I’ll start: the ‘DID YOU PUT YOUR NAME IN THE GOBLET OF FIRE??!?!1!’ thing really doesn’t bother me that much. I care infinitely more about the lack of ludo bagman, winky, and quidditch world cup in that movie than I do about this questionable adaptation of ‘calmly’
ps blacklist confessions if you don’t want to see these posts
I'm from southern california where a great variety of languages are spoken. My grandparents always complain when people either can't speak English (claiming everyone should since it's the official language of the US, which is a lie lmao) or that they can't understand their accented English yet when I bring up that when my uncle and aunt lived in the Netherlands for 3 years and they spoke virtually no Dutch my grandparents just say "everyone there speaks English anyways" It's very hypocritical :/
I guess English-speaking entitlement is where everyone has to be bilingual or more …except them. ‘Cos many continental Europeans who know English had to learn it as a second language in school or they made the effort to study it in their own time.
I think it’s probably good to learn English if you’re going to live in a majority English-speaking country for practical reasons, and it also opens your path to more opportunities to know the majority language of the country. In general, I think the principle is you try to learn the lingua franca of the country you’re in if you’re going to live there and it’s not a short vacation. But it’s not overnight, some people may struggle more than others, some are working labour-intensive jobs where they don’t have time for language classes, and many will of course have an accent. Pretty ironic they are complaining about people who are making the effort…
***After the two previous fic posts got so much love from you, and since the holidays are coming which probably means a ton of time to read, here is the 3rd edition of my Malec fanfic recommendations. Because let’s be real, there never can be enough Malec love going on, right? I hope you gonna enjoy this one, too. Again, if you want me to continue doing this, let me know, okay? And now, have fun reading!***
As the goalie for the New York City Blazing Angels, Alec
Lightwood thinks he’s finally found the team he can go all the way to
the championship cup with. Then his agent and financial advisor are
arrested for stealing their clients’ money, and Alec is forced to take
on a side job doing endorsement deals, plus find a way to trust his new
Alec hates Magnus the first time he sets eyes on him.
Magnus hates Alec more.
But they’re going to have to find some way to work together if Alec is going to make it to the championship.
Alec Lightwood had a good life in Columbus, Ohio. He was
growing strong as a lawyer in his mother’s law firm and achieving his
dream-career step by step. He had a good life, comfortable and steady,
if not a little boring.
So, when headhunter Magnus Bane offered
him an interview at the prestigious IDRIS LLP in New York, Alec decided
that it couldn’t hurt to take a look. After all, one didn’t turn down
IDRIS LLP off the hat, even if they weren’t really interested.
did he know that New York offered much more than a job in a bigger
company. The city was fast, insanely alive, but most of all, it had
Magnus. And Magnus changed everything.
Alec only likes getting up at four in the morning to get to the
hospital because he has always dreamed of becoming a doctor and because
he finds a childish excitement in besting Dr. Glitter and winning a
battle in their little war for his favorite parking spot.
It has nothing to do with Magnus’ incorrigible, shameless, incessant flirting. Nothing.
Magnus is a morning person, Alec not so much. When Magnus tries to wake
Alec gently so that he isn’t late for an important meeting at the
Institute, Alec decides he wants to stay in bed and have his boyfriend
wake him up properly.
Alec heads to Magnus’ apartment after a hunt, but realizes when he gets
there 1) it is the middle of the night 2) Magnus is not expecting him
and 3) he has never spent the night before. Alec begins to panic but
Magnus settles his fears.
A murder is committed in Alec Lightwood’s jurisdiction that is achingly
familiar. A nine year old boy is found on a jogging trail in Central
Park,and Alec can’t help but think of Max, his little brother who’d been
murdered years earlier. During the course of the investigation, Alec
discovered that Max’s murder was just the first of a string that has
lasted twelve years. In addition to this very personal and draining
investigation, Alec must deal with one of Magnus’s ex-lovers who decides
he wants Magnus back. He only has to go through Alec.
Alec and Magnus had an amazing night together, despite
the alcohol, and Alec isn’t ready for their time together to end. It’s
just hard to make things work when they both have responsibilities
keeping them apart.
(Wherein there is sibling bonding and more dates and not-secret secrets about Alec come to light.)
