few final straws for people. Between James Ellsworth basically winning the first ever Women’s Money In The Bank Ladder Match, the state of 205 Live, or breaking up Enzo and Cass, there seems to be no end to the things the WWE will do that either make no sense, or are drama grabs in the worst of fuckin ways.
I’ve been upset with the product for a damn good while now and have all but given up, but what happened the other day was a perfect encapsulation with whats wrong with the WWE currently.
Now that’s not too surprising, but it’s a lot worse than just being out of touch I think.
Talking Smack was one of the most successful things on the WWE Network, and has some REALLY compelling things going on with it. For around 15 to 20 minutes every Tuesday night, Talking Smack would come on and we’d get to see interviews with WWE wrestlers that felt… real. They were usually still in character, but they felt a lot more genuine. They’d joke with Rene and Daniel Bryan, or sometimes they’d get so heated that they’d have the promo of their fucking lives like with The Miz. It was prime entertainment, and put Smackdown Live on the map because it has a lot more realness when it came to it’s wrestlers than Raw did.
Vince McMahon, having somehow never seen the show in his life apparently, came in last Tuesday, saw Talking Smack for the first time, and said “What do you mean there’s no script?! Cancel this show!”
And so Talking Smack was cancelled. Right then and there. No fair trial, no second thought, nothing. It’s just gone now. Well, sorta. It’s still gonna happen after Smackdown special events, but even those are gonna go away eventually because he wants to phase the show out completely.
Wrestlers aren’t allowed to go off the cuff. They aren’t allowed to get themselves over on their own character and speaking talents. They HAVE to have it done through a rigid script and unless going off script nets them INSTANT rewards, they get punished for doing so.
Yet Vince will also tell his employees to “Reach For The Brass Ring”. To make their success their own. To make themselves stars in a setting where your outcomes are already decided for you. As far as he’s concerned, if a wrestler doesn’t get over, even if they’re planned to lose every time they wrestle, it’s their own fault.
Lets change gears real fast.
I’ve been watching a lot of New Japan Pro Wrestling recently. Something I noticed with it is that while the drama is still there, it’s simplified down. There isn’t as much like… straight up convoluted and weird drama for the sake of getting rises out of people, and more things based on the matches themselves. Nothing feels throw away. Nothing feel like it has less meaning than another, and the company seems to reward wrestlers going off script and doing things on their own terms, and there’s no better example of this than The Bullet Club.
The Bullet Club, especially under The Elite, Kenny Omega, Nick and Matt Jackson, have made a name for themselves as heels, and gotten themselves over even AS heels. People LOVE the bullet club as much as they like to hate them, and they play it up. They embrace the side of wrestling where people understand that they’re just characters. They take it and turn it on it’s head. They have a youtube show for themselves that is in between just goofing around and doing silly skits, and legit setting up new story lines for themselves, and within the club itself.
And people fuckin love it. They love that these bad guys are just goof ass people. They love that they can see Kenny Omega at fighting game Tourneys and just have him do silly stuff, while also being one of the faces of NJPW (As in, one of the big names, not like… the term face.)
Kayfabe is dead to them 24/7.
Kayfabe is only dead 20/5 for the WWE, and the lines of it are getting more and more blurred in ways that don’t make any sense.
The current storyline is that Jason Jorden is somehow Kurt Angles illegitimate son, and as such, is now on Raw, meaning they broke up one of their most athletically and fluid tag teams, American Alpha, for an ACTUAL soup opera style storyline, and I can’t FUCKING BELIEVE IT. They broke them up because they didn’t know what do with them, and because they couldn’t make a name for themselves without being punished, this is where we’re at now.
The idea that wrestling is a serious thing, and that the rules of it have to be kept in place and respected are long the fuck over, and we’re seeing other wrestling shows find success through not trying so damn hard to make everything a twist. Not trying so hard to make everything HAVE to revolve around the absolute drama of everything,
Hell some are doubling down so hard that it wraps back around. Lucha Underground’s kayfabe is so strong that they might as well just have it be a cartoon because stupid, ultra unrealistic shit is happening in it all the time. Actual super powers and wrestlers getting killed off in the story is just the tip of the iceburg. Again, it’s embracing the silly side of wrestling, and pulling it in. There’s no way people can misunderstand it as anything but a scripted show because of how fucking wild it is.
