Stanley Pines hadn’t really planned on kids, but then, they managed to find him anyway.
A little Father’s Day tribute (a day late, whoops) to not just a great dad uncle, but the greatest uncle!
Soon I’ll be sixty years old, will I think the world is cold Or will I have a lot of children who can warm me?
-Lukas Graham, Seven Years
Stan Pines always figured he would have kids someday. Sometime after his “ew, girls are icky” phase and the following “okay, girls ain’t so bad,” yet before the “well shit, you know what, guys are A-ok in my book, too.”
Having kids seemed the thing to do when you grew up. What usually happened, Filbrick would grumble, whether you planned for them or not.
Stan didn’t necessarily believe that to be the case; regardless, eventually having a rugrat or two was what he wanted, expectations be damned. Babysitting his nephew had given him an appreciative stance on kids. Just the way a baby looked at you, like you were sun and lit up the whole world with your presence alone, that was staggering to Stan, unlike anything he had ever felt.
Not wanting kids was fine, too, as Stan pointed out when Ford expressed his disinterest in spawning any of his own. As always, the brothers were more different than alike, identical or no. Stan pondered if that was the way it went with all siblings.
(“Fatherhood would simply be a major distraction to my research. In moderation, children can be fun company, of course; but they’re also messy, loud, disruptive, and desire a lot of attention.”
“Geez, Sixer, sound like yer describin’ me,” Stan snorted.
“Exactly my point.”
Stan scoffed, socking his smirking brother in the arm. “Shuddup, nerd. Keep talkin’ like that and Uncle Ford won’t be invited to my mansion for Thanksgiving.”
1. So if you know if there are any fan fictions about jongdae having a solo album or going solo?
2. Hello! I love your blog and that is why I visit it everyday! I keep up with the daily updates but recently I’ve been visiting that kid!au, singledad!au etc. And I wanted to know of you guys or the followers know about any new fics about adoption or family In general?! (Mpreg, adoption, family, singledad, kids) I am craving for some new fics or update! Appreciate the hard work and the recommendations <3
3. Hi admins, do you know of any stories where someone wishes for something (usually impossible or highly unlikely) that actually comes true? Example: In “Our Way Home”, where teddy bear soo becomes human after making a wish
4. it’s official, i’ve cleaned out the top!tao tag 😭 do you guys have anything else you could reccommend? thanks so much for running this blog btw! it really helped me out in finding specific fics! 😘
5. any fics with hybrid!yeol? i’ve gone through the hybrid tag but i can’t find much :( i’ve read all the fics involving hybrid!yeol… thank you!!
6. I hope you don’t mind me asking but do you know of any fuckboi like fan fics?
7a. Hi! Have you stumbled upon new free verse/poetry/experimental fic? I’ve read everything filed under creative context and I need more :((
7b. Also, can you rec fics set in wartime where exo are rebels/soldiers? Any pairing is fine, and I need me some character death. Thanks for your hardwork!
Gellert was in an odd modd. He danced through the room and sang a made-up really silly song:
“Sooo, gummy bears, gummy bears. Soo, here I come with gummy bears. And you are probably excited, and you are probably excited, and you are probably excited. Who would have thought so? Gummy bears! Soo, here I come around my pimped resolute desk with much buzzing. Who would have thought so? Outside you get a present; who would have thought so? Gummy - gummy - gummy - gummy bears. You get that? Gummy - gummy - gummy bears. Soo, here I come with gummy bears. Place the file in your hand, and you are probably excited. So here I come with much buzzing… gummy bears, you get that?”