Things My Sister Said While Watching Return Of the Jedi For the First Time
(Imperial officers stride around in their little hats) Alayna: “Damn those Germans….”
(a camera lingers on the “bounty hunter” in a suspicious way) Alayna: “Luke?? I think that’s Luke. They walk like Luke.” (it’s Leia)
(Han & Chewie are reunited) Alayna, warbling: “Cheewwiiee!”
(Luke attempts to scale something) Alayna: “Yeah, scramble on up there, in your jeggings.”
(Luke is upset about something) Alayna: “Oh no! Oh he’s so bothered.”
(Luke decides that his secret twin sister is surely the only girl he knows, is right) Alayna: *makes that Kristen Wiig face again* Alayna: “Whaaaaaaat.” Me: *laughing* Alayna: “Oh god but they kissed!” Me: “Yeah, it’s—“ Alayna: “Eh, it was only once.” Me: *laughs more*
Luke: “Ask me again sometime.” Alayna: “Ask me. Again. Sometime.” Alayna: “Ask me again sometime.” 2 minutes pass Alayna: “ASK ME AGAIN SOMETIME.”
Alayna: “Can Chewie sense another furry thing?” Me: “Sure that’s probably how that works, right.”
(the gang is captured by Ewoks) Alayna: “It’s ok, Leia’s probably their queen now.”
(Emperor Palpatine complains about not being able to “feel Luke”) Alayna: “Why should he? Is he gramps or something?” Me: *snorts* Alayan: “I mean EVERYONE IS APPARENTLY RELATED, I’m just trying to catch up!”
(Han gets huffy & jealous that Leia has a life outside him and goes to storm off, then comes back and apologizes to Leia instead) Me & Alayna, in the exact same tone: “Wow!” Alayna: “You’d think more men would have learned, watching this.”
Alayna: “I bet I could speak Ewok.” Alayna: *pretends to speak Ewok* Alayna: *continues to pretend to speak Ewok* Me: “Oh my god.”
Me: “Oh god, Luke, your actual Biggest Weakness is ‘caring too much’.” Alayna: “That and power converters.” Me: *loses it completely*
(Ewoks inexplicable kick ass) Alayna: “Yeess!! The Minionns!!”
Alayna: “God, look at him. With his jeggings and his knee-high boots.” Me: “I think those are just…leggings.” Alayna: *laughs* Alayna: “Yeah, they are.”
Standard disclaimer that I skipped almost-duplicates.
1. You already saw this today - I took it at the bus stop this morning to illustrate to Fingers that weather cold enough to make frost form on your hair is a real life struggle that I am currently facing.
2. This was a makeup-check selfie, I was about to have some photos taken. That’s my Ninja blender in the background. It’s dope.
3. I was particularly proud of this omelette (chevre and homemade ratatouille) so I took a picture to memorialize it. Then I made it look unappetizing with my total lack of photography skills. It was delicious.
4. No makeup, air-dried hair, flannel pajama pants, Ninja Turtles t-shirt. Meet your Smut Khaleesi in her true form.
5. This is actually kind of a fun one - I had my first costume fitting for Pericles the other night and this was to send to the director to see if she was happy with it.
6. The face and paws belongs to my cat, Gabe. The hands and jeans belong to my boyfriend, Kevin.
Is it okay if I don’t tag anyone? I think just about everyone I’d want to tag has been tagged already. Say tag a few more times, Lauren.
so there’s a lot of shit going on about bellamy being completely OOC & if you think that it’s totally cool. i don’t play bellamy so I obviously don’t grasp his character as much as people who have tapped into him before, but i thought i’d throw my perspective out there bc there was no murphy so i need to talk about something lmfao. i don’t think bellamy was COMPLETELY OOC???? like pls don’t sacrifice me to the underworld or anything but
i know one of the biggest things may be the fact that he’s looking to pike as a leader, & it seems OOC because since the beginning Bellamy’s always been able to step up to the plate & take charge, back when he was the s1 asshole & when he developed into someone more unselfish. but think about what happened?