Instead, Alec feels the slipperiness of the oil as it pools at the
bottom of his spine; sleek, liquid warmth that cascades down the small
canyons of his skin, settling into the defined dips and shadowy hollows
of Alec’s muscles. Magnus brushes the slight calluses on his palms
through the glossy sheen, massaging the persistent tension that still
lingers stubbornly, using the force of his weight to press Alec into the
sponginess of the mattress. And the breath stutters out of Alec’s
lungs, suffocating him with molten heat and a ferocious desire to have
Magnus pin him down hard and deliberate into the bed and fuck him
“I don’t understand why you can’t just tell me.” “Because
they’re right about one thing”, Isabelle’s eyes were sad when they met
his. “Knowledge is a big part of being powerful. Without memory of the
Angel’s blood there’s nothing left but a mundane.”
Alec loses his memory in an accident and everyone keeps being annoyingly vague with him when he tries to get his memories back.
The gang goes on a road trip, Alec is easily distracted, and his and
Magnus’s sex life is nowhere near as private as they think it is. Set at
some point in the distant future where Valentine is no longer an issue,
Alec and Lydia are running the Institute together, and Simon’s sunlight
problem has been resolved.
It’s been a month since Alec was kidnapped and tortured by vampires. A
month since starting a new and exciting relationship with Magnus Bane
and things are actually going pretty well, considering all they have to
deal with. Enter Camille Belcourt.
He can’t believe, doesn’t want to believe, that he
canceled his wedding, kissed Magnus in front of the entire Clave, all
for nothing. It can’t have been for nothing. He’s been keeping Magnus at
more than arm’s length, ignoring his calls and his presence around the
Institute. Alec knows that Magnus is only lending his services to help
find Jace, because it’s important to Alec. Alec knows he’s being too
careful. He knows that relationships aren’t set in stone. He knows that
either of them could die at any moment. But he can’t imagine the hurt
that Magnus would feel if they started something and Alec were to die.
He can’t be the reason for Magnus’s pain.
“Someone’s impatient,” Alec hums, evidently pleased at his own
ability to take his boyfriend apart, piece by piece, until all he knows, thinks, breathes, is Alec.“You
have been teasing me for ages, darling,” Magnus retorts, eyes drinking
up that glorious, lean body looming over him, coated in a thin sheen of
sweat that makes every dip and hollow of Alec’s body scream out for
Magnus’ tongue. “I, unfortunately, do not have the gift of a stamina
His forehead was scrunched in concentration and Alec was reminded
that, unlike himself, Magnus didn’t have a stamina rune to protect him
from exhaustion. He didn’t seem too affected, though, and his attacks
were only getting stronger, as if he was getting angrier and angrier
every second the vile creatures spent ruining their night.
moved in sync, finding a perfect rhythm in each other’s movements,
flowing gracefully around one another in a deadly dance of combat.
Lindir laid entirely still, not an inch of his body moving, his eyes closed to the damp cold. Worms crawled along his flesh as maggots feasted upon his corpse. He was dead. There is nothing more to be written of this valiant, fallen elf.
Bare with me through the next part of the story. I know that many of you will walk away from reading this feeling as though I am just pulling your chains a bit, but when I started to write this, my intention was to keep everyone as much ‘in character’ as possible, and regardless of how I would desperately like Quinlan to act, I needed to stay ‘in character’ for him. Forgive me. He is not a love sick puppy, he is not easily susceptible to rampant emotions. This is actually why I like him so much as a character and also what makes him challenging AF to write. He is hardened, he is callous, he is calculating. He always assumes that he knows what is best at all times … until he does not. But he still feels … and I think he feels more than a normal man.
In the end, I did not enjoy writing this. I’ve been dreading it from the beginning. I went back and forth between how to approach it best. For those of you that are Dawn fans, stick with it. I think everyone will be pleased at the end of this long, and sometimes infuriating, journey.
Also, this fic was completely written in my head before I even started to put it to keyboard. Because of that, there is something that happens in this chapter that is truly fundamental to the second Part of the story. Over the last week, I pushed ideas around to entirely remove this scene do to possible reader backlash, but I simply couldn’t throw the needed conversation somewhere else and have it convey the same power that it does here.
She wasn’t sleepwalking this time. She had just come downstairs to get some water in an attempt to ward off the impending hangover that was obviously going to take place tomorrow, but he was standing stoically behind her when she turned to retreat back to her room with her acquired drink.
“Oh!” She yelped and dropped the glass. He managed to grab it before it hit the ground, still right side up and handed it back to her.
Hello!!! I've been following you for a while on my other (reblog only) account and I just made this account five minutes ago! My own art account! Yay! I'm trying to migrate a little from Instagram to here, but I was wondering if you had any tips? I've never had a tumblr account where I actually post stuff so literally any tips or tricks help! <3
oh my goshh hello!!! welcome to the artsy side of tumblr dot com!! where people share tips about which brushes to use, how to create the perfect color pallete, why photoshop is a pain in the ass, and where to hold mass crying sessions every wednesday at 5 pm to mourn the loss of the half-assed sketches we never managed to finish. WE WELCOME YOU WITH OPEN ARMS!!! all eight of them. yes we draw tentacle porn too.
