🌿 Using Weed in Witchcraft 🌿
I’ve noticed there’s not a lot of posts on how to incorporate weed into witchcraft! I’ve had a few fellow stoner witchlings ask for a post as well and I feel comfortable making this post because I’m a certified botanist. I’m sorry if it’s a little unorganized, I got high to write it.🔥🌿 Please, only read this if you’re okay with the topic of drug use and remember to smoke responsibly, make sure you research specific strains! Also, I’m sorry this is long af.
Where Do I Even Begin?
I use cannabis as a way to induce a state of relaxation and meditation. For me, it helps me clear my head and focus my intention. Let’s start with the different strains of weed and which kind of witchcraft they support the best.
Indica tends to be sedative, and gives a body high. This type of marijuana will provide a very relaxing and strong body high that is helpful in treating general anxiety, body pain, and sleeping disorders. As a spoonie this is what I most often smoke to ease pain and nausea, just as a heads up to other people looking for relief. The most popular Indica strains currently include Kush, Northern Lights, and White Widow. My recommendation is Purple Kush or Northern Lights. This is great for self-love spells, protection, divination, healing, and stress-reducing spells or rituals.
Sativa -dominant marijuana strains tend to have a more grassy type odor to the buds providing an uplifting, energetic and “cerebral” high that is best suited for daytime smoking. A sativa high is one filled with creativity and energy as being high on sativa can spark new ideas and creations. This is great for glamour spells, love spells, hexes, curses, and other high energy spells.
But honestly, just do whatever makes you feel good and makes you happy, your well-being and comfort should be the most important thing in your practice. Please smoke responsibly
That’s Cool But What Else?
You can definitely mix certain herbs and flowers with your weed! Just pop a couple petals or buds in your grinder with your weed. Please, be careful that you don’t smoke something toxic and do your research. Some flowers are toxic to humans and a few are deadly. Below you’ll find a list of things you can smoke and their properties and why you cannot smoke because sometimes it’s hard to find information online. Note: Please, don’t smoke any of the below if you are nursing or pregnant.
- Yarrow is a mild stimulant and has anti-inflammatory properties, it’s great for soothing pain in the lungs and throat. It can cause allergic reactions.Courage, Love, Enlightenment
- Blue Lotus use as a sleep aid, as a natural anti-anxiety remedy, and as a stress reliever. Blue Lotus contains nuciferan (a natural anti-spasmodic) along with aporphine, which will give you feelings of calming euphoria. It is important you smoke only the petals. Lunar, Protection, Divination, Prosperity
- Wormwood can also be used as a light anaesthetic. It is commonly used to give relief to menstrual cramps and muscle pains. It is also being used as a remedy for common cold, tapeworm, headaches, and nausea. It’s also used as an aphrodisiac, this is not for extended or frequent use. It can cause allergic reactions. Psychic Powers, Protection, Love, Calling Spirits
- Lavender can be use as a sleep aid, as a natural anti-anxiety remedy, and a stress reliever. Sleep, Happiness, Peace, Cleansing, Protection, Love.
- St. John’s Wart in very small portions. I’d rather you didn’t do it at all but it’s technically legal so I’m listing it St. John’s Wort may be a natural herb but it does have quite a few side effects. Before you start using it, consult your doctor first if you are taking medications that can negatively interact with St. John’s Wort. It can effect how well certain medications work including birth control, mood-stabilizers, and anti-depressants. On the other hand, St. John’s Wart is a mood-stablizier, so if you’re not on any medications and feel a little anxious smoking some could indeed help. The most common side effects are dizziness, nausea, digestive problems, tiredness, dry mouth, and sun sensitivity. Health, Protection, Strength, Love, Divination.
- Rose petals, white sage leaves, rosemary, wormwood, mint leaves, marshmallow root, catnip, meadowsweet, and passionflower. I know there’s more I’m missing but these are the one’s I suggest!
- Please don’t smoke(if it’s in bold it’s really bad): Yew, Sandal Wood, Mistletoe, Periwinkle, Dogbane, Orange/Lemon Peels, and Dragon’s Blood. Those are the major one’s people tend to ask about.
Fun Witchy Things To Do With Pot:
- I like to blow smoke rings and use them as casting circles for cleansing energy. When they break apart and the smoke starts to blanket the room I know it’s absorbing all the negative energy from my home!
- If you use a bubbler you can read the bottom like tea leaves! It’s a bit of hoot.
- Incorporate the weed strains name into your magick! When I’m working with Freyja I often smoke Northern Lights because in Norse Mythology they represented the valkyries. And who doesn’t want to be bad ass? I smoke Purple Haze to bring in positive energy. Be creative! You know your practice the best. 💜
- Incorporate the pipe into your practice. On Samhain, I smoke out of apples because it makes me feel extra witchy and closer to Hel. Also, you can carve sigils or names into an apple! You can use color correspondences or whatever floats your little balloon.
- Ashes!! Don’t throw away your ashes! Use them in binding spells, protection spells, or black salt. But if you’re a gardener plants love the ashes! Mix it in with plant food or just sprinkle some on top of them once a week! ( I personally swear by this, eggshells, coffee beans, and lavender salt.)
- Cleanse your pipe, it’s the least you can do for all it does for you. I like to leave mine out under the full moon to cleanse and just smoke an apple instead with carved intentions to cleanse my home. (I use weed for everything,
- Charge your water if you’re using bubbler, bong, vape, etc. Moon water is totally awesome in this situation and so is rose water! I personally love using rose water but please don’t use store bought rose water. It’s often simmered water and essential oils. You can make your own rose water by putting some petals (dried or fresh) into a saucepan and let it simmer, do not let it boil, when the petals lose their color it’s done. Press the remaining amount of rose from the petals with paper towels into the water!
- When you inhale the smoke, visualize that you’re bringing in the good energy and all the properties of your bowl, let the smoke absorb all your negative energy and release it! I like to have an incense or candle going if I’m breathing out the bad. 😅
- Charge your weed with crystals. Every time I get a new batch of weed I put a piece of rose quartz in with it and let it cleanse my weed of any negative energies it might have collected from previous owners.
- Blow smoke out of your face like a dragon???
I hope this is helpful in some way! If I’m missing anything please let me know! 💖🌿💨