WWE is sitting ugly in the middle of these two extremes, and it is not fucking working. It’s working for SOME people, because they lean more towards the bullet club way of doing things (See: The New Day) and some that lean more towards Lucha Underground (See: Bray Wyatt) but the normal ass normal men in the WWE, and a lot of the women, get swept under the rug WEEKLY because they don’t know what to do with them, and won’t let them do their own thing.
And now the one show that actually did let them do their own thing is gone.
Carlos when I see you rebloggging memes of brazilian celebrities or soup operas (like the math lady is one of the most famous vilians of our tv) i can't stop thinking you would have the time of your life watching some of it, some of them are so extra and dramatic, you would love it
hahaha really? yeah there are so
many hysterical brazilian memes. and and think i even saw a gif of that math girl villain jumping off a bridge lol
100 Questions Nobody Ever Asks - And Now I Know Why
I was tagged by @simsomedia - thank you, Mel! - and because I was too lazy to do replies I decided to procrastinate and do this instead. Like, wow, this was long… and kind of anticlimactic. Anyway, enjoy… Oh, also, in case I don’t finish the replies today: Blue Moon Update up for tonight! Bye!
1. Do you sleep with your closet doors open or closed? What closet?
2. Do you take the shampoos and conditioner bottles from hotels? Nope. I§m very particular about scents and the hotel ones usually smell bad.
3. Do you sleep with your sheets tucked in or out? Everything on my bed - me included - is a mess so everything just kind of flows around… to end up on the floor in the morning.
4. Have you stolen a street sign before? Yep. Don’t ask.
5. Do you like to use post-it notes? I wallpaper my walls with them. Great for writing stuff down and forgetting about it later.
6. Do you cut out coupons but then never use them? I don’t cut out coupons. I only read fiction and there are no coupons there :(.
7. Would you rather be attacked by a big bear or a swarm of bees? Bear. I just kind of feel it sounds manlier when they say you have been mauled by a bear, rather than killed by a bee. I’m all about being kickass when I go down.
8. Do you have freckles? I wish.
9. Do you always smile for pictures? Nope. I don’t like taking photos so I usually just make stupid faces to hide the fact I’m not photogenic.
10. What’s your biggest pet peeve? Oh, man, so many. I’m super lazy and try to halfarse everything, so probably that.
11. Do you ever count your steps when you walk? Too much effort.
12. Have you peed in the woods? I just returned from a month of trekking so take a wild guess.
13. Have you ever pooped in the woods? Now this is where I draw the line. Viva la gas stations.
14. Do you ever dance even if there’s no music playing? There is always something playing in my head, so why not dance to it?
15. Do you chew your pens and pencils? I used to… then I graduated to nails. So much better.
16. How many people have you slept with this week? Slept like in bed or slept like in Zauglom’s stories? I’m not even sure why I need to specify. 1.
17. What size is your bed? The usual size. I don’t know bed sizes. I fit in?
18. What is your song of the week? Drain the Blood - The Distillers
19. Is it OK for guys to wear pink? As long as I don’t have to it’s okay for anyone to wear whatever the hell they want to.
20. Do you still watch cartoons? Is there something else to watch?
21. What is your least favorite movie? Oh, man… touch one. I don’t know. I usually just don’t watch things I don’t like. Maybe the TMNT remake? You know that one with Megan Fox. Like WTH was that even?
22. Where would you bury hidden treasure if you had some? I’m not telling you my hideout! Piss off!
23. What do you drink with dinner? Beer or wine for when I’m feeling faaaaaancy.
24. What do you dip a chicken nugget in? Barbecue sauce.
25. What is your favorite food? Greek, seafood.
26. What movies could you watch over and over again and still love? Mr Right, Guardians of the Galaxy, Surfs Up - because I do watch these over and over again.
27. Last person you kissed/kissed you? There was already a question like this on here wasn’t it? Anyways still the same 1.
