Growing out your hair takes time, there’s no denying it! But you’ve got to start somewhere right?
If you’re sick of your short hair and you don’t know what to do with it, or maybe you just want those long locks back you once had:
• Start with cutting down on all the heat! I’m not saying you should throw out all your curling irons or straighteners but if you want to grow out your hair at a faster rate, that’s what you have to do. Only use a curling iron or straightener on special occasions.
If you feel like you have to curl your hair every single day, having your hair in two French braids (or one braid) over night leaves you with soft waves in the morning! :)
• When showering, use lukewarm water or even cold water when rinsing out shampoo and conditioner.
(NOTE: Use the conditioner on your ends, NOT in the roots as it will weigh down your hair)
Using hot water on your hair is just as bad as using heat products! And since you probably wash your hair a lot with hot water, think of how much damage your hair has to go through. It’ll cause split ends so you’ll have to cut your hair and start all over again.
• When you get out of the shower do NOT use a hairbrush!!! Your hair is so fragile and so much more prone to breakage when it’s wet and using a hairbrush on your hair after showering will once again cause split ends and breakage. So instead of a hairbrush, use a WIDE TOOTH comb or a wooden brush!
• After showering it’s great to use an argan oil of some sort and massage it on your ends as it’ll soften up your hair and you could even run your fingers through your hair (with the oil) and it will make your hair more shiny as well!
• Now, when you’re growing out your hair you don’t want to shower your hair every single day, so maybe wash your hair every second day or three times a week. Now I know you’re all thinking ‘Ew! My hair will get so oily and disgusting!’ Yes, it will get oily and it will look kind of gross but that’s why you’ve got dry shampoo! Dry shampoo will be your new best friend for the next couple of months when growing out your hair! Just part your hair in sections and hold the bottle around 30cm from your hair and spray those roots! I’ve only tried batiste dry shampoo and they tend to look really grey/white when you spray it so make sure to massage it in really well! You don’t want to go out with the roots of your hair looking grey or white!
• I’m growing out my hair right now and it’s a pain in the ass tbh but it’s working, haha. I use a really good hair mask from Lee Stafford, it’s the ‘hair growth’ one and I personally think it’s amazing! I use a thickening hair shampoo and conditioner and with the hair mask it leaves my hair feeling much thicker, softer and it also smells really good.
Hope you guys liked this little hair tip on how to grow out your hair! :D Please send in requests if you have any and I’ll answer as fast as possible! Xx