- he co-lead with clarke in the mountain & helped kill hundred of innocent people to save his own, and what happened? clarke left HIM to stay & help run things.
- recklessly went out of his way to save clarke from roan by & what happened? she refused to come home to her people & stayed in polis with lexa.
- he trusted a grounder & left mount weather ill-armed to the self-destruction.
HE DOESN’T TRUST HIMSELF ANYMORE.
all of these decisions he’s made has only lead him to either make more mistakes or make him feel like a FAILURE with no one to tell him that’s he’s doing his best. clarke ran away, then stayed with lexa. octavia mentioned not fitting in. gina’s gone.
all bellamy has ever wanted to do was keep his people safe, & after the events that have happened, HE DOESN’T BELIEVE HE CAN, ANYMORE. so he’s going to back up someone who CAN ; someone who has IMMEDIATE answers because the faster they move the faster Bellamy believes he’s MAKING UP for the tragedies he blames himself for. someone who can tell him you fucked up, here’s how you can fix it.
& honestly? why is it so hard to believe that Bellamy would be so DESPERATE? because he’s a nice guy who always did his best to protect people? because he’s always putting others before himself? because on the mountain jasper was DEFINITELY leading the other 47 and doing HIS BEST to come up with plans & elongate their survival as much as he could. clarke has ALWAYS done her best to save as many people as she could. yet we’re so eager to admit all their fuck ups. but when bellamy does something really dumb it’s OOC?
if you guys think bellamy’s above the terrible things tragedy can do to a person then idk what to tell you tbh?
I was tagged by @anotherwinchesterfangirl to post my last 6 photos on my phone. Which was hard, so I cheated and posted my favorites and let me tell you about it:
1. Me during a very warm summer day, after a beer, pretending to be a model.
2. An art thing about Simone de Beauvoir, who I love and is my favorite woman, writer, feminist, in the world. Author unknown.
3. Another art about Frida, another woman I love and have grown more interested in during the past few years. I still want her diary! Shame it’s expensive, I will have to give it to myself as a bday present in May.
4. Some relaxing, doing some reading and eating some cheese while listening to Belle & Sebastian’s If you’re feeling sinister.
5. Me, hello, that’s my face, trying out Kat Von D’s Underage Red, it’s gorgeous.
6. My newest tattoo, David Bowie’s lightning bolt, as made famous on his Aladdin Sane almbum cover!
Stydia / Teen Wolf Tag Questions - 1. Favorite Stydia Scene 2. Favorite Stydia Quote 3. Moment you think Lydia fell in love with Stiles 4. Favorite Stydia episode overall 5. Favorite song that reminds you of Stydia? 6. Favorite character other than Stiles and Lydia 7. Favorite quote Stiles says to Lydia 8. Favorite quote Lydia says to Stiles 9. Favorite McMartinski scene 10. When do you think Stydia will officially be canon?
Today, I stayed home from school. And I’m glad I did. I had a bad feeling about going.
I know why now. During the course of the day, the kids would be doing health activities like zumba, golf, running. Simple stuff like that. All of it was okay according to my friends, except for one.
What happened was the school brought a real f**king marine to the school and let him treat the kids like crap. There was no water, it was in the sun, and there not allowed to stop. If one kid got it wrong, everyone else had to do the exercise again.
One girl had a serious asthma attack and she could not get her inhaler.Two kids were crying, but he just yelled at them to keep going, to work harder. Now, the students were 12-14 years old. TWELVE TO FOURTEEN YEAR-OLDS WERE FORCED TO PARTAKE IN STRENUOUS EXERCISE WITHOUT BREAK OR WATER FOR FORTY-THREE MINUTES.
Not only that, but they had to do it PERFECTLY, and if one kid was a tad off, everyone had to do even worse exercises for a longer period of time. There was no care given by any of the adults, and the kids were treated badly. The marine they brought in yelled and refused to help the kids who couldn’t do it.
I don’t know about anybody else, but this pissed me off when I was told about it by many other students. One even stated it was so bad she didn’t know how to put it into words.
Reblog if you think this was wrong. I’m trying to make a point to my school now so that they don’t do it again next year.