28. Were you ever a boy/girl scout? No. But I was a renegade. Does that count? :D
29. Would you ever strip or pose nude in a magazine? Nah. I’m a self conscious skeleton of a girl. Anyway, the only magazine that would want my nude photos would be like The Skeleton and a Bone or something. Or Long Legs and Skinny Arses.
30. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper? Last Christmas…. I gave you my heart but the very next daaaaaay, you gave it awaaaaaay… (this escalated quickly…)
31. Can you change the oil on a car? I can’t even drive one, why would I change oil in one?
32. Even gotten a speeding ticket? See above. I just don’t drive. I only have a licence to show people at bars if they refuse to serve me booze.
33. Even ran out of gas? Seriously? -_-
34. What’s your favorite kind of sandwich? grilled chicken or something spicy and mexican
35. Best thing to eat for breakfast? Full English breakfast.
36. What is your usual bedtime? Midnight.
37. Are you lazy? HOW DARE YOU! It’s the Queen of lazy for you, Mr!
38. When you were a kid, what did you dressed up as for Halloween? We don’t celebrate Halloween in Eastern hellhole where I come from so nothing much. We only started dressing up for Halloween when I was a teenager and we had parties. Usually I went for something superhero, or someone from a horror film. I’m not very creative. :D
39. What is your Chinese astrological sign? Dog, I believe.
40. How many languages can you speak? English, German, Slovak, Czech (no kidding, I learned the grammar because I was sick of asking my BF for advice every time I had to write a goddamn letter), and a bit of Irish which has gotten much better thanks to this trip!
41. Do you have any magazine subscriptions? Just a fantasy/sci-fi magazine I love.
42. Which are better: LEGOS or Lincoln Logs?(What are Lincoln Logs?) <–This was actually Mel’s answer but I feel like it fits pretty well. Huh?
43. Are you stubborn? ME?! NEVER! I WOULD NEVER EVER EVER DO SOMETHING JUST TO PROVE I’M RIGHT AND SOMEONE ELSE IS WRONG! NEVAAAAAAAAH!
44. Who is better: Leno or Letterman? Who are these people and why should I know them? DO they make ice cream? Or sandwiches?
45. Ever watch soap operas? I’m a soup opera so… in a way.
46. Are you afraid of heights? No, but I do have great respect of free falling.
47. Do you sing in the car? Nah.
48. Do you sing in the shower? All the time. I think the falling water and weird acoustic make my lack of talent sound better.
49. Do you dance in the car? How is that done? Like in the front seat? Or passenger? Isn’t that dangerous? Now I want to go and do it, thanks, weird questionnaire.
50. Ever used a gun? Yes and we won’t talk about that because we are not giving my father that satisfaction.
51. Last time you got a portrait taken by a photographer? My sister is an amateur photographer so… like all the time.
52. Do you think musicals are cheesy? Of COURSE I DON’T! I love them. I’m the kind of person that thinks that if people could just burst into a song in the tram life would be a brighter, more colourful place!
53. Is Christmas stressful? Nah. Sit back, relax and watch the civilisation fall down behind the window. *Takes a deep breath* That’s the smell of Christmas.
54. Ever eat pierogi? Huh? There are a lot of things I never heard of in this questionnaire. Does it think it’s smarted than me? WHAT?! YOU THINK YOU’RE SMARTER THAN ME? YEAH, YOU THINK YOU’RE SMARTER THAN ME, QUESTIONNAIRE?! HEEEELL NO! SOMEBODY HOLD MY HOOPS!…
Oh, wait, I googled it. It’s my fucking national food. Now I just feel stupid. But hey, cut me some slack it’s spelled pirohy in Slovak. :D
55. Favorite type of fruit pie? Chocolate.
56. Occupations you wanted to be when you were a kid? Fashion designer. Rocks star. Vet.
57. Do you believe in ghosts? Sometimes.
58. Ever have a deja-vu feeling? All the times.
59. Do you take vitamin daily? Nope.
60. Do you wear slippers? Actually, I’m a world renown slipper thief. My sister and BF were always complaining when we lived together that I kept stealing their slippers… to stack them under my bed and never wear. Soooo kind of?