ANYWAY!! YAY FOR ART BLOG!! A SPACE FOR YOU TO STORE ALL YOUR MAGNIFICENT PIECES (and they ARE magnificent holy shit i just went to see ur art and theyre so good??? h o w) IN AND SHOWCASE IT TO THE WORLD!!!!!! i dont really have Super Helpful Tips considering im not 100% an art blog and i tend to reblog everything that fascinates me lmao but I’LL TRY!! HERE U GO FAM:
1. draw what you love. this is pretty generic and probably not all that helpful, but i mean it - draw what you love because this blog is going to be your safe space and a place for you to stow your passion in. don’t give too much thought about what will bring you the most notes. yes, it’s super great to get recognition for what you do, but if you’re only making art to please everyone but yourself, then what good will it do? for me, since my drawings tend to lean more into humor, i always try to think of a trope/prompt to draw in my head first, and then if i end up ugly snorting at myself, then that’s a surefire way of knowing that that’s what im going to draw. because if other people won’t end up liking it, at least it makes me laugh, and that’s already more than enough, imo.
2. interact with other artists, no matter how intimidating you think they are. because more often than not, that artist is actually super nice and fun to talk to, and is always open to more artsy friends. trade drawing tips with them, share free photoshop links, tell them which brush presets you use, etc. seriously, i’ve discovered so many fellow artists whom i originally thought would be intimidating that said they were intimidated by me and i’d always wish that i had been more courageous in starting up a conversation with them so they didn’t have to feel that way!
3. post your doodle dumps. for me, personally, i truly love it when i see other artists’ casual doodles, because it gives them a sense of being human and not having to make perfect artwork all the time?? if you know what i mean?? and sometimes with the doodles you can still see the tiny soft sketch lines and the rough edges and parts where theyre too lazy to use an eraser so they try to cover it up with thicker lines, etc i dONT KNOW OKAY THEY JUST LOOK SUPER FASCINATING TO ME AND I LIKE TO POST MINE TOO SO I DONT STRESS MYSELF INTO MAKING “PROPER ARTWORK” ALL THE TIME
4. reply to people’s compliments. this is of course hard to do if you have a big follower count which makes it difficult for you to catch up with your messages, but still, try anyway. appreciate the time theyre willing to give in order to drop a nice message in our inbox. if we learn to appreciate our audience, then they surely will appreciate us too!
5. the shorter the caption the better. this is up to your preference really, because there are posts that aim to tell stories behind the art, posts where the process of the drawing is written in detail, etc. but personally i like to keep it short and clipped with a touch of wit and humor so that the majority of the viewers’ focus is still on the art and not on the caption.
6. watermark. dear god, watermark your shit. watermark it to HELL AND BACK because this goddamn site knows absolutely JACK SQUAT about proper crediting, as frustrating as that sounds. it doesn’t even have to be a huge one smack dab in the middle of your work. as long as its readable and not in a place where people can easily crop it away, then you’re fine. fuckin reposters gaining attention and traffic to their fuckin blogs by taking advantage of other people’s hardwork god motherfuckin dammit im SO PISSED
7. learn to say no. you will get requests from people wanting you to draw this and that for free. and while sometimes you’ll come across some very interesting ideas that you’ll want to draw (in which case, go ahead, be wild, be free my friend) you’ll also come across requests that you just… dont want to do. nobody should dictate you on what you can or cant draw. it’s okay to say no as long as you do it nicely.
i think thats all i can say for now?? obviously theres actually more to say about this but i think thats the gist of it.
hope that helps and i wish you the best of luck with your art blog!! HAVE A GREAT DAY LOVELY
Have a look at everyone who has performed on xf this year. Not all of them have a connection to Simon but they are all friends with One Direction. Everything in this year's xf has been leading up to, not just the finale but to the end of Simon.
Simon was tricked into having blue and green sticks on Sunday when Zara was performing. Everyone else had other combinations including blue, green, white, yellow and red. Everyone is against Simon. Sunday will be a fun day. Not for him though.
I’m assuming this is the same anon? Listen, I want nothing more than to watch Simon’s empire crumble as karma finally captures him and shows him what’s up, but he is a psychopathic control freak so I find it hard to believe that he could be tricked into anything on his own show. Having said that, I have 5 bottles of champagne in my fridge just in case.