If anything Jess is Rory’s Christopher. He’s not as bad but…
- Bonded in their youth over both being outsiders
- We in a relationship but he left her high and dry because he couldn’t deal with the emotional responsibility
- Regularly moves and traverses around the county offering very little contact or support ( When Jess showed up in the revival Rory indicated they hadn’t seen each other for years)
- Still have a very good relationship but she still verbally outpaces him (a seemingly small point but very important if you consider the GG scripts)
- He’s still in love with her and has intimate knowledge of her, she still loves him, but no longer seem in love
- Treats her like a backup plan
Were as Logan is like her Luke
- Is a man who is part of her ‘new life’ forged away from her mothers influence.
- Is part of her adult world, rather than her juvenile world.
- Always respects her personhood and her consent, letting her initiate and set boundaries on their relationship, baring one huge exception (April, The Proposal)
- Very much seems to ‘take what he can get’ (even if you dislike Logan you have to recognise he would leave Odette in a second if Rory asked him)
I mean its loose, but Logan is not as flaky as Christopher, and Jess is not as stable as Luke. I think the problem is more people like Jess full stop, and tend to project themselves onto Rory, forgetting that she is not this perfect little Ravenclaw angel. Jess is a Ravenpuff, but Rory is a Slytherin, so is Logan. As characters they fit better, regardless of your attraction towards Jess or Logan
One of my favourite things to crochet lately are soft sculptural crocheted nesting bowls. Sophie’s work is so beautiful because her pieces look like they’re inspired by the natural world, or something found under the sea. See more of Sophie’s lovely work HERE.