61. Do you wear a bath robe? No. It would steal attention from my sexy black batman pyjamas.
62. What do you wear to be comfortable? My sexy black batman pyjamas.
63. What was your first concert? Heľenine Oči - I’m so glad you people don’t know who that is… otherwise I would have to feel awkward about this :D. (It’s all my cousin. He introduces stupid music to me and then makes me go to concerts with him.)
64. Walmart, Target or KMART? Sooo, we don’t have wither of those. Lidl I guess? :D
65. Nike or Adidas? SPORT IS EVIL! KILL SPORT! SPORT IS UGLY AND THERE IS NOT ENOUGH LEATHER!
66. Cheetos or Fritos? Aaaaw, just come on. Lays.
67. Peanuts or Sunflower Seeds? Peanuts.
68. Ever hear of the group Tres Bien? As per usual, snarky questionnaire, no. I have not. Happy now?
69. Ever take dance lessons? Yes. Sadly. They made me in High School. Worst week of my life.
70. Is there a profession you picture your future spouse doing? Yep. Bring me food. My future spouse is already perfect.
71. Can you curl your tongue? *tries* Yep.
72. Ever won a spelling bee? We don’t do that. You know, if the word is spelled the same way you pronounce it… spelling bee would be extremely pointless here.
73. Have you ever cried because you were so happy? No. But I scream a lot when happy.
74. Own any record albums? Many.
75. Own a record player? No I just stare at my records like an idiot, duh.
76. Do you regularly burn incense? Yep. I’m a new age freak… or maybe I just like liquorice.
77. Even been in love? No. I have been tragically trapped and lied to in order to manipulate me into a deep emotional turmoil and constant worry and pain that I feel for this one idiot who likes free solo climbing… like that one where you don’t use a rope. It’s not love it’s torture. Don’t do it at home kids.
78. Who would you like to see in concert? Brody Dalle? Back in the Distillers times? I have been listening to Distillers a lot lately.
79. What was the last concert you saw? Hmmm, let me think… Good Charlotte.
80. Hot Tea or Cold Tea? HOT.
81. Tea or Coffee? Only tea. Tea forever. Tea is life.
82. Sugar Cookies or Snickerdoodles? What the hell is that?
83. Can you swim well? Masterfully.
84. Can you hold your breath without holding your nose? There are people that can’t?
85. Are you patient? Hahahaha….no.
86. DJ or Band at a Wedding? Band! Something punk rock!
87. Ever won a contest? Yeah. I got to meet TDG backstage once thanks to my contest winning abilities.
88. Have you ever had plastic surgery? No. They said they can’t take out my brain and replace it with Stephen King’s.
89. Which are better: Black or Green Olives? Definitely black. Sweeter.
90. Can you knit or crochet? Both. My grandma told me that if I ever want to find a good husband I have to know these things. She also told me to never drink beer because a lady does not do that. In retrospect my grandma was wrong about many things.
91. Best room for a fireplace? Bedroom.
92. Do you want to get married? Never did. Now… thinking about it.
93. If married, how long have you been married? Like two years. But they did not give me a marriage certificate yet despite slaving away under this pressure of committed relationship.
94. Who was your high school crush? Hey now! I already told you guys this awkward story. He was a cute jock, let it go!
95. Do you cry and throw a fit until you get your own way? Ehm… since I only have to have my decisions approved my good old me who would I cry in front of? A mirror?
96. Do you have kids? A furry one. She likes to lick my face.
97. Do you want kids? Just furry ones. They like to lick your face.
98. What is your favorite color? It’s still black. It wil never be anything but black. Give up already.
99. Do you miss anyone right now? My furry baby. My BF went to Moravia to get her today and soon they will come home! We spend month apart and I can’t wait to see her jump around happily again!
100. Who are you going to tag to do this tag next?
Hmmm, let’s seee… who do I hate enough to make them go through all this? Who deserves this torture for all they have put me through these last months? Who would… @zauglom@zauglom@zauglom@zauglom aaaaand @zauglom There. I’m done. Now I’m going to reply to everything you threw my way, Daria. I will cry. It’s your fault.