psst do u have any klance headcanons i just rly love ur fic so far and i love ur work in general and i am sorry
Thank you you sweet anonymous bean!
Wooo boy, head canons, huh, lets see-
- Slow to the party Lance: He does quite get why he keeps talking so fondly of Keith to random strangers. And it takes him for ever to realize he’s basically had a crush on Keith since their rivalry began.
- Pinning Keith: Keith knows what his feelings are but there’s no way he’s going to confess anytime soon. This leaves him in a state of constant panic. Does my hair look okay? Was that cool? Maybe if I keep pushing it we’ll get into an argument… but at least he’s talking to me.
- Sometime during Shiro’s absence Keith will loose sense of himself and without Shiro there to talk him out of it Lance doesn’t just step in. Lance drops kick the wall they put up between each other.
- Because damn it they arn’t just rivals, they’re teammates, they’re friends.
- And Lance isn’t gonna sit idly by and watch Keith fall apart.
- No no not on his watch.
- Lance won’t straight out ask Keith what’s up, cause that’s not how they roll. They’ve never really opened up with each other like the rest of the team.
- So he takes baby steps to improve their friendship first.
- Like making Keith something to eat (with Hunk’s help)
- or asking Keith to help him spar.
- What he doesn’t realize is that Keith is now complexity over whelmed with the attention Lance is giving him.
- He’s trying not to let his feelings get in the way of Lance building up their friendship.
- He’s starting to get more and more visits from Lance. Little things like Lance teaching him how to play the video game he and Pidge bought from the space mall.
- And a more successful adventure to the Altean pool (this time they asked Allura how to actually swim in it)
- And even hanging out in each other’s rooms chatting about the last mission they went on and how weird the customs are on that one planet.
- Keith starts to feel less nervous and more confident, the way he talks to Lance now is natural and friendly.
- The way Lance acts around has changed too.
- he’s more touchy.
- He does it a lot with Hunk and Pidge. Random hugs, laying across them on the couch, playing with their hair.
- But the way he does it with Keith is just a little different
- His random hugs arn’t as quick they linger a bit longer, when he plays with Keith’s hair sometimes he catch Keith looking at him and he moves just a little slower.
- One day when Keith is sitting on the couch Lance takes the opportunity to lay down with him, using Keith’s lap as a pillow.
- They make little conversation but Lance can feel himself getting sleepy and goes to sit up.
- But Keith can see that he’s tired and keeps him down by running a hand through Lance’s hair.
- Lance ends up staying, falling asleep in Keith’s lap.
- Be he’s know’s it Keith feels him self dozing off too and gets up off the couch carefully moving Lance so he doesn’t wake him.
- He makes it one step from the couch when a warm hand shoots up to grab his wrist.
- Lance has scooted back and pats the couch. Silently asking Keith to lay down.
- Keith hesitates but realizes Lance isn’t going to let go of his wrist until he does.
- So goes to lie down next to Lance on the small couch when suddenly Lance take Keith in a hug and rolls him over so Keith is laying onto of Lance, his head on his chest.
- They let out a few tired laughs before getting comfortable.
- Keith feels Lance’s warm hand brush through his hair. His chest rises and falls with calm breathes.
- But Keith can hear the erratic pounding of Lance’s heart.
- He moves his head to look at Lance.
- Lance is already looking at Keith, half lided eyes and a warm smile.
- Keith can hear Lance’s heart skip a beat.
- He makes a move, dragging himself upwards towards Lance’s confused face and presses a soft kiss on Lance’s cheek.
- He hides his face in the crook of Lance’s neck feeling the collective pounding of both their hearts.
- Lance spaced out few a few ticks before using the hand entangled in Keith’s hair to crane the paladin to face him again.
- Leaning close he watched Keith close in eyes in comfort before stealing a tender kiss from his soft lips.